User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    That's awesome! I definitely think I look more sx/sp
    Yah…see now I don’t.

I mean, the fact that I am so last…this is reflected time-and-again on tests…but is most clear to me when I consider my everyday behavior and the areas in my life where I seem to thrive and/or struggle. But when I look at those composites…there is no way in hell I look as ‘smoldering’ as the sx/sp or ‘mysterious’ as the sp/sx. I mean, maybe if someone snapped a picture of me when I just woke-up…or if I was day-dreaming or something…I *might* be able to achieve one of those ‘intriguing, deep, there’s-more-than-meets-the-eye’ kind of looks (maybe)…but no. When I’m going about my ‘daily biz’ I look most like the so/sx composite.

^^^the thing is though is I would kinda expect that actually. I’m not explaining this very well…but I would expect an ENFP that was say…engaged in some kind of social interaction…to look most like the so/sx composite regardless of e-type or actual instinctual stacking (the nature of Ne)… Which subsequently has me wanting to dismiss this whole ‘theory’ as significantly flawed/crack…but oh well. I guess what I would want to see were instinctual variant composites that were also type-specific…either enneagram or MBTI or both.

Typing based on someones appearance is just a fun game to pass the time. Don't take this seriously guys. If you're SO first and you don't smile a whole lot, or you like intense music that lacks subtlety (SX stereotype), you could still be SO first.

to all.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Yah…see now I don’t.

I mean, the fact that I am so last…this is reflected time-and-again on tests…but is most clear to me when I consider my everyday behavior and the areas in my life where I seem to thrive and/or struggle. But when I look at those composites…there is no way in hell I look as ‘smoldering’ as the sx/sp or ‘mysterious’ as the sp/sx. I mean, maybe if someone snapped a picture of me when I just woke-up…or if I was day-dreaming or something…I *might* be able to achieve one of those ‘intriguing, deep, there’s-more-than-meets-the-eye’ kind of looks (maybe)…but no. When I’m going about my ‘daily biz’ I look most like the so/sx composite.

^^^the thing is though is I would kinda expect that actually. I’m not explaining this very well…but I would expect an ENFP that was say…engaged in some kind of social interaction…to look most like the so/sx composite regardless of e-type or actual instinctual stacking (the nature of Ne)… Which subsequently has me wanting to dismiss this whole ‘theory’ as significantly flawed/crack…but oh well. I guess what I would want to see were instinctual variant composites that were also type-specific…either enneagram or MBTI or both.
    I know what you mean... I was thinking about the look I have when being photographed. More than the way I look just all the time.

Its all I have to go by really because I don't see myself otherwise! Haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

I think there are some static features to these composites. Recently a friend of mine showed me a picture of one of her cousins and asked me to type her. I typed her as so/sx by the instincts and my friend said I was correct and asked me to type another guy. He looked very dense and somber so I typed him sp/sx and she said that's what she thought also. I typed them by pictures never seeing them in interaction.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Typing based on someones appearance is just a fun game to pass the time. Don't take this seriously guys. If you're SO first and you don't smile a whole lot, or you like intense music that lacks subtlety (SX stereotype), you could still be SO first.

to all.
    It's helpful to some extent... especially to those of us who are INxx as a reminder to pay more attention to people's appearance.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Yah…see now I don’t.

also....as an sx i think you're either on or you're off. you're on when you're unintentionally scanning a room for the "juice" but shut off when none is found.

so that look....the look of pulling someone in....or taking in their essence is only done if you are indeed intrigued by someone.

and i don't mean sexually...or romantically necessarily...just anyone that feeds your energy.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    also....as an sx i think you're either on or you're off. you're on when you're unintentionally scanning a room for the "juice" but shut off when none is found.
    Omgosh haha...have you ever had that experience where you are super off but still in a position where you need to continue interacting with the other person? I couldn't even guess as to how others feel in these kinds of situations...but since I basically navigate everything by how I'm experiencing the flow of energy...if I can't find a connection with someone...all the energy has no place to go and starts to build up and overwhelm me haha. I'm sure people reading this will be like wtf? If I do find a connection with someone however small...so energy flows with purpose...it is all very easy and I can talk to anyone. If I can't find a connection...I physically experience the 'chaos' of it all...and if it's too much I will become all awkward even or start to say weird things because I can't focus haha...all I can think about is how to get away and re-adjust.

so that look....the look of pulling someone in....or taking in their essence is only done if you are indeed intrigued by someone.

and i don't mean sexually...or romantically necessarily...just anyone that feeds your energy.
    I have no idea how you thought to respond to this after some time had passed...but it's amazing to me. I've been thinking & rethinking so much about this lately...And everything you just said...I can't even tell you how much I agree. haha Lady X.

I tried to find the photos so I could look at them again...but the link in the OP no longer takes you directly there... And...of all the people on the forum I imagine you know best...how much effort I dedicated to finding them from there. I remember the sx/sp female was very beautiful...seriously like she looked like a model [interesting fact: those photos were composites of several males or females of a specific stacking...And in scientific studies they have found that people consistently rate facial composites as more attractive than single shot images that were scientifically scored and considered to be equal in attractiveness - so weird man. And...the more individuals making up the composite...the more attractive the 'person' was believed to be! My best guess as to what occurs...because they are not removing these people's facial imperfections or anything...everything's getting factored into the composite...but it's like the composite somehow becomes universally beautiful...possesses an over-arching beauty. Like how people of mixed ethnicities seem to take beauty to that jaw-dropping, 'omg how is this even possible that someone can look that perfect?' next-level] <--I wasn't relating to all of that...all that well... with the sx/sp composite haha. But have since seen my not-necessarily-jaw-dropping-in-the-same-way version of the sx/sp facial expression.

What I have been thinking about so much lately is how and what sx-doms do to block/diminish/scatter energy in order to keep people out of the intimate space...which may be more applicable to sx/sp but idk. But with all I wrote at the beginning about the intake of energy... I need to protect the space or I'll become even more crazy than I already am. And you are right...it's not (always) about romantic or sexual stuff. What I have been thinking is that the so/sx facial expression... that look is probably something any Ne dom can pull off. But the question is how is it actually being used? A genuine so/sx individual is probably using it like 'I'm actually completely interested and excited about what you have to say!' Whereas I often use the so/sx look like...'if I wasn't totally freaked out by your freaky vibe...sure...maybe I'd be a little more interested in the words that are currently coming out of your mouth...but since I'm overwhelmed...I'm going to use this go-to so/sx look in order to seem friendly and polite...all while blocking you and looking for an escape route.' I also use so/sx as an autopilot facial expression just to seem harmless and friendly in public...And to try and not let show how hard it is for me to do regular life stuff like find items in a store...or remember which side of the car my gas cap is on every time I pull into a gas station...

But what you wrote is so perfect. sx/sp look to draw in... and for me if the situation calls for it...so/sx to seem like I'm engaged in the real world environment just as much as every one else is...or to block.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

the link in the op doesn't work any more, here's the new link to Instincts and faces - http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ace-Composites

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

@Starry did you see he posted the link again? ^^ that's awesome

look at the guy ones! we're they there before?? which ones do you find more attractive, engaging, interesting etc ??

i don't know why i think this is so interesting but wow it totally is haha
    i'm definitely drawn to the sxness

also...
    just found a couple pics on my facebook that i think sort of show the normal and real sx/sp thing and the other that's the open so look.

let me know what you think...

Attachment 9821Attachment 9822
    -Jim Morrison

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

It's as if streotypes had a baby and named it prince, but the entire ruling class is naked.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :newwink:
  • :wink:
  • ;)