• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Instinctual Stacking and Love Language

What is your Primary Instinctual Variant and Primary Love Language?

• Sx and my primary LL is Gifts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • So and my primary LL is Physical Touch

• So and my primary LL is Gifts

• So and my primary LL is Acts of Service

• Sp and my primary LL is Gifts

• Total voters

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
sp/sx- words, touch, quality time, acts, gifts.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
7w6 Sp/Sx

11 Physical Touch
9 Quality Time
6 Words of Affirmation
2 Acts of Service and Receiving Gifts

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
2w3 so/sp

10 Words of Affirmation
10 Quality Time
0 Receiving Gifts
4 Acts of Service
6 Physical Touch

I like it, I think it works for me. Words are probably more important than time.

ygolo

My termites win
so/sp.

1. Quality Time
2. Physical Touch
3. Acts of Service

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't read much about the instincts, sx/sp seems most accurate from what I know about them. LL has quality time just nudging out physical touch, but they're very close.
However I can't stand physical touch with anyone other than my partner and my son... (and pets!). Almost like it's too intense for me to take with other people, this huge clashing invasion. Cymbals, thunder... I've gotten better at controlling it, but mostly I just avoid. A small brush of the hand when someone passes me something, used to send electricity flying through me, my heart accelerating, breath caught. Didn't matter who it was. Well it still does this, but I've learned to subdue it somewhat. It can make me quite nervous about social encounters. If someone touches me I just can't even think... almost like I'm not wholly myself anymore. I don't know it's hard to explain.
One time (when I was younger) I had just bought a mug at this shop and the salesman handed it to me over the counter. His fingers brushed mine and the shock of it made me drop the mug. It hit the counter and shattered. For a second I stared at him, wide eyed, then I fled. (wow that is embarrassing to recount)

Of course this probably says more about how messed up I am than anything else :alttongue:

So with everyone else I show love with quality time, and giving little gifts that I think they'd like.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay, finally took this test. I think I'm Sp/So/Sx...

1. Quality Time is highest.
2. Physical Touch second-highest.

After taking this, I still think there is a bias either culturally, or on this forum, or in the writers' choice of words that skews results for everyone away from Acts of Service and Receiving Gifts, statistically. Something seems off.

It seems to vary by mood, too.

I also wonder what you guys make of the fact that the Love Language you like to "receive" is not necessarily the one you like to "give." For instance, I think I like showing other people affection by Acts of Service, and maybe if I were more aware, I could see some subconscious appreciation when I get Acts of Service from other people....but so far, Acts of Service is showing up fourth out of the five languages on this test.

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I also wonder what you guys make of the fact that the Love Language you like to "receive" is not necessarily the one you like to "give." For instance, I think I like showing other people affection by Acts of Service, and maybe if I were more aware, I could see some subconscious appreciation when I get Acts of Service from other people....but so far, Acts of Service is showing up fourth out of the five languages on this test.

My SO and I were having this discussion a few days ago, and realized that our language of giving is different. She prefers to give through touch, closeness and acts of kindness [which is not exactly the same as acts of servitude]. I prefer to give through words of affirmation, quality time and gifts. She prefers quality time and physical touch and I prefer to receive words of affirmation followed by quality time and acts of servitude.

So after analysis of this, we realized that love language of giving of both partners is equally important as love language of receiving. Now we're trying to accommodate each other's language of giving as well trying to understand that without this level of understanding, we'll have longer term problems.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
sp/so

1. Quality Time
2. Physical Touch
3. Words of Affirmation

...in that order.

The former two are almost tied, while WoA lies just a bit further down the road.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sp/Sx. Quality time and acts of service are tied for me. Physical touch is next.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
sx/sp

1. physical touch
2. quality time
3. acts of service

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sx/Sp

6 Words of Affirmation
10 Quality Time
5 Receiving Gifts
1 Acts of Service
8 Physical Touch

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
sp/sx
7 Words of Affirmation
12 Quality Time
3 Receiving Gifts
7 Acts of Service
1 Physical Touch

madhatter

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
sp/so

1) Quality Time
2) Acts of Service
3) Receiving Gifts

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sx/So

1) Quality Time ≈ 2) Physical Touch
3) Words of Affirmation
4) Gifts
5) Acts of Service

It kind of seems to me like Quality Time is kind of a given in a relationship... like... do you really have a relationship if you don't spend quality time together?

Neutralpov

Doesn't it seem that words might have to do with introversion? Don't know where that thought came from but I am extroverted/talkative and prefer words of affirmation? Possibly correlation...

G

Glycerine

1. Quality Time
2. Acts of Service
3. Words of Affirmation
4. Gifts
5. Physical Touch

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Doesn't it seem that words might have to do with introversion? Don't know where that thought came from but I am extroverted/talkative and prefer words of affirmation? Possibly correlation...

not necessarily, for me it's probably more of an insecurity thing where i need to be reassured about their feelings for me pretty often. also, my current istp boyfriend is way better at giving words of affirmation than my esfp ex.

teleforce

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
sp/sx. my two highest are quality time and acts of service.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
5w4 4w5 8w7 sx/sp

8Words of Affirmation
11Quality Time
0Receiving Gifts
7Acts of Service