User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Another way of looking at it is "hating to be a tourist." In other words, when on a visit to a foreign location, you want to blend into the environment and be able to interact with and observe it just as a local would.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Yes.

It's almost like finding something you like so much that you want to incorporate it into who you are.
    Ooh, okay! These ones were a little easier to understand / relate to. I've done / felt a little bit of these. In contrast, @Saturned's poem paints a good picture of what it's like, but just makes me acutely aware that I don't go that far, and don't feel inclined to. It is poetry, though, and therefore bound to be a little extreme, I guess.

(It isn't as though the whole Sx variant is incomprehensible to me, not at all....Just that the strength with which an Sx-dom feels it is hard for me to grasp. So, trying to gauge this thing.)
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    For me, it's as if the flow of time stops, and I just want to consume and experience their entire being F O R E V E R.
    Same here. It's rare for it to occur with people. It's usually music, pictures, being in certain settings, weather, or even spiritual/state of mind. It feels like more like immersion than merging. Dissolving myself into whatever it is that sparks the connection in the first place. Spontaneous and outside of my conscious control.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Same here. It's rare for it to occur with people. It's usually music, pictures, being in certain settings, weather, or even spiritual/state of mind. It feels like more like immersion than merging. Dissolving myself into whatever it is that sparks the connection in the first place. Spontaneous and outside of my conscious control.
    +1 @ the bolded. Yeah, which makes it more intense and precious when it does happen. Conversely, the lack thereof has a stifling, hindering effect on the overall affinity for immersion, I find.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Another way of looking at it is "hating to be a tourist." In other words, when on a visit to a foreign location, you want to blend into the environment and be able to interact with and observe it just as a local would.
    Yeah, totally. I don't want to feel separate.

The feeling extends into me not really having any affinity for outside observation, short of when learning how to do something, and even then I'd usually rather just dive right in. This winter I had to learn how to give myself belly injections and the nurse asked me if I wanted to watch her do the first one on me. Fuck no, give me that thing. If anyone's injecting stuff into my belly it's going to be me. Though that's probably the e6 playing in, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Yes.

It's almost like finding something you like so much that you want to incorporate it into who you are.
    Yes!

And then you become a beautiful melange of everything that you have been touched by, in the dual sense of mixture and spice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Ooh, okay! These ones were a little easier to understand / relate to. I've done / felt a little bit of these. In contrast, @Saturned's poem paints a good picture of what it's like, but just makes me acutely aware that I don't go that far, and don't feel inclined to. It is poetry, though, and therefore bound to be a little extreme, I guess.

(It isn't as though the whole Sx variant is incomprehensible to me, not at all....Just that the strength with which an Sx-dom feels it is hard for me to grasp. So, trying to gauge this thing.)
    Haha, yes, I can understand how it would be hard to understand. It really is almost akin to sexual drive in the level of need. You simply must fulfill it or you will be quite unsatisfied. Ideal would be immersing yourself in the experience totally, without any "gaps" - like being in an IMAX theater where you can just lose yourself completely in the movie.

I particularly like being with another person who is sp-dom because I can immerse myself completely like that and trust that they are watching out for us.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    It means that you're intense, and you like to experience things deeply and fully, even if it's not intimacy with another human.
    I've never quite fully understood what "merging" meant either, but if that's the case, that is DEFINITELY how I am. I am an obsessive person.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    For me, it's basically that I'm really good at getting addicted to things. I listen to bands obsessively (and I mean hours a day) for months until I have every measure of every song memorized, then get really bored and pick a different band. I also do this with book series, tv shows, theories, websites, drugs, and most of all, people. The rest of the world just gets the volume turned down. Unsurprisingly, I tend to have extremely intense relationships as well.
    Well huh. I do pretty much the same thing. I get intensely interested in one topic/interest/hobby or two, and I spend weeks and even months doing/watching/reading up on that thing obsessively until I burn out on it. So that's an Sx thing, huh?
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    For me, it's basically that I'm really good at getting addicted to things. I listen to bands obsessively (and I mean hours a day) for months until I have every measure of every song memorized, then get really bored and pick a different band. I also do this with book series, tv shows, theories, websites, drugs, and most of all, people. The rest of the world just gets the volume turned down. Unsurprisingly, I tend to have extremely intense relationships as well.
    this is an Sx thing? my Sx instinct must be stronger than I thought
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

You have no idea.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I'm Sx second and for me, Sx is a bit of a double edged sword
    - part of me wants more connection, more intensity, more drama
    - but the other part wants it to stop/wants to reach a plateau where I can finally just be satisfied (but then if I did I'd miss the change of lusting after a person or object of interest)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire