• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts What's Your Instinctual Stacking?

What's your instinctual stacking?

• Total voters

elcie

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
sp/so - sp much greater

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually I'm considering so/sx/sp for my stacking now. I'm probably syn-flow > contra-flow.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Why so many sp/sx and sx/sp folks here?

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This was published at Enneagram Institute instinct event>

"It was mentioned that many people who thought they were soc-last, later find out they are soc-middle or soc-first once they actually understand the instinct. Social instinct is not about "liking to be in groups" or liking to socialize.
"​

Due to misunderstanding of the SO instinct and negative stereotyping as "group-ness", "mindless group think", "herdishness" and shallow socialite behavior, the typers with social instinct in their stacking will type themselves as having it as their last.

Sp/so's prefer to type as sp/sx's due to not understanding the nature of the social instinct (I've made this mistyping of myself).

The so/sp's mistype themselves as sx/sp's and sometimes so/sx's. So/sp's almost never consider so/sp for themselves at first take.

The result is a falsely high number of individuals who type as "social" instinct last, which boosts the sp/sx and sx/sp votes at the expense of others.
And falsely low count of so/sp and sp/so votes.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lol I think I accidentally voted sp/sx. Like I knew I was sp/so, but clicked the wrong type.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
sp/sx

I usually dig deep into these assessments to make sure it's accurate enough.

SodaDrops

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, I agree with [MENTION=10791]sulfit[/MENTION] that many so/sp or sp/so people don't initially type themselves as such. There also seems to be a general bias against social variants (from what I've seen on Tumblr at least) in which sp blind people are considered extremely naive people who don't know how to take care of themselves and sx blind people are dispassionate shells who manipulate "fake friends" for their own benefit.

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Because nowadays we have a thing I call the "introvert fad." That means people don't own up their highly adaptive (aka chaemeleon, spineless) nature, which also equates with being a good team player btw (irony: notice how job criterias mention both the ability of working in teams and working alone as equally important) but instead they want to be individuals. Not copycats, not shallow, cursory banterers but individuals, akin to icons, such as superheroes, Batman, Ironman, whatnot. Because have to be "somebody" regardless of the fact that the way to succeed in life is to comform to the mold, blend in, not to stand out too much, i.e. to compromise. Show me that person who

- admits to compromising their identity, to being a "player,"
- to be going with the flow instead against the grain like a kamikaze (it can only be really done is w/ sacrificing one's health)
- to copying the image, wearing it outside (as a mask, a message intended for the social others) instead of incorporating it in everyday behavior
- and yes, show me the person who'd admit to be passing responsibilities of changing the world into a more honest place for the sake of keeping up their support.

Do you think it's hard? It's because they're all around you. We're all social animals, we have to do these to some extent, only that Sx/Sps, especially when on the unhealthy side will always stick out... with negative reception, mostly. It's hard to point these people out because they're the norm, we're swimming in their presence, they're so close to us, we read their empty, shallow posts, their 1-2 liners, without any real, personal message aimed at your own inner soul-self, but this mass broadcasting of signals that just basically say "look at me! I exist! I also count!" - and we read them and forget there ever was anything more valuable than that.

Don't let the different topic titles fool you! All the typology forums are wasted by this social trash, meaningless back and forth + rarely some real Sx/Sps stirring up some trouble, causing some anarchy because they want to be loved even stronger and they are frustrated of nothing happening.

The real Sx/Sp is the one that everybody hates and is afraid of. Not the one's who wear the insignia, the Batman logo. You know if you wear a T-shirt praising eco-mindfulness, it doesn't mean that you're really for that. There may be some other thousand people who's following the same trend, wearing the same T-shirt who just only want to make some new friends, eat the free food and get laid with the chicks wearing the same T-shirt and then continue dumping shit on streets. Obviously, these things are more important than truly sacrificing yourself for a bigger cause, all until some Sx/Sos come along without and popularize the new values by throwing a big party that is anything but the strict-minded/anal/stickler idealism for the nature but at least kicks of a viral change in the mindset. People can only change if they never feel bad about what they've done. Social subtypes, then, are in the majority, always, but in a sense, their life experience is akin to being tourists on Earth.

enrapture

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The real Sx/Sp is the one that everybody hates and is afraid of.
It's funny because Sx/Sp is actually syn-flow, and this subtype aims for harmony than disruption in society. The Sx/So is actually the "rebellious" one, as it's a contra-flow subtype. :D

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's funny because Sx/Sp is actually syn-flow, and this subtype aims for harmony than disruption in society. The Sx/So is actually the "rebellious" one, as it's a contra-flow subtype. :D

Yea, it's funny because it aims for harmony and stuff concurrently with being rebellious against constraints, idealizing freedom,
ironically they can also be extremely insistent and aggressive on issues they feel strongly about, which they go on in the soc realms in ways that will cause stronger soc's to cringe, it's so rough and undiplomatic. They can fall in love with their soapboxes.
May not have an awareness of the need to connect in a broader sense with the world, of a sense of security or in groups or of the need to seek it, or even of the need to foster approval, support, and understanding of themselves within groups they are connected with, often causing misunderstandings with allies, supporters, friends, and family members.
but not always hits the mark. Aiming at something with real motivation presupposes a certain lack...

Psyclepath

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I think it's because the social instinct is so poorly described.

Most descriptions I read of it are something I completely hate, and certainly can't relate to. I mean, they make it sound like a depressingly conformist person. I actually think there's a correlation between the social instinct (possibly sexual to an extent) and typology; given that typology deals so heavily with the human condition.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Being "syn-flow" isn't same as being a complacent and non-rebellious type. Sx/sp's like to kick it up, to liven things up (sx/sp = enlivening flow), to get a rise out of others, to ignite them, but being So-last they do this in socially disruptive ways, then suffer the repercussions. Sx/so rebellions seem to be connected to current social issues and of greater importance and scope, more socially acceptable. Sx/sp rebellions are like random aimless disruptions of that brooding anti-social kid sitting in the back rows, which is how Sx/sp's become disliked.

Sx/sp - local rebellion of an individual or a small socially unrecognized subgroup (biker gang revving their engines loudly on a road)
Sx/so - social rebellion that usually has more political implications, class struggles (spilling into So/sp), rebellion against the 'sicknesses' of society

biohazard

Permabanned
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm 100% sure I'm SP/SX now. Contraflow works much better for me.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Theres a hippy named site, something like crystal magic which combines enneagram with instinctual stackings.

It's how I realised that I'm 7W6 with SP/SX

Great site

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I take E test in similar minds and tnis is my result...

Type 1 Orderliness |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 3 Image Focus |||| 14%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||| 42%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||| 54%

type score type behavior motivation
8 17 I must be strong and in control to survive.
4 16 I must be unique/different to survive.
5 16 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
7 14 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
1 13 I must be orderly/planned to survive.
2 13 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
9 13 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
6 10 I must be secure and safe to survive.
3 3 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.

Your main type is Type 8
Your variant stacking is sx/sp/so
Your level of health is above average

845 or 854 8w7 sx/sp :D Sx? Nope. :D