• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Instincts and faces

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I second that. May have Sx on the 6 - that coy/demure look of drawing one in with the allure of mystery, where's actually none but a labyrinth of red herrings. I'd say So/Sx 6 ; Sx-firsts are rather seekers.

A social 6 is probably one of the weirder typing suggestions I've ever gotten.

The social 6 is highly concerned with identifying authority figures of the group, as well as the established rules of the group. They are the poster child for duty.

I am the least dutiful person I know, to the point where I am conscious of my desire to not serve/follow/be responsible for others. I don't want others to rely on me, and I don't want to rely on others, but I also secretly crave being somewhat spoiled in terms of day-to-day basic needs (I like having a partner who enjoys cooking, cleaning, and constantly reminding me to do shit I forget to do).

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

The social 6 is highly concerned with identifying authority figures of the group, as well as the established rules of the group. They are the poster child for duty.

I am the least dutiful person I know, to the point where I am conscious of my desire to not serve/follow/be responsible for others. I don't want others to rely on me, and I don't want to rely on others, but I also secretly crave being somewhat spoiled in terms of day-to-day basic needs (I like having a partner who enjoys cooking, cleaning, and constantly reminding me to do shit I forget to do).

How would you describe a self-preservation 6?

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Oh, I remember you. Connecting that photo with the ones I've recently commented on, I'd say you may be right about not being So/Sx 6; however, I got the impression of So/Sx also from the avatar you had at that time. It was a godly hand jilling off a cosmic vagina. Now that's more playful and brazen, than the overall grittiness/sombre/sinister/survivalist nature associated to Sx/Sp. I've also noticed that you regularly change avatars - it suggests an image concern towards possible spectators. Add to that the selfie that reproduced the currently popular "thighs POV shot" and your 4w5 appears to have Social/conformist qualities.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Oh, I remember you. Connecting that photo with the ones I've recently commented on, I'd say you may be right about not being So/Sx 6; however, I got the impression of So/Sx also from the avatar you had at that time. It was a godly hand jilling off a cosmic vagina. Now that's more playful and brazen, than the overall grittiness/sombre/sinister/survivalist nature associated to Sx/Sp. I've also noticed that you regularly change avatars - it suggests an image concern towards possible spectators. Add to that the selfie that reproduced the currently popular "thighs POV shot" and your 4w5 appears to have Social/conformist qualities.

Sx/So is often suggested for me. I'll come back to this when I have more time.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think I actually look sp/sx.

But Im not that Im pretty sure

I dont smile like the so doms. I just dont.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've seen that link, it seems that:

- so firsts have wide and friendly eyes
- sp firsts have alert eyes
- sx firsts have smoldering eyes.

Depending on the second instinct the intensity of what I have mentioned above changes. Like sx/so have smoldering eyes but softened by the social friendliness or whatever. If it makes sense.
my eyes are friendly and alert :)

one person told me they're smoldering . . . I don't think so lol

Sp: dispasionate eyes
So: wide opened eyes
Sx: bright eyes

my eyes are wide yet dispassionate :)

Sp sx have a more let's dance look
Sx so have a more let's have some fun look
Sp so have a more let's go team look
I could see myself being "let's go team" :)

They all looked sp-first.

Use this:

Stack Examples By Photo

It's brand spankin' NEW!
I could see myself being 9w1 so/sp

Thank you for the link. :)

Umm I'm not sure if my response to senza seemed super final or something but I'm getting reps which is cool but no one has to feel like they can't respond in-thread to me. The images...

sp/so sx/sp so/sx
so/sp sp/sx sx/so
bottom left, so/sp, I can relate to that. :)

Hmmm...my impressions (let's get ready for some prejudice!):
Men
-------
sp/so - passive, perhaps insecure, "nice", slightly sad/wistful/dreamy
sx/sp - again, the most sultry, a bit disdainful or into himself
so/sx - again, warmest, but here a little more "fake" and strained than the woman
so/sp - more sincere & relaxed warmth, but also more contained and calm, more alert than sp/so
sp/sx - stereotypical "man of few words", looks contained/unaffected, "blank"
sx/so - slightly smug and a tad vain, mix of tentative and confident
sincere, relaxed, warm, contained, calm, alert - yes I'm so/sp :)

Last edited:

punkermit

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinct variants are becoming the most fascinating part of typology for me at the moment. They really seem to operate at a lower level than cognitive functions, more subconscious and more primal. That's why they are called instincts, right? :)

Once I read about every link I could find and had an epiphany moment (Ni + Ti + Si) it suddenly became crystal clear to me that I am a SP/SO, the most common type. I may still question my Enneagram type and MBTI type and I am now very certain about my instinct variant stacking. I only wonder if a 6w7 sp/so ENFP is that common, but I think overall we are common enough. I have always felt I am pretty mainstream, never an outcast irl. The girl next door.

And it is amazing how when I look at the SX/SO compositions especially the man (the woman has her lips and teeth blurred therefore hard to say) I immediately get a strong sense of distrust. That's the type of men I stay away from, and I have no doubt they find me boring and stuck up, plus a slew of other things. Totally objective, of course! :smile:

I have always said many times I am one of those fortunate girls who just naturally like "nice guys" and now I can see what I call "nice guys" are fellow SP/SO's, just like me. No wonder! :D In fact, I will go as far as saying compatibility in instinct variants may very well play a bigger part in relationships than Enneatypes or MB types.

From this I appear like a variation of the sx/sp and so/sx. When I smile though, I tend to have the toothy grin after being told countless times to smile with my teeth showing from my sp/so mother. I try to downplay it now though because I hate it.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
a quick comparison to those would land me on sp/sx (as opposed to sx/sp i consider myself to be)... i can see how a face in motion might be limitedly useful for typing, but a still frame seems like a waste...

post script:
i do think i was sp/sx in the past... maybe my face settled into that as default "neutral"... even more likely, this is a load of shit...

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have noticed that the sx first celebs and people that I suspect to be sx first tend to have intense eyes.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I look sp/sx at rest. I have a pretty focused stare but I wouldn't say it's intense enough for sx/sp.

I don't think I look like any of the composites with so in their stack though. They all seem like they're facing outward in some way and at the most, open. I think I look like I'm facing inward in some way and closed. There is none of that soft, taking the harsh edge off things for the people aspect to my face imo. And it must be pretty potent since I have soft and conventionally vulnerable looking features (large eyes, button nose, rounded face, etc) that should lend themselves most naturally to soft, open expressions. That is, somehow it overrides those things. I think that must be the external tell that my brain is inside this body, my expressions.

Of course, my psychology has taken on a markedly heavier tinge beginning at 20 years old which I can't dismiss.

Starry

I think I look sp/sx at rest. I have a pretty focused stare but I wouldn't say it's intense enough for sx/sp.

I don't think I look like any of the composites with so in their stack though. They all seem like they're facing outward in some way and at the most, open. I think I look like I'm facing inward in some way and closed. There is none of that soft, taking the harsh edge off things for the people aspect to my face imo. And it must be pretty potent since I have soft and conventionally vulnerable looking features (large eyes, button nose, rounded face, etc) that should lend themselves most naturally to soft, open expressions. That is, somehow it overrides those things. I think that must be the external tell that my brain is inside this body, my expressions.

Of course, my psychology has taken on a markedly heavier tinge beginning at 20 years old which I can't dismiss.

To me...it really doesn’t get much more sx/sp than this stare. You don’t have the “I’m charming as fuck and am coming to devour you” sx/so infinity stare...but it’s not the “am I looking at you or am I not? can’t really tell can you...” what am I doing sp/sx stare.

There’s go-stop in your eyes for sure.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Everything about this image is a lie because I am old and crusty and self-conscious. Also, my eyebrows are super drawn on.

Did you ever hear that story about Peter not being an image type whose sense of worth is determined by her perception of how others perceive her? It doesn't end well because the storyteller fucking sucks.

I've had .5 too many drinks and my self-deprecating jokes are getting out of hand, so I bid you adieu and leave you with (believe it or not) the one photo that made it out of a cut of like 20. I tried smiling and I looked super 12 years old and didn't like it, so this is what you get.

Don't comfort or compliment me, just gimme your instinctual guesses.

P.S. Do I look super Ni, or am I just too wined right now to know better? (was not wined at time of photo)

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
To me...it really doesn’t get much more sx/sp than this stare. You don’t have the “I’m charming as fuck and am coming to devour you” sx/so infinity stare...but it’s not the “am I looking at you or am I not? can’t really tell can you...” what am I doing sp/sx stare.

There’s go-stop in your eyes for sure.

Starry. I'm covered in toy poodles and they are licking me. Soon there will be toy poodles as far as the eye can see and you can't stop it.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

P.S. Do I look super Ni, or am I just too wined right now to know better? (was not wined at time of photo)

I'd have guessed sx/sp. sp due to the guarded feel I'm getting from it, but sx first because the intensity still wins out.
Probably why you look Ni, what with Ni having piercing eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

And according to Kierva's post I'd be so/sp or sp/so. Wide, friendly, alert eyes.