User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Default Sx means "merging"

Can someone explain this in English? I have heard the phrase a lot lately. "Merging" with people makes some sense (kind of), but it's also applied to things/activities. How does that work?
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

For myself, it's literally this feeling of intense connection. It's unconscious and the feeling also tones down in intensity when I recognize it or give it notice. It's like the flow of the moment was interrupted. A rock thrown into a river.

It's easiest for me to describe it in reference to people and conversation I'm having with them. It also happens with art for me; music, visual art, movies etc. any art that grabs me I will want more of. With people it's almost physical (maybe it is), it's a drawing in of the other person and I find myself never wanting the conversation (if it's interesting) to end.. even after hours and hours. I feel it most when the other person is on the same wavelength and the intensity is drawing them in too, if they're taken aback by it the 'merging' feeling dies, if it was happening at all.

I'll think more on this but now I have to go to work.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    For myself, it's literally this feeling of intense connection. It's unconscious and the feeling also tones down in intensity when I recognize it or give it notice. It's like the flow of the moment was interrupted. A rock thrown into a river.

It's easiest for me to describe it in reference to people and conversation I'm having with them. It also happens with art for me; music, visual art, movies etc. any art that grabs me I will want more of. With people it's almost physical (maybe it is), it's a drawing in of the other person and I find myself never wanting the conversation (if it's interesting) to end.. even after hours and hours. I feel it most when the other person is on the same wavelength and the intensity is drawing them in too, if they're taken aback by it the 'merging' feeling dies, if it was happening at all.

I'll think more on this but now I have to go to work.
    For me, it's as if the flow of time stops, and I just want to consume and experience their entire being F O R E V E R.

EDIT: this is more intense and visceral in private romantic settings though, socially I can generally be quite reserved.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    For me, it's as if the flow of time stops, and I just want to consume and experience their entire being F O R E V E R.
    ))<>((
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think that the whole merging thing has to do with how sx has to do with your own desires, and then commonly you will go out to get them in one way or another. This whole "merging" thing has to do with that, the getting of your desires. An sx person will get so into something that they want, that they will want to basically immerse themselves in it. This can be a person, an interest, etc.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Junior Member UsurpersGonnaUsurp's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

It gets to be extremely painful, especially when you are completely alone.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

it's as tho you're in there with them...like imagine you're just a spirit or a ghost or whatever helps your visual and you walk into them and feel how they feel and who they are from the inside.

or like what lux said with art...it's as tho you have been in that place and that's your memory...or the same with music...

it feels silly to even type that out like it's something others don't experience because it's hard for me to imagine others may not.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

It means having an orgasm with life lol
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

It's like, being "in the zone."

When it comes to things/activities, once you find that something, you attack it, and you keep wanting to attack it until something tells/interrupts you to stop for a moment.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Great word.