• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts I Spent Money on An Instinctual Variant Test

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think there is a discrepancy somewhere and I'm trying to attain intellectual certainty. You don't match the Sx profile of a 6, so either you're not a 6 or ocean moonshine is wrong.

Or possibly that it's possible to be a more phobic, low-key Sexual 6, and ocean-moonshine's description just match more counterphobic, energetic Sexual 6's.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Or possibly that it's possible to be a more phobic, low-key Sexual 6, and ocean-moonshine's description just match more counterphobic, energetic Sexual 6's.

I read it to say that the Sx 6 appears counterphobic. I would even go so far as to say that this is the very source of counterphobic behavior. Whereas the Sp 6 appears phobic.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read it to say that the Sx 6 appears counterphobic. I would even go so far as to say that this is the very source of counterphobic behavior. Whereas the Sp 6 appears phobic.

I definitely think there is some serious correlation. However, after I got my results, EI also gave me three, more in-depth descriptions of the instincts, as well as descriptions of each of my type's instinctual subtypes. This was in their description of the Sexual 6:

In the average range, Sexual Sixes develop physical strength, power, and/or physical attractiveness to feel safe. More aggressive Sexual Sixes rely on strength and displays of toughness that can resemble type Eight ("Don't mess with me"), while more phobic Sexual Sixes use their sexuality and "coquettishness" to disarm others and attract support in ways that can resemble type Four.

So, EI recognizes phobic Sexual 6's.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I definitely think there is some serious correlation. However, after I got my results, EI also gave me three, more in-depth descriptions of the instincts, as well as descriptions of each of my type's instinctual subtypes. This was in their description of the Sexual 6:

So, EI recognizes phobic Sexual 6's.

I did not see any such result for the type 5. It's in the email I didn't read.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I did not see any such result for the type 5. It's in the email I didn't read.

Did you mean the instinctual subtypes descriptions? If so, if you indicated your Enneagram type at the bottom at the end of your test, and you scrolled down the page after you received your result, they are there.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did you mean the instinctual subtypes descriptions? If so, if you indicated your Enneagram type at the bottom at the end of your test, and you scrolled down the page after you received your result, they are there.

I don't agree with how the descriptions are separated. I'm not a 5 Sx, 5 Sp, 4 Sx, 4 Sp. I'm a 5w4 Sx/Sp, and the description for that would be most helpful.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't agree with how the descriptions are separated. I'm not a 5 Sx, 5 Sp, 4 Sx, 4 Sp. I'm a 5w4 Sx/Sp, and the description for that would be most helpful.

I agree, but I think the description just more broadly applies to all subtypes within your core type's instinctual subtype (i.e., the Sexual 5 description can apply to Sx/Sp and Sx/So dw4's and 5w6's), and the descriptions of the instinctual subtypes of your wing's type are just there to show you some possible similarities you might have with it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree, but I think the description just more broadly applies to all subtypes within your core type's instinctual subtype (i.e., the Sexual 5 description can apply to Sx/Sp and Sx/So dw4's and 5w6's), and the descriptions of the instinctual subtypes of your wing's type are just there to show you some possible similarities you might have with it.

This leads to the idea that my wing may be accompanied by a different stacking. For example, I don't identify with the 4 Sp but I do somewhat with the 4 So.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
G

garbage

Well, I once spent $9 on a font of my own handwriting. I once spent $15 on The Art of Speed Reading People. Let's bring on the frivolous expenses!

Self Preservation 45
Social 58
Sexual 47

According to the IVQ, your Instinctual Stack is:
Social
Sexual
Self-Preservation

I couldn't make a choice among many of the answers, and the answers were quite obviously tied to one instinct or another, and also I know my instinct with a good amount of certainty anyway. At least it sated my curiosity.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I took the test several years ago when they had a free trial. I don't remember the exact numbers but all the scores were within a few points of each other so it didn't really tell me much. I got sp/sx/so stacking at the time.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I once spent $9 on a font of my own handwriting. I once spent $15 on The Art of Speed Reading People. Let's bring on the frivolous expenses!

I couldn't make a choice among many of the answers, and the answers were quite obviously tied to one instinct or another, and also I know my instinct with a good amount of certainty anyway. At least it sated my curiosity.

Do you like to work on crossword puzzles?

G

garbage

Do you like to work on crossword puzzles?
I'll answer your question with more information than is probably necessary, because I want to answer whatever question it is that you're really asking and perhaps raise or answer others :wink:

My mother (in my estimation, a ISFJ 2w1 sp/so; the one who taught me not to spend money frivolously) is a huge fan of crossword puzzles and Wheel of Fortune--and of other somewhat related things, such as jigsaw puzzles. She regards me as someone who has a decent vocabulary. When I visit, she often asks me if I know some of the answers to the crossword clues that she can't get, and I often 'tag along' in Wheel of Fortune to see how quickly I/we can guess the answers. It gets me thinking about how our brain generally processes patterns, spurred by observations such as that it's much easier to correctly guess phrases when the first letter is provided, that some individuals on the show rattle off a bunch of possible answers while others simply have an answer 'come to them' after some internal deliberation, and so on. My studies of artificial intelligence and cognition become intertwined with those thoughts as well. I like the slight bit of mental exercise, but I also cherish the relaxation and spending the moment with my family.

Overall, though, I'll say that I'm personally a bigger fan of Scrabble, learning and applying new words through writing, and creating my own sorts of puzzles than I am of working on crossword puzzles. I'm especially not a fan of the crossword puzzles that are connected to pop culture--I'm largely unaware of pop culture, for good or for bad; I'm never going to know or care about the five-letter answer for 'Last week's Billboard top country hit.'

When I play games, the purpose is usually to exercise my creativity or to just 'veg out'; I get my mental exercise (e.g. strategic thinking, etc.) elsewhere.