• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[so] The Social Subtype = Extraverted Feeling??

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
what are you basing these correlations on?
I would say the correlations go something like this
So: E, FJs, 1s, 2s, 3w2s, 7s (So doms are by far the most common)
Sx: SPs, Fs, 4s (Sx doms are comparatively rare)
Sp: I, NTs, 3w4s 5s, 6w5s, 8s

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In that case it should go:

"I would think that the correlations go something like this
So: E, FJs, 1s, 2s, 3w2s, 7s (I think So doms are by far the most common)
Sx: SPs, Fs, 4s (I think that Sx doms are comparatively rare)
Sp: I, NTs, 3w4s 5s, 6w5s, 8s"

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would say the correlations go something like this
So: E, FJs, 1s, 2s, 3w2s, 7s (So doms are by far the most common)
Sx: SPs, Fs, 4s (Sx doms are comparatively rare)
Sp: I, NTs, 3w4s 5s, 6w5s, 8s

I agree in part. I think there are quite a few 2s, 7s and 8s identifying with SX. 6w7 I see as more SO, 6w5 as more SP. CP 6 is more likely to be SX than phobic 6.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
because
- your personality is obvious and comes through
- your blatant sexual humor gave you away
- you are one of the only ones who leave spaces between the enneagram core type and the wing (ex: 8w9, you type it as 8 w 9)

Wow that's crazy, I didn't know that was unique to me? lol, no one else leaves spaces between the enneatype and wing?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Do you all think that being Social-first or -second is correlated with preferring Extraverted Feeling?

In other words, do xxFJs tend to be either Social-first or -second? Conversely, does being Social-last preclude having Fe as your dominant or auxiliary function?

I think SO primary is a very good substitute (only one according to major type theory, really...) for Fe. I'm Fi strong but as a So primary I think I have a lot more people sense as it pertains to groups and social rules and harmony and all that. I LIKE that kind of stuff, including tradition and I like etiquette generally. I understand the need for social customs and rules of engagement. Some xNFPs have more or less a blind spot or openly are defiant to these things.

When youre So primary you really di look at "the group" in a way or you look wt the world in terms of systems and ties. it also helps me get along with some Fe types More smoothly ALL FI THINGS CONSIDERED. maybe. I dunno.

:laugh:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I am an Fi dom so dom (so/sp).

Anecdotally, I can't say whether or not it's unusual to be wired this way.

Personally, it does feel a bit weird.

Weird in what way? I used to think I was SX primary. It was dead obvious to me. Then [MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION] said he thought I was SO. I was like say whhhhat? But it makes sense. I'm willing to bow out over the SX title to those who are hardcore about SX 1 on 1 intimacy Above all else. I still have strong SX trait, just that SO trumps it. Basically the SO tempers the SX singleminded ness. I'm also not a loner, though I can be a hermit - its an important distinction!

It's really hard, nay impossible, for me to totally thumb my nose at Groups, I acknowledge the power and importsnce of these social entities. When you are SO primary it's harder (comsidering the Fi I mean) for you to be selfish in the individualistic sense at the expense of the group...who knows that might be my Asian upbringing talking. :p

Talk to me fellow Fi So primary!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Weird in what way? I used to think I was SX primary. It was dead obvious to me. Then [MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION] said he thought I was SO. I was like say whhhhat? But it makes sense. I'm willing to bow out over the SX title to those who are hardcore about SX 1 on 1 intimacy Above all else. I still have strong SX trait, just that SO trumps it. Basically the SO tempers the SX singleminded ness. I'm also not a loner, though I can be a hermit - its an important distinction!
It's really hard, nay impossible, for me to totally thumb my nose at Groups, I acknowledge the power and importsnce of these social entities. When you are SO primary it's harder (comsidering the Fi I mean) for you to be selfish in the individualistic sense at the expense of the group...who knows that might be my Asian upbringing talking. :p
Talk to me fellow Fi So primary!

your tact, calm yet cheerful demeanor and lack of a "she's a freak" vibe let me to guess you were So/Sx rather than Sx first. Sx doms are less diplomatic, more fiery and Sx 7s often have a touch of histrionics in there that you lack completely.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
When you are SO primary it's harder (comsidering the Fi I mean) for you to be selfish in the individualistic sense at the expense of the group...who knows that might be my Asian upbringing talking. :p

i've also wondered if it was my upbringing that's made me tapped
in to the social instinct. i've never desired to be part of a group
or understood how some people have this desire to "belong".
but i also understood it was expected of me, and i learned how to
work it to get what i needed.

i'm definitely all about one on one intimacy, always have been,
so i'm positive i'm SX primary. but what comes after that leaves
me a little puzzled, because honestly i think both my SO and SP
are equally weak. i've told jock that if i could choose sx/sx/sx
i'd be that.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your dominant instinct is the one you have most trouble with (it's not good to be unbalanced), so not buying the OP hypothesis.

MBTI measures strengths, Enneagram, weaknesses.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
^
I agree with the above. Subtypes have a compulsive quality in that they protect us from our core fears, just like enneagram.
Sx core fear: I am disconnection/Obscuring identity: I am connection
Sp core fear: I am insecure, dependent/Oscuring identity: I am secure/autonomous
So core fear: I am unbelongingness/Obscuring identity: I participate and belong

I think that there is an overlap in the way people are seeing Fe types play out, assuming the So subtype would naturally go hand in hand with Fe. Fe isn't based on fears, its a cog preference that more research is linking to neural activity, and would probably serve to, by its very nature, help someone NOT be an So type.. But this just a random idea I'm throwing out, so I wouldn't argue it =)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
your tact, calm yet cheerful demeanor and lack of a "she's a freak" vibe let me to guess you were So/Sx rather than Sx first. Sx doms are less diplomatic, more fiery and Sx 7s often have a touch of histrionics in there that you lack completely.

:sadbanana:

I find the bolded part strangely disappointing.

i've also wondered if it was my upbringing that's made me tapped
in to the social instinct. i've never desired to be part of a group
or understood how some people have this desire to "belong".
but i also understood it was expected of me, and i learned how to
work it to get what i needed.

i'm definitely all about one on one intimacy, always have been,
so i'm positive i'm SX primary. but what comes after that leaves
me a little puzzled...

First, Asian high five! :highfive:

Second, for the bolded part, it's not necessarily that Ive felt a need for groups or to belong. I think ENFPs instinctively feel a part of humanity and love people in general even if it's hard to to like some individuals? Feeling compassion for...humanity in general common for NFPs? thats regardless of instinctual type. Yeah you can gag if you want. :sick:

Also, I've been an independent agent since I was a child. I did and still do my own thing. However, I have always liked getting groups of people together, helping out with school dances, being part of certain school activities that require a group like theater troupe. I organized a girls sports clinic in highschool,stuff like that. On another "group" level Ive been political since prepubescence, and it wasn't due to exposure or mentorship, it was organic.I realized I was SO after thinking about it and in a way I spend as much if not more time and energy with "groups" than I did with individuals, and even then it's more concentrated with a few individuals.

I don't always necessarily seek to be part of a group but when I am stuck in a group I am rarely disruptive unless I'm consciously trying to and I know what I'm doing. I do envy the SX ? Seeming ability to not even care..not be self-conscious of rules and expectations and how others are reacting to things etc? I'm too aware of these things sometimes. Supposedly in a past life I lived in a religious community which is an analogy I understand.

Do people call you intense, Mmmhmm? Or just Jock? :p.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I LIKE that kind of stuff, including tradition and I like etiquette generally. I understand the need for social customs and rules of engagement.

That stuff makes me want to gag. :sick:

Some xNFPs have more or less a blind spot or openly are defiant to these things.

Ain't that the truth! :laugh: