• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts I Spent Money on An Instinctual Variant Test

B

brainheart

I'm usually very anti taking tests, paid ones especially, but the whole instinct determination has been very elusive for me, even after reading about it and considering it forever. So I went ahead and took the Enneagram Institute Instinctual Variant test.

Oddly enough, I think it was really helpful and very well written. I think part of why I have had such a hard time determining my instincts is because my lowest instinct is fairly present, unlike how it seems to be for most people who claim their last instinct is practically non-existent or what have you (I put my results in my sig). Anyway, has anyone else taken this test?

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Wow. You people are either incredibly wasteful or incredibly gullible. Of course I'm assuming that your desire to have a definitive answer regarding your instinctual variant is either due to some perceived practical use, or that otherwise your money will have been wasted.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow. You people are either incredibly wasteful or incredibly gullible. Of course I'm assuming that your desire to have a definitive answer regarding your instinctual variant is either due to some perceived practical use, or that otherwise your money will have been wasted.

Dude, it's just $8.

B

brainheart

I'd say I'm more likely wasteful than gullible, especially considering it pretty much brought about the results I was considering already.

However, along with the results came along some new information on the variants that I didn't have already.

I appreciate your concern and judgment regarding my actions. How rough life must be when one gets so upset about how others spend their money!

Not to mention, I saved some time in the process that I could have spent considering it even more. I'd rather have my time than my 8 bucks.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting. Instinct variants were by far the easiest to choose of all these labels for me!

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, but you could get a decent burger or drink or something for that money, or save it for something more costly.
Ah, doug. What's a burger to the lack of the time wasted contemplating and researching endless websites for a definitive answer to an abstract labeling of self-realisation. A mind must dance with the different variations and possibilities of what might have happened to that eight dollars otherwise. One may assume it might have been used for the gathered up amount of a trip to bunjee jumping at the only time the rope may break.

B

brainheart

Ah, doug. What's a burger to the lack of the time wasted contemplating and researching endless websites for a definitive answer to an abstract labeling of self-realisation. A mind must dance with the different variations and possibilities of what might have happened to that eight dollars otherwise. One may assume it might have been used for the gathered up amount of a trip to bunjee jumping at the only time the rope may break.

Yeah, I think intuitive types are more likely to consider money wasted on things like food vs on, as you say, "abstract labeling of self-realisation."

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I think intuitive types are more likely to consider money wasted on things like food vs on, as you say, "abstract labeling of self-realisation."
At times, perhaps. I honestly wouldn't go about it myself and I suppose many others wouldn't also. But that's likely because of the strength of what we judge upon. (...some just really care about their money though)

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp

I fucking hate Abba.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting. Instinct variants were by far the easiest to choose of all these labels for me!

same here.
PS: welcome back to being an ENFP :hifive:

B

brainheart

At times, perhaps. I honestly wouldn't go about it myself and I suppose many others wouldn't also. But that's likely because of the strength of what we judge upon. (...some just really care about their money though)

I wouldn't usually spend money on it either, that was the point of my OP- that I decided to and was actually pleased. I figured I'd share in case any one else was considering it. Because a lot of people seem confused about instinctual variants, and I felt like the questions the test asked, the way the test was composed, and the information it provided with the results actually seemed worth it.

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wouldn't spend money in those test, because im 95% of my typing. And the 5% doesn't worth it

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, but you could get a decent burger or drink or something for that money,

Alternately, you've just saved yourself 800 calories

or save it for something more costly.

TWO value meals at Mickey D's! Yay!

I'd say I'm more likely wasteful than gullible, especially considering it pretty much brought about the results I was considering already.
However, along with the results came along some new information on the variants that I didn't have already.

That's cool. I'm glad it helped.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Alternately, you've just saved yourself 800 calories

Agreed. But you can replace food with any number of things that would be more useful than a test that will probably tell you what you already know about yourself; the general principle is still there.