• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Elfboy's MBTI/Instinct Variant Chart

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
let me know what you think

attachment.php

Red = Very Common
Green = Common
Blue = Uncommon
Purple = Rare
White = Very Rare

Edit: ISFJ should be blue for Sp/So and Purple for Sp/Sx

Last edited:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
what do the colors mean?

Nephele

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm finally not rare! :p 7w8 sx/so

G

Glycerine

I'm always rare! My life circumstances and choices made me so. If things were different, I am guessing I would have turned out differently 3w2 or 2w3 SO/SX.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm always rare! My life circumstances and choices made me so. If things were different, I am guessing I would have turned out differently 3w2 or 2w3 SO/SX.

what variant are you? Sp/So?
I'm not very common either (friggin So dom ENFPs lol)

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Neat chart! :yes:

Aren't ISFJ Sp/So's more common, though?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Neat chart! :yes:

Aren't ISFJ Sp/So's more common, though?

looking back, I think I'd put them down as blue as opposed to purple

S

SingSmileShine

I'm purple: rare. I'm sp/so. Awesome chart, by the way!

sp/sx is likely as common if not more common than sx/sp for INFPs.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd say sp/so is one of the most common variants in general, and there are a TON of IFP sp/sos, saying that they're white is a bit ridiculous. Also sx being the most common for some types is ridiculous, because sx is the most rare.

I think that the way we approach the variants is different and that's all that can be said. I don't think you can really correlate rareness of variants with MBTI type, they just appear to be rare/common in certain cases I imagine because either that particular variant is common in general, or you see far too many of these more "common" ones on the internet and think that they're common because of that. There may be a decent bit of sx on the internet, but in reality it's quite rare.

Sx serves us literally no purpose in a primal sense, I have quite a few theories on the instincts and evolution but I'll spare that for another time. Humans have strength in numbers, we are social animals at heart, and yet aside from that we have a sense of self preservation as well. Sx lasts are the most common type across the board for humankind for sure. I've given a lot of thought to whether sp or soc is more common, and I think that soc is more common (at least at the moment, it just makes sense to me in theory) and there are just soc types everywhere. But then again there are sp types everywhere too, but to a lesser degree.

Sx types being more "Common" is a dream that probably won't come true. If you know a lot of sx types then it's probably because of a particular interest of yours, but in general the bulk of the human population with be soc and sp.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Neat chart.

I can't really comment on the accuracy of it, except for INTJs.

And the one thing I'd have to say is that it's hard for me to imagine an so/sx INTJ.

As an sx/so INTJ, it doesn't surprise me that this would be rare; I think it's why people mistake me for an ENTJ.

Edit: oh, and also, as I recommended to [MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION], please figure out a better color scheme.

Your guys' color schemes are the single greatest proof that Ps should never open an Excel sheet.

Artemistry

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And, finally, I'm "common" with an sp/sx INFP (despite my Eightness, which still makes me very rare).

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I think this is interesting. Thank you for taking the time. Why is there no red square for INFJ? *not trying to be a special snowflake, but to find out your reasoning.. a genuine question*

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Edit: oh, and also, as I recommended to [MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION], please figure out a better color scheme.

Your guys' color schemes are the single greatest proof that Ps should never open an Excel sheet.

You mean... MS paint for me? :D

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Here we go:

MBTI-InstinctualVariant-Correlationnogridlines.jpg

I tried a number of different color schemes out, and thought this one was the best.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, well, I used both.

I'll actually be posting my INTJ-approved version shortly.

:D

Well I mean, as long as you give me credit for my chart that's all cool. I personally found it funny that Elfboy specifically took my color scheme and made this RIGHT after I made mine... >_>