• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Two types of Sx doms

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no, not I'm talking about Sx/Sp vs Sx/So.

basically, I've noticed there are two types of Sx doms

A) pair bonding, monogamous, searching for "true love". basically, all that sappy romance novel stuff
B) wild, intensity junky, promiscuous, "sex drugs and rock and roll"

what do you think?

EDIT:
- I think the first type tend to be 2s, 4s and 9s while the second type tend to be 3s, 6s, 7s and 8s
- also, this isn't a black and white categorization. there are plenty of Sx doms somewhere in the middle, but, at the very least, this seems to be an easily noticeable spectrum.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
deleted due to foot in mouth disease

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh ok :D

Carry on :D

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh ok :D
Carry on :D

I was actually thinking of mentioning you as an example of the first category, with [MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION] being a good example of the second.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:ninja:

Lemme delete my first comment then.

...remove my quote..please? :blush:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:ninja:
Lemme delete my first comment then.
...remove my quote..please? :blush:

done
PS: do you have a thread on whether you're INFP or ENFP?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tnx :D

And no..I don't....should I?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*waits for every sx female to claim they don't belong to the second category*

Last edited:

Etherea

MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
Can't say I'm an authority on this, but [MENTION=14235]Phoenix[/MENTION] is sx/sp type 3w4 and he belongs to the first category much more than the second. Needs moar info to determine if it's a valid statement or not, though it sounds fairly accurate.

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can't say I'm an authority on this, but [MENTION=14235]Phoenix[/MENTION] is sx/sp type 3w4 and he belongs to the first category much more than the second. Needs moar info to determine if it's a valid statement or not, though it sounds fairly accurate.

I'm a bit of both ..... I let go of much of the B) kinds of behaviours because of cultural reasons and partly because of my disability. But the need and desire for high intensity and even hedonistic experiences is almost inherent to me .... I just control it out of respect for my parents and their image.

Mia.

A) pair bonding, monogamous, searching for "true love". basically, all that sappy romance novel stuff

what do you think?

EDIT:
- I think the first type tend to be 2s, 4s and 9s while the second type tend to be 3s, 6s, 7s and 8s
- also, this isn't a black and white categorization. there are plenty of Sx doms somewhere in the middle, but, at the very least, this seems to be an easily noticeable spectrum.

I can see the pattern, yes, but one of my “values” in life is my belief that they are made to be one and the same thing/are not to be mutually exclusive. I think they are meant to be united – that true love should be wild and passionate and full of intense experiences and pleasure. I see the relationship with one’s mate as the ultimate and intended vehicle for living out and experiencing the intensity and range of life experiences, and in reality, the only vehicle that can be used for accessing the most intense experiences life has to offer because that was the design. Who better than one’s partner and soulmate to help one explore the great experiment and party that is life?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can see the pattern, yes, but one of my “values” in life is my belief that they are made to be one and the same thing/are not to be mutually exclusive. I think they are meant to be united – that true love should be wild and passionate and full of intense experiences and pleasure. I see the relationship with one’s mate as the ultimate and intended vehicle for living out and experiencing the intensity and range of life experiences, and in reality, the only vehicle that can be used for accessing the most intense experiences life has to offer because that was the design. Who better than one’s partner and soulmate to help one explore the great experiment and party that is life?

you sound like a 7 fixer. just sayin

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think they are meant to be united – that true love should be wild and passionate and full of intense experiences and pleasure. I see the relationship with one’s mate as the ultimate and intended vehicle for living out and experiencing the intensity and range of life experiences, and in reality, the only vehicle that can be used for accessing the most intense experiences life has to offer because that was the design. Who better than one’s partner and soulmate to help one explore the great experiment and party that is life?

Yeah, I agree with this concept. I think you can live out a life of intensity alone, and I have more complex feelings about mates being by design or not than is useful to go into here, but I do believe that having a constant romantic partner gives you an opportunity for longer, deeper, more complex bonding than almost any other scenario. I am also very much an idealist, and I do have a rosy view of romance that I really can't deny. There is something infinitely beautiful and biologically right about two humans coming together in a synthesis of being to create more than what they are alone, both philosophically and in terms of physically creating (or nurturing) new life.

Personally, I am sx-dom, and I do have an addictive personality, which I believe is very intimately tied to the sx-first nature, but I am not a fast-paced person and I generally dislike abrupt intensity. And, being NF, I live out a lot of my fantasies in my head moreso than I'm inclined to seek them in real life - plus, being an enneagram 6, I am generally quite wary and caught in my head - hence lack of real promiscuity or external physical thrill-seeking behavior.

Most of all, I like to linger and prolong safe, deep bonding experiences for as long as possible - this includes breathtaking moments out in nature, intense loving sex, savoring the scents and flavors and textures of foods, comforting sensory experiences such as warm thick blankets and cushy memory foam and even heavy soft sweaters, being immersed in water, and, most of all, deep-tissue massages. I am a "deep sensation" junkie.

So I think the implications of all that for this division is that your romantic leanings versus your impulsive, thrill-seeking behavior - in other words, how sexual instinctual variant dominance manifests - is going to have a lot to do with your enneatype, your cognitive preferences, your second variant, and numerous other external factors. It can easily range all the way from a very conservatively religious INFJ 2w1 sx/so who is all about the romantic bonding side of the sexual instinct to a very hedonistic exhibitionist ESTP 7w8 sx/sp who is all about the thrill-seeking sensation side of the sexual instinct.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

what do you think?

EDIT:

That's not to say A and B can't co-exist in the same person, correct?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been both. What does that mean about me?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's not to say A and B can't co-exist in the same person, correct?

yes, they can have elements of both. it's not a hard fast system, just a general archetypal spectrum

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Actually, I would be curious to hear of manifestations of the sx instinct that are divergent from the romantic or thrill-seeking archetypes.

I do suspect addiction is one of them.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I'm pretty sure I'm both.

It just depends on how much I like the girl I'm talking to.

If a lot... I'll try to pursue a relationship.

If a little... I wont.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
After this past week, I'd say I'm mostly in the A camp, but I do have a flair for the dramatic.