• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Sx/Sp and Sp/Sx Considered "Dark"?

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Several posters here and on other forums have described Sx/Sp and Sp/Sx as dark, intense, and sensual. I can understand "sensual" and "intense", but what do they mean by "dark"?

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Among those posters, I read this many times from [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION].

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
What they mean by dark is probably that sx doms, in particular, can come across as having a "threatening" presence. By threatening one could just mean socially threatening, that they have big personalities, and may be notorious - known by many, but loved and hated in equal measure, not necessarily entirely well-liked for being such a socially acceptable person.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
See its this stuff that make me wonder if I am sx/so instead.

Why is this so hard to figure out!!!

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suspect we have a bigger tendency to develop peculiar moral codes, as our social instinct isn't very developed. Not necessarily a good or bad thing.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

The one thing I'm sure of is being an sx dom. However, someone around here who specializes in enneagram seems to think I'm more so than sp, like he even said so/sx, but I know for a fact that's not true, it would either be sx/so or sx/sp.

I think I'm sx/sp because I bite back on people so hard and am so protective of my own space.

What do you think you are now? so/sx?

EDIT: NVM. You're saying you think you're sx/sp, and you don't think you're "dark" enough to be.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

you are a 7w6 (though, I am too lol), so you're likely not going to be that dark (though I think you're fairly dark for a 7w6)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, watch Lord Elfboy, he adores it when things are "Badass" for effect.

being bad ass is certainly a plus, but it doesn't have much to do with it. darkness is just more my style

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
you are a 7w6 (though, I am too lol), so you're likely not going to be that dark (though I think you're fairly dark for a 7w6)

Lady X seems very light to me.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
light, but not light for a 7w6

No, you and simulated world aren't light for 7w6.

She's VERY light for 7w6, like the quintessential ENFP.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, you and simulated world aren't light for 7w6.
you can thank my 1 and 3w4 fixes for that lol

She's VERY light for 7w6, like the quintessential ENFP.
she's more intense and has more of a subtle "fuck you" factor than most 7w6s

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
you can thank my 1 and 3w4 fixes for that lol

she's more intense and has more of a subtle "fuck you" factor than most 7w6s

I don't know man but I think she's one of the lightest people on this site.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Several posters here and on other forums have described Sx/Sp and Sp/Sx as dark, intense, and sensual. I can understand "sensual" and "intense", but what do they mean by "dark"?
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqzI_euZOhM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqzI_euZOhM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrLvlCHWsgo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrLvlCHWsgo[/YOUTUBE]

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Hey wtf!? Haha :laugh:

I read the so description and don't relate.. At all and it feels like the reason is just because I'm too fi but! My infp bf is fi Dom and so Dom and I can see how that plays out and don't relate. I relate to a lot of sp stuff but not the bit where it says the sx sp it conflicted I don't feel conflicted and I don't feel dark or overly intense and I'm the furthest from threatening.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Oh, I'm dark, baby. Way dark. ;)

Ok, seriously now.

My best explanation is that when compared with the so-secondary crowd, we are a lot "darker" and more raw. Sx/So's have a greater need to be seen and accepted, so their expressions of sexuality are more in keeping with accepted norms. They're also more overt with their sex appeal. They have big, bright, bold energy that seems to say, "Look at me! Look at me!". When they're really on, they're charismatic, dazzling, and virtually irresistible.

Self-preservation second frames things a little bit differently for an Sx/Sp. Issues of connection and intimacy take on a more urgent and visceral connotation. We prioritize our sx needs above everything else, and there's really no external moderating influence to speak of. At my core there is just this hunger, this need, for more, more, more. Like a fire within me that I wish I could feed until it consumed me altogether.

I think this is why we are perceived to be "dark". We are deeply in touch with those things about ourselves that are not exactly civilized or polite, and we revel in them. We smolder with them. But we take an equal delight in the uncivilized things in others. We want that nasty. That realness. People can sense it, they aren't comfortable with it, so they put a label on it. Who knows, though? Maybe we are fucked up lol.

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Well --- my "darkness" is probably not sx/sp related as much as it is w4 and 5-fix related. I've always had a fascination for macabre, drawn to the dark and have a stronger emotional core complete with facets, moods and feelings that I can seemingly call at will and express. Plus I've had several traumas in my past for added effect. The closest I've come to explaining those aspects is this:

sx/sp - This subtype can appear almost Four-like. They can be dramatic and appear introspective, especially with the Four wing. There is an on and off quality to these Threes. They can be very emotional and then become very business like. It’s not uncommon to find this subtype in the arts, especially as actors, singers or performers. The outward sexual energy coupled with the secondary self-pres energy can cause these Threes to focus on projecting an image of themselves to the world. They will seek validation in the area of their persona. This type especially wrestles with the authenticity of the persona/image they create. On the one hand, the image protects the real self, but at the same time they hate the image they project. This subtype is likely to be in a constant state of flux when it comes to the image they project and for this reason, they run the risk of burn-out and disillusionment. They are more prone to depression than the other subtypes.

When healthier, these Threes begin to trust their intimate relationships, and begin to disentangle the real self from the flux of partial identities they create. They learn that being vulnerable is necessary if they are to get what they really want, which is to reveal the real self and trust that they are lovable even with their flaws.

Therefore, the darkness I project is part of one of my images -- I hate the image of darkness that I project and I love it at the same time, because it gets me some of the higher level/high intensity experiences. I will sit there sometimes and willingly expose myself to images with blood and allow the experience to wash over me --- and after some time, I start longing for that experience again. The thing is that it's restricted to art and artistic expression only. Real blood / real injuries disgust me and I would never expose myself to real blood and real injuries.

The sx/sp aspect of that is that I LOVE to use those elements of my past to create a story of my life and express it in terms that either push people away or draw them in.

Therefore, my guess is that not all sx/sp types of all E-Types would be dark and brooding. Most likely the sx/sps in the 3, 4, and 5 would have more of the darker aspects.

Mia.

<--------- Exhibit A: roses aren't supposed to be black.