Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Hmmm...my impressions (let's get ready for some prejudice!):

Women
    --------
    so/sp - calm & contained, but friendly and inviting
    sx/sp - the most "sultry" and possibly temperamental
    so/sx - the most friendly, outgoing, upbeat, seems mostly sincere
    so/sp - something nervous, friendly out of nervousness, a bit strained
    sp/sx- the most blank, not as overtly temperamental as sx/sp, but a bit pouty
    sx/so - like a hyaena baring its teeth (seriously), smiling but almost predatory or hostile, perhaps a catty type

Men
    -------
    sp/so - passive, perhaps insecure, "nice", slightly sad/wistful/dreamy
    sx/sp - again, the most sultry, a bit disdainful or into himself
    so/sx - again, warmest, but here a little more "fake" and strained than the woman
    so/sp - more sincere & relaxed warmth, but also more contained and calm, more alert than sp/so
    sp/sx - stereotypical "man of few words", looks contained/unaffected, "blank"
    sx/so - slightly smug and a tad vain, mix of tentative and confident

----

Since I mostly can just go on reactions from others & photos of myself (since looking in the mirror we often make faces; not that posing doesn't happen for photos too), then I might be closer to sx/sp in my physical impression. I think I look blank, but people often think I am temperamental/snotty, and when I smile it can have that hostile hyaena look (like the sx/so). But when I am relaxed and happy, then I can look soft/dreamy like the sp/so. In photos I tend to look dreamy or a bit blank & pouty. IDK, sp/sx is probably the best fit still.
    The part I'm curious about is the syn/contra flow affinity, without imagery - ie, just from personality interaction online - correlation with the composites
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Human Grumpy Cat Array senza tema's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Of the male composites...based on physical appearance alone...the only two that don't cause me anxiety to look into their eyes are the sx-doms. I mean, I do find them the most attractive but physical attractiveness is so far down on my list of what attracts me I can't even tell you. What attracts me to them is something in the eyes that makes me feel whole...like this is where I belong. I forget how different sxness is though...and how there are degrees of sexual dominance to be taken into consideration.
    Oh yeah arresting doesn't necessarily mean comfortable for me. Rather, the inaccessibility of sp/sx eyes is like a gauntlet being thrown down.
    Likes Starry liked this post

Be Concerned - TØP Array themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx

Yeah, I definitely look the most like so/sx here.
    I don't mean to pry, but why would you even make the eyes?

2 or 3/6w7/9w1
    Likes Starry liked this post

Immanentize the Eschaton Array Starry's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Oh yeah arresting doesn't necessarily mean comfortable for me. Rather, the inaccessibility of sp/sx eyes is like a gauntlet being thrown down.

I actually went back and read what I wrote earlier in this thread and rerecalled that at one point in time I found a sp/sx arresting to the point of feeling a bit like I'm in cardiac arrest right now. I'm just getting older and want to feel understood.
    Through every forest, above the trees
    Within my stomach, scraped off my knees
    I drink the honey inside your hive
    You are the reason I stay alive
    Likes senza tema liked this post

I actually went back and read what I wrote earlier in this thread and rerecalled that at one point in time I found a sp/sx arresting to the point of feeling a bit like I'm in cardiac arrest right now. I'm just getting older and want to feel understood.
    don't we all
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.
    Likes cascadeco, Masokissed, Starry, ESFJ liked this post

Don't Dream It, Be It Array Masokissed's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Se

It was a few years back but X and I were wondering if it was unusual to be attracted to your own dominant instinct...do you know?
    Nah. I'm strongly attracted to other sx. But none of the people I've been with were sx. I like to dominate and it's easiest with sp, IMO (so might just find it weird).

Why separate it by sex? I'm male but relate to the female description you put of sx/so over "mine". Why are there even pictures based on sex?

We shall not cease from exploration
    And the end of all our exploring
    Will be to arrive where we started
    And know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot

Likes senza tema liked this post

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Masokissed View Post
    Why separate it by sex? I'm male but relate to the female description you put of sx/so over "mine". Why are there even pictures based on sex?
    I was just responding to each picture, and they were grouped by sex, so I went with it. I do think people will interpret male/female faces differently, so I think there is validity in the separation. I was not thinking of that when I responded though.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive
    Likes Masokissed liked this post

Immanentize the Eschaton Array Starry's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Masokissed View Post
    Nah. I'm strongly attracted to other sx. But none of the people I've been with were sx. I like to dominate and it's easiest with sp, IMO (so might just find it weird).
    Oh see that's super interesting to me because power imbalances cause me anxiety in relationships as well. And before I get Crabs or some other fuck coming on here to inform me that *men and women are not physically equal* (no shit Shitlock)... equality exists and it is a must have in a relationship for me.
    Through every forest, above the trees
    Within my stomach, scraped off my knees
    I drink the honey inside your hive
    You are the reason I stay alive
    Likes Masokissed, themightyfetus liked this post

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    The part I'm curious about is the syn/contra flow affinity, without imagery - ie, just from personality interaction online - correlation with the composites
    It is clearer for me in the pictures of the women... The contra flow look consistently less approachable. The so/sx is the most friendly, but the strained and nervous feel would be off-putting to many.

With the men, there is an exception with the so/sp, who seems very approachable me, and the so/sx seems a tad strained. The other two contra flow have an arrogant/repellent look. I find the so/sx most attractive, which is who I tend to date.

-----

Unfortunately, I think people read me like what @senza tema describes....like I am throwing down a gauntlet . That's a bit too close to the bone....
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive
    Likes Masokissed, senza tema liked this post

It is clearer for me in the pictures of the women... The contra flow look consistently less approachable. The so/sx is the most friendly, but the strained and nervous feel would be off-putting to many.

With the men, there is an exception with the so/sp, who seems very approachable me, and the so/sx seems a tad strained. The other two contra flow have an arrogant/repellent look. I find the so/sx most attractive, which is who I tend to date.

-----

Unfortunately, I think people read me like what @senza tema describes....like I am throwing down a gauntlet . That's a bit too close to the bone....
    Isn't the whole point of the theory based on a flow segmentation, ie syn flow attracted to syn flow and same with contra flow? If you identify as sp/sx then so/sx is on the opposite flow?

My point is that composites only represent one side of the theory, that is, the visual, but if it's to hold water, then there should be the same attraction/affinity without the visual component. Online (not visual/photo sharing) interaction between types should then be able to provide some data to support this.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast