User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Also: if that whole sx/sp description isn't a bit "dark" or at least a bit "brooding," then I don't know what is. Internally conflicted? Yearning for a missing piece? Restless and torn?
    Well, 2 out of 3 describe me, but I'm sp/sx, not sx/sp. The OP referenced both stackings, but I haven't seen a good comparison of the two yet. How much changes when the stacking is reversed??
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Well, 2 out of 3 describe me, but I'm sp/sx, not sx/sp. The OP referenced both stackings, but I haven't seen a good comparison of the two yet. How much changes when the stacking is reversed??
    I don't think the sense of urgency to find that 'missing piece' is the same for the sp/sx, which is what I am. It is there and surfaces time to time, but I can go on without that desperate craving for quite a while as long as I tend to my own personal goals and needs. Sx energy is pretty distinct and can be intimidating to a lot of people who feel its force of presence. Being sx secondary allows me to tuck it away much more easily and I appear to be one of the least threatening and intimidating people out there. I have a grounded energy, as far as 6w7 and ENFP goes, anyway. I prefer to think of myself as internally intense, but it doesn't mean I can't be "light" either.

As far as "darkness" goes, I do feel I possess it and have a strong attachment to that side of my personality, but I don't immediately send off that vibe. I'm glad I don't. Most wouldn't detect that from me. Warm smiles and giggles from me. I come off very friendly and accepting, a little bit reserved to those I'm unfamiliar with. Being sp dominant makes me prioritize protection of the self first so I'm always weary who I let in.

So as much as I like to think of myself as dark and intense and whatnot, it's not exactly the first thing people have to say about me xD But, that's fine by me. It just means I can reserve it for just me and whoever I feel compelled to show.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

you know...yeah. i totally relate to that. i can see how that applies to me.

sx sp yep
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Oh, I'm dark, baby. Way dark.

Ok, seriously now.

My best explanation is that when compared with the so-secondary crowd, we are a lot "darker" and more raw. Sx/So's have a greater need to be seen and accepted, so their expressions of sexuality are more in keeping with accepted norms. They're also more overt with their sex appeal. They have big, bright, bold energy that seems to say, "Look at me! Look at me!". When they're really on, they're charismatic, dazzling, and virtually irresistible.

Self-preservation second frames things a little bit differently for an Sx/Sp. Issues of connection and intimacy take on a more urgent and visceral connotation. We prioritize our sx needs above everything else, and there's really no external moderating influence to speak of. At my core there is just this hunger, this need, for more, more, more. Like a fire within me that I wish I could feed until it consumed me altogether.

I think this is why we are perceived to be "dark". We are deeply in touch with those things about ourselves that are not exactly civilized or polite, and we revel in them. We smolder with them. But we take an equal delight in the uncivilized things in others. We want that nasty. That realness. People can sense it, they aren't comfortable with it, so they put a label on it. Who knows, though? Maybe we are fucked up lol.
    The important thing to remember is to keep it off of others. Because if the darkness comes out into the light of day, then there are consequences to deal with for a long time.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i think in terms of sp/sx versus sx/sp, you're going to see a huge "temperature" difference. it's like sp is self-contained, sx reaches outwards, and so opens up. in neutral-negative terms, sp is inert; sx is aggressive; so is passive.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i think in terms of sp/sx versus sx/sp, you're going to see a huge "temperature" difference. it's like sp is self-contained, sx reaches outwards, and so opens up. in neutral-negative terms, sp is inert; sx is aggressive; so is passive.
    In math terms, -1+1 = 0.

I don't think so.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Sx/Sp and Sp/Sx are considered more "dark" because their focus is much more narrow and, frankly, they probably aren't going to pay much attention to you unless you are somehow significant to them. the focus of the instinct variants is
    So: the social group, what's going on around them (several people)
    Sp: me (1 person)
    Sx: my significant other or interest (1 person or thing)

so if you have both Sp (1 person) and Sx (1 person or thing), you tend to be much more closed off to 99% of the world.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    In math terms, -1+1 = 0.

I don't think so.
    except it's more like -1 + (.5)(1) = -.5 since the primary variant will always have a stronger drive than the secondary. the primary drive is almost like a compulsion... you can't help but do it. even the most self-contained of sx/sp will still be reaching outwards to satisfy their needs at some level since you prioritize ensuring connection over ensuring self-sufficiency, and even the most outgoing of sp/sx will still be maintaining their boundaries to satisfy their needs at some level since they prioritize ensuring self-sufficiency over ensuring connection.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    How do you think the two (sp/sx vs. sx/sp) compare in terms of the idea of darkness referenced in the OP?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Sx/Sp and Sp/Sx are considered more "dark" because their focus is much more narrow and, frankly, they probably aren't going to pay much attention to you unless you are somehow significant to them. the focus of the instinct variants is
    So: the social group, what's going on around them (several people)
    Sp: me (1 person)
    Sx: my significant other or interest (1 person or thing)

so if you have both Sp (1 person) and Sx (1 person or thing), you tend to be much more closed off to 99% of the world.
    Yes agreed.

I seek out intensity and if it's not present I just turn to whatever ideas or projects that I'm consumed with.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison