User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i love the concept of this...but i don't think i can type music

what your thoughts on some of these?

grr...i can't find most of what i want on you tube but i like a lot of dark twisty grungy beats too
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Your "reasoning" seems to be "I like music, so I must be an Sp/Sx".
    But could you do it for a living? Could you create intense music or be intense on stage? Could you be intense and outwardly sexual in your personal life? That's another story.
    What is this thread trying to answer? Is this thread 'typing' the Music itself? Is it typing the musicians who create the music? Is it trying to state what actual listeners would be drawn to, based on their own preferences? Is all of the above supposed to line up?

Other posters were chiming in based on the music they liked, saying it lined up with their own preferences.

I chimed in, saying I am very drawn to the sp/sx music. So, am I therefore sp/sx, if I don't like "sp/so music"? Or... what's the point of this thread?

And per my first post, I still think music is an outlet for intensity, so no, I don't buy that an sp/so wouldn't be able to perform on stage and have that component to their personality.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I don't mean to be an ass, but seriously, if this would actually be a credible way to type someone, then I'm definitely sp/sx. I've been giving thought to this recently, and for other reasons am starting to believe this might be the case (but don't want to get into that here).

But, to be fair to all of the sp/so's / so/sp's out there, I find it highly unlikely they all like uninspiring, bland pop music (or would all dislike the music listed thus far in this thread). I'd also love to know whether people just tend to stereotype musicians as sx doms/auxs, by virtue of them creating music, when in reality there could be many sp/so musicians out there. Again, not trying to be an ass, this just truly doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
    I have a friend who is definitely either sp/so or so/sp. she really like country music, folk, Motown, 60's pop and top 40 pop hits. We talked about it one time and she likes songs with a strong
    Narrative. So muddled lyrics or ambiguity, that you get in other generes, don't really appeal to her.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I have a friend who is definitely either sp/so or so/sp. she really like country music, folk, Motown, 60's pop and top 40 pop hits. We talked about it one time and she likes songs with a strong
    Narrative. So muddled lyrics or ambiguity, that you get in other generes, don't really appeal to her.
    yeah.. I mean, my sp/so mom is similar; in fact, I'd say she isn't much into music at all (but, it's going out on a huge limb for me to say she's not into music *because* of the sp/so thing... I mean, there are so many other aspects to her personality that could play into that). I still think it's a huge stretch to apply it to 1/3 of people out there, though. And it seems very... suspect... to type off of music taste alone. But that's part of my point: like I said, I'm sp/sx then.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

I've seen a couple of compilations of instinct music. This one is from enneagram institute and another smaller one here. There is a whole lot of sx music around but very little for sp/so or so/sp.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I don't mean to be an ass, but seriously, if this would actually be a credible way to type someone, then I'm definitely sp/sx. I've been giving thought to this recently, and for other reasons am starting to believe this might be the case (but don't want to get into that here).
    But, to be fair to all of the sp/so's / so/sp's out there, I find it highly unlikely they all like uninspiring, bland pop music (or would all dislike the music listed thus far in this thread). I'd also love to know whether people just tend to stereotype musicians as sx doms/auxs, by virtue of them creating music, when in reality there could be many sp/so musicians out there. Again, not trying to be an ass, this just truly doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
    when did I ever claim this was a credible means of typing? good grief, when will you people learn? I'm an ENFP
    unless I say something is credible it is a loose, hypothetical correlation/pattern that I felt compelled to bring up and likely has no actual evidence to back it up

hope that clears things up for you in the future
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Your "reasoning" seems to be "I like music, so I must be an Sp/Sx". But could you do it for a living? Could you create intense music or be intense on stage? Could you be intense and outwardly sexual in your personal life? That's another story.
    I could, and I'm Sp/Sx
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Lady X
    seems Sx/Sp or Sx/So (probably Sx/Sp, your tastes are more subdued
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

[YOUTUBE="YCjspyo-_aI"]Base[/YOUTUBE]

I picked one. I like blues, blues rock, rock, stoner rock. But here is one I picked to represent my taste and style.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @Lady X
    seems Sx/Sp or Sx/So (probably Sx/Sp, your tastes are more subdued
    You think? It's from the vibe? The feeling it evokes? I can see that. Interesting... I do like some darker twistier stuff but just couldn't find what I meant online.

But I also like some lighter happier stuff but now that I think about it it's sort of manic light like grandmas off her rocker light. So maybe not quite the same there's still an element of intensity to it.

And I like some heart wrenching singer songwriter stuff... It's probably sx sp ish too maybe I don't know very interesting to me. I want more music samples!

Thanks sir elfboy!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison