• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts I Spent Money on An Instinctual Variant Test

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This was my result:

sinstinctualvariant.png

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How would you say this test compares to the free ones like the one on similar minds for instance? That has always been the best one IMO; but I've never taken that one as I saw no point in doing it since I found my instincts pretty quickly.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How would you say this test compares to the free ones like the one on similar minds for instance? That has always been the best one IMO; but I've never taken that one as I saw no point in doing it since I found my instincts pretty quickly.

I would say that the one on similarminds is good, but this one is better. I think it is worth the $8, IMO.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think part of why I have had such a hard time determining my instincts is because my lowest instinct is fairly present, unlike how it seems to be for most people who claim their last instinct is practically non-existent or what have you (I put my results in my sig).

I wouldn't say my last variant is almost non-existent, it is more like it is in a dormant state. When it comes, it comes. When it goes, it goes. It isn't as priority-laden as the other instincts.

Anyway, has anyone else taken this test?

Free test? Yes. Paid test? No.

B

brainheart

I think it's better because I feel like the similar minds test equates sp with introversion and limits sx to romantic relationships, and the social stuff seems a little superficial. I also like how the EI test has you mark a most like and least like of the three options for each answer.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's better because I feel like the similar minds test equates sp with introversion and limits sx to romantic relationships, and the social stuff seems a little superficial. I also like how the EI test has you mark a most like and least like of the three options for each answer.

I totally agree with you... hence saying it's one of the best one implies that the tests really need help. >_>

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I agree with you about the similar minds test. I may have to shell out $8 to find out if there is any common ground between EI and the ocean-moonshine descriptions. But even if EI says I use different instincts, I'll stick with ocean-moonshine because its descriptions speak the truth.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[...] I think part of why I have had such a hard time determining my instincts is because my lowest instinct is fairly present, unlike how it seems to be for most people who claim their last instinct is practically non-existent or what have you (I put my results in my sig). [...]

I think this is especially the case for me too, 'cause while I have Sx first at 58, I have So second at 47 and Sp last at 45. Those are both about equal.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think this is especially the case for me too, 'cause while I have Sx first at 58, I have So second at 47 and Sp last at 45. Those are both about equal.

So you're allowing this test to make the decision for you.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So you're allowing this test to make the decision for you.

No, but the questions they asked helped me realize my tendencies, and I tend towards the Sx side of things first and then probably the Sp side of things second.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What did you think of the test?

It's much clearer than the general type descriptions at ocean moonshine. Question 33 was the most interesting and direct: "I feel like. a higher energy/friendlier/quieter version of my enneatype."

I may have scored differently if I had taken this before I read anything on instinctuals.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's much clearer than the general type descriptions at ocean moonshine. Question 33 was the most interesting and direct: "I feel like. a higher energy/friendlier/quieter version of my enneatype."

I may have scored differently if I had taken this before I read anything on instinctuals.

Interestingly enough, that was one of the questions where I answered with Sx (higher energy) least agree, and So (friendlier) most agree.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interestingly enough, that was one of the questions where I answered with Sx (higher energy) least agree, and So (friendlier) most agree.

And you're not a 9? Ok.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, but you could get a decent burger or drink or something for that money, or save it for something more costly.

That burger and drink are equally as disposable and fleeting as the test, as are with most things we spend money on. Pick your poison, I guess.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you think I'm a 9?

I think there is a discrepancy somewhere and I'm trying to attain intellectual certainty. You don't match the Sx profile of a 6, so either you're not a 6 or ocean moonshine is wrong.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

So, of Sx is higher energy and So is friendlier then what would Sp be?