• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Instincts and faces

People get government grants to research the most absurd shit and it’s no more wasteful than what the politicians do with the people’s taxes. Go get that sweet federal monies and hit the streets people!

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
People get government grants to research the most absurd shit and it’s no more wasteful than what the politicians do with the people’s taxes. Go get that sweet federal monies and hit the streets people!

Starry

I’ve worked in science for many years now. And if there’s one thing that I’ve learned from all the freakishly high IQs I deal with on a daily basis... is that it’s the true geniuses... these guys never say “no”. I’m not shitting you and it’s what originally drew me to this site although things may be a little different now idk. But yah...it’s a bit uncanny really how easy it starts to become to separate out “booksmarts”...that tend towards naysaying...and geniuses that meet the unknown with “YES!”

This is because every scientific fact started out as “the ravings of a lunitic.” Every last one of them.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I’ve worked in science for many years now. And if there’s one thing that I’ve learned from all the freakishly high IQs I deal with on a daily basis... is that it’s the true geniuses... these guys never say “no”. I’m not shitting you and it’s what originally drew me to this site although things may be a little different now idk. But yah...it’s a bit uncanny really how easy it starts to become to separate out “booksmarts”...that tend towards naysaying...and geniuses that meet the unknown with “YES!”

This is because every scientific fact started out as the ravings of a lunitic. Every last one of them.
True...so true.

The site is different. People are different. All things are absurdities besides what you personally deny are absurdities. I for one will maximize the number of poodles in the universe.

Starry

True...so true.

The site is different. People are different. All things are absurdities besides what you personally deny are absurdities. I for one will maximize the number of poodles in the universe.

Okay, I’m going to edit my post to put “the ravings of a lunitic” in scare quotes...because that’s how I meant it...I’m not taking about actual lunitics here. Geniuses protect their greatest asset from getting too far ahead of them...their minds (with some therapy if needed).

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay, I’m going to edit my post to put “the ravings of a lunitic” in scare quotes...because that’s how I meant it...I’m not taking about actual lunitics here. Geniuses protect their greatest asset from getting too far ahead of them...their minds (with some therapy if needed).

Its weird being able to conjure anything on a whim. I can go anywhere or summon anybody or anything to me. One thing is clear, though—poodles hold the secrets to the universe and poodles will solve all the world’s problems. I created a poodle breeding program to make as many poodles as fast as possible. Imagine a poodle in every house, starry! Wouldn’t that be wonderful?

Starry

Its weird being able to conjure anything on a whim. I can go anywhere or summon anybody or anything to me. One thing is clear, though—poodles hold the secrets to the universe and poodles will solve all the world’s problems. I created a poodle breeding program to make as many poodles as fast as possible. Imagine a poodle in every house, starry! Wouldn’t that be wonderful?

omFg yes! That would be the most wonderful thing EVER!!!

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
omFg yes! That would be the most wonderful thing EVER!!!

According to existentialist philosopher, Albert Camus, life only has the meaning we give it. Friedrich Nietzsche uncovered similar insights. Life is what you make it, and all meaning and goodness come from within. Its a shame the powerful extremely powerful impose their hang ups on the rest of us with their armies and their guns and their laws. Rules aren’t necessary for a good society—in fact, too many rules may actually worsen it.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah Galen’s socionix’s composites; I’m surprised they’re still around (Long dead website). I had this pet theory that the more faces added to them, the greater difficulty in differentiating them. The end result of any continuously added composite being a reduction to the mean. If you took multiple random samples of people large enough to reach this saturation point it would always end up with the same result.

I mean the last time it tried the result was forced sterilisation and euthanasia. While the bar is set low for this administration it seems a step too far.

This is because every scientific fact started out as “the ravings of a lunitic.” Every last one of them.

Come on Starry you know this isn’t true or very least that it’s more complicated than this. On top of which it doesn’t hold true for this anachronism of phrenology. It's similar to the way people tend to use epigenetic to try and validate Lamarckism. Adding new appendages to a several hundred year old turd does not change the fact that its still a bloody turd.

Starry

Come on Starry you know this isn’t true or very least that it’s more complicated than this. On top of which it doesn’t hold true for this anachronism of phrenology. It's similar to the way people tend to use epigenetic to try and validate Lamarckism. Adding new appendages to a several hundred year old turd does not change the fact that its still a bloody turd.

I mean, I wasn’t writing a dissertation here. Are things more complex or complicated than the way in which I stated them in one tiny thread on one forum on the Internet? Sure. But I’m still comfortable with what I wrote.

Do you know how many *bloody turds* arrived long before their time? And had to keep making debuts prior to finding its moment? Or how many things do work this way or that and yet we don’t currently understand why?

Still...I could give a bloody turd if VI ever becomes a thing or not. I’m always wondering more of what might be discovered when talking constructively with others about pretty much anything.

So many people get their panties in a wad if things don’t readily make sense to them though...why? I think it’s great if people want to discuss things but to just point and laugh at the lunatics? I’m confident when I say...history is on the side of the lunitics. Very confident indeed.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mean, I wasn’t writing a dissertation here. Are things more complex or complicated than the way in which I stated them in one tiny thread on one forum on the Internet? Sure. But I’m still comfortable with what I wrote.

I assumed it was hyperbole; given all the obvious counter examples. The mathematicians of the enlightenment Newton, Leibniz, Euler, all thermodynamics, I'd imagine most chemistry, and the majority of experimental physics. Actually most physics post world war two; except wildly out there concepts such as GUT-CP.

Do you know how many *bloody turds* arrived long before their time? And had to keep making debuts prior to finding its moment? Or how many things do work this way or that and yet we don’t currently understand why?

It had its moment; a hell of a moment. A defining a century moment, altering the course of human history moment.

Still...I could give a bloody turd if VI ever becomes a thing or not. I’m always wondering more of what might be discovered when talking constructively with others about pretty much anything.

Talk as you will; but if you speak of the hoof acknowledge the horse.

So many people get their panties in a wad if things don’t readily make sense to them though...why? I think it’s great if people want to discuss things but to just point and laugh at the lunatics? I’m confident when I say...history is on the side of the lunatics. Very confident indeed.

I can't tell if you're applying this generally or specifically; if specific then I probably know more of the history and principles behind it then most on this site, and it doesn't make me laugh. I've said my piece, and honestly I just thought someone should. I'll leave you to it :bye:

Starry

I assumed it was hyperbole; given all the obvious counter examples. The mathematicians of the enlightenment Newton, Leibniz, Euler, all thermodynamics, I'd imagine most chemistry, and the majority of experimental physics. Actually most physics post world war two; except wildly out there concepts such as GUT-CP.

It had its moment; a hell of a moment. A defining a century moment, altering the course of human history moment.

Talk as you will; but if you speak of the hoof acknowledge the horse.

I can't tell if you're applying this generally or specifically; if specific then I probably know more of the history and principles behind it then most on this site, and it doesn't make me laugh. I've said my piece, and honestly I just thought someone should. I'll leave you to it :bye:

You are so knowledgeable on this subject it might be difficult for you to imagine how not knowledgeable I am haha. I wasn't even considering VI specifically when I made the comments you referred to. I was addressing an overall trend that I see here... A discussion starts up on some topic...and without fail here come all the folks that want to tell you how dumb you are for simply having it - that's all No supporting information to explain why the topic is wrong or misguided...or why the individual has doubt like [MENTION=1206]cascadeco[/MENTION] did in this thread because she's clearly interested in open discussion... Nope just driving by to basically say "this is dumb" or "you all are fools" or what I believe I'm really hearing through all the noise..."I'm better...I'm smarter than you all." People can say many things of me... but not once have I ever dropped off a negative opinion of some discussion and left as if my opinion mattered that much. I've never used other people's pursuit of understanding as a way to fortify my own ego or social standing or whatever.

Anyway...VI is interesting to me but again I'm not attaching it to any history and don't really understand how anything bad could come of it.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You are so knowledgeable on this subject it might be difficult for you to imagine how not knowledgeable I am haha. I wasn't even considering VI specifically when I made the comments you referred to. I was addressing an overall trend that I see here... A discussion starts up on some topic...and without fail here come all the folks that want to tell you how dumb you are for simply having it - that's all No supporting information to explain why the topic is wrong or misguided...or why the individual has doubt like [MENTION=1206]cascadeco[/MENTION] did in this thread because she's clearly interested in open discussion... Nope just driving by to basically say "this is dumb" or "you all are fools" or what I believe I'm really hearing through all the noise..."I'm better...I'm smarter than you all." People can say many things of me... but not once have I ever dropped off a negative opinion of some discussion and left as if my opinion mattered that much. I've never used other people's pursuit of understanding as a way to fortify my own ego or social standing or whatever.

Anyway...VI is interesting to me but again I'm not attaching it to any history and don't really understand how anything bad could come of it.

Here’s a question: Can asexuals and demisexuals be sexual dominant? If so, how?

rav3n

sx/sp here and I align with the pic for sx/sp. But...I sometimes align with a number of others. The only ones I don't align with are so/sp and sp/so.

Starry

This is a good question MQ. But as you know I’m older and I think missed the wave on this every-kind-of-sexuals-you-can-imagine thing and subsequently am ignorant in this regard. I’m likewise frustrated by the fact that I can’t seem to find a definitive answer on these. For example...am I a demi-sexual? idfk. And it all hinges on one word that appears in half the descriptions and is missing from the rest. And it makes a big fucking difference so who the fuck is in charge of this as I have some criticism to dish out...

Half the descriptions say a demi-sexual can’t experience sexual attraction unless they have established an emotional bond. And the other half say that they can’t experience strong sexual attraction unless there’s an established emotional bond.

^Im the latter...and honestly I would imagine most sx doms are the latter as well but without knowing the true def there’s no way in fuck I can answer your question.

rav3n

This is a good question MQ. But as you know I’m older and I think missed the wave on this every-kind-of-sexuals-you-can-imagine thing and subsequently am ignorant in this regard. I’m likewise frustrated by the fact that I can’t seem to find a definitive answer on these. For example...am I a demi-sexual? idfk. And it all hinders on one word that appears in half the descriptions and is missing from the rest. And it makes a big fucking difference so who the fuck is in charge of this as I have some criticism to dish out...

Half the descriptions say a demi-sexual can’t experience sexual attraction unless they have established an emotional bond. And the other half say that they can’t experience strong sexual attraction unless there’s an established emotional bond.

^Im the latter...and honestly I would imagine most sx doms are the latter as well but without knowing the true def there’s no way in fuck I can answer your question.
sx =/= sex but it can include sex. It's about the drive for deep intimacy.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I thought it was 'common knowledge' (or should be) that sx has little or nothing to do with sexuality or the actual act of sex. I was under the impression from everything I've read on instincts that sx is more about intensity/obsessiveness/more choosy focus when it comes to anything; could be hobbies, friends, jobs, whatever. 'Diving deep' in more focused manners with whatever or whomever one is drawn to.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is a good question MQ. But as you know I’m older and I think missed the wave on this every-kind-of-sexuals-you-can-imagine thing and subsequently am ignorant in this regard. I’m likewise frustrated by the fact that I can’t seem to find a definitive answer on these. For example...am I a demi-sexual? idfk. And it all hinders on one word that appears in half the descriptions and is missing from the rest. And it makes a big fucking difference so who the fuck is in charge of this as I have some criticism to dish out...

The latter is the correct definition of Demisexual. The default for most people is to just want to fuck at first sight.