User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Etherea View Post
    Can't say I'm an authority on this, but @Phoenix is sx/sp type 3w4 and he belongs to the first category much more than the second. Needs moar info to determine if it's a valid statement or not, though it sounds fairly accurate.
    I'm a bit of both ..... I let go of much of the B) kinds of behaviours because of cultural reasons and partly because of my disability. But the need and desire for high intensity and even hedonistic experiences is almost inherent to me .... I just control it out of respect for my parents and their image.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    no, not I'm talking about Sx/Sp vs Sx/So.

basically, I've noticed there are two types of Sx doms

A) pair bonding, monogamous, searching for "true love". basically, all that sappy romance novel stuff
    B) wild, intensity junky, promiscuous, "sex drugs and rock and roll"

what do you think?

EDIT:
    - I think the first type tend to be 2s, 4s and 9s while the second type tend to be 3s, 6s, 7s and 8s
    - also, this isn't a black and white categorization. there are plenty of Sx doms somewhere in the middle, but, at the very least, this seems to be an easily noticeable spectrum.
    I can see the pattern, yes, but one of my “values” in life is my belief that they are made to be one and the same thing/are not to be mutually exclusive. I think they are meant to be united – that true love should be wild and passionate and full of intense experiences and pleasure. I see the relationship with one’s mate as the ultimate and intended vehicle for living out and experiencing the intensity and range of life experiences, and in reality, the only vehicle that can be used for accessing the most intense experiences life has to offer because that was the design. Who better than one’s partner and soulmate to help one explore the great experiment and party that is life?

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Mia. View Post
    I can see the pattern, yes, but one of my “values” in life is my belief that they are made to be one and the same thing/are not to be mutually exclusive. I think they are meant to be united – that true love should be wild and passionate and full of intense experiences and pleasure. I see the relationship with one’s mate as the ultimate and intended vehicle for living out and experiencing the intensity and range of life experiences, and in reality, the only vehicle that can be used for accessing the most intense experiences life has to offer because that was the design. Who better than one’s partner and soulmate to help one explore the great experiment and party that is life?
    you sound like a 7 fixer. just sayin
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mia. View Post
    I think they are meant to be united – that true love should be wild and passionate and full of intense experiences and pleasure. I see the relationship with one’s mate as the ultimate and intended vehicle for living out and experiencing the intensity and range of life experiences, and in reality, the only vehicle that can be used for accessing the most intense experiences life has to offer because that was the design. Who better than one’s partner and soulmate to help one explore the great experiment and party that is life?
    Yeah, I agree with this concept. I think you can live out a life of intensity alone, and I have more complex feelings about mates being by design or not than is useful to go into here, but I do believe that having a constant romantic partner gives you an opportunity for longer, deeper, more complex bonding than almost any other scenario. I am also very much an idealist, and I do have a rosy view of romance that I really can't deny. There is something infinitely beautiful and biologically right about two humans coming together in a synthesis of being to create more than what they are alone, both philosophically and in terms of physically creating (or nurturing) new life.

Personally, I am sx-dom, and I do have an addictive personality, which I believe is very intimately tied to the sx-first nature, but I am not a fast-paced person and I generally dislike abrupt intensity. And, being NF, I live out a lot of my fantasies in my head moreso than I'm inclined to seek them in real life - plus, being an enneagram 6, I am generally quite wary and caught in my head - hence lack of real promiscuity or external physical thrill-seeking behavior.

Most of all, I like to linger and prolong safe, deep bonding experiences for as long as possible - this includes breathtaking moments out in nature, intense loving sex, savoring the scents and flavors and textures of foods, comforting sensory experiences such as warm thick blankets and cushy memory foam and even heavy soft sweaters, being immersed in water, and, most of all, deep-tissue massages. I am a "deep sensation" junkie.

So I think the implications of all that for this division is that your romantic leanings versus your impulsive, thrill-seeking behavior - in other words, how sexual instinctual variant dominance manifests - is going to have a lot to do with your enneatype, your cognitive preferences, your second variant, and numerous other external factors. It can easily range all the way from a very conservatively religious INFJ 2w1 sx/so who is all about the romantic bonding side of the sexual instinct to a very hedonistic exhibitionist ESTP 7w8 sx/sp who is all about the thrill-seeking sensation side of the sexual instinct.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

no, not I'm talking about Sx/Sp vs Sx/So.

basically, I've noticed there are two types of Sx doms

A) pair bonding, monogamous, searching for "true love". basically, all that sappy romance novel stuff

what do you think?

EDIT:
    - I think the first type tend to be 2s, 4s and 9s while the second type tend to be 3s, 6s, 7s and 8s
    - also, this isn't a black and white categorization. there are plenty of Sx doms somewhere in the middle, but, at the very least, this seems to be an easily noticeable spectrum.
    That's not to say A and B can't co-exist in the same person, correct?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I've been both. What does that mean about me?
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    That's not to say A and B can't co-exist in the same person, correct?
    yes, they can have elements of both. it's not a hard fast system, just a general archetypal spectrum
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Actually, I would be curious to hear of manifestations of the sx instinct that are divergent from the romantic or thrill-seeking archetypes.

I do suspect addiction is one of them.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm pretty sure I'm both.

It just depends on how much I like the girl I'm talking to.

If a lot... I'll try to pursue a relationship.

If a little... I wont.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

After this past week, I'd say I'm mostly in the A camp, but I do have a flair for the dramatic.