User Tag List

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default Examples of Sx/Sp Persona-Building

A recent post here from a few days ago described the Sx/Sp Instinctual type as sexually secretive. I offer this as a case for persona-building.

Examples: Ayn Rand, 1w9, had a secret love affair with Nathaniel Branden. Her type 1 moral sensibilities demanded that she first ask permission from her husband and Branden's wife. But once she got that permission and carried out the affair, nobody else in the world was to know about this until 1982 when Branden's ex-wife wrote the now-infamous (in Objectivist circles) biography "The Passion of Ayn Rand."

Poet Charles Bukowski, 4w3 (possibly w5), created an alter-ego character for some of his novels named Henry Chinaski. Some have tried to confuse Bukowski with his character, but there are similarities as well as differences. It is possible that Bukowski, as with Rand, put a variation of himself in his novels as a sort of wish-fulfillment fantasy stand-in for the "real" Bukowski.
    http://www.litkicks.com/Buk/chinaski.html
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Ayn Rand: 1w9 So/Sp

Charles Bukowski: 6w5 Sx/So

You start badly...
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxFP

Im Sx/Sp so i can see a sexually secretive nature. Maybe more in introverted types. But with sexual concerns in the top, not in a Sp/Sx way that seems secretive too, holding themselves to their boundaries.
    Im introverted but if the oportunity it's there, i will inmerse myself recklessly, and when it happened some people noticed that very clearly.

Nothing in bukowski seems 4ish, i mean nothing... He's a 6
    Ayn Rand... dont know a shit about her.

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

"Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Richardsen View Post
    Im Sx/Sp so i can see a sexually secretive nature. Maybe more in introverted types. But with sexual concerns in the top, not in a Sp/Sx way that seems secretive too, holding themselves to their boundaries.
    Im introverted but if the oportunity it's there, i will inmerse myself recklessly, and when it happened some people noticed that very clearly.

Nothing in bukowski seems 4ish, i mean nothing... He's a 6
    Ayn Rand... dont know a shit about her.
    Most people don't know shit about Rand but that doesn't stop them from having strong opinions about her. And that is a known Sx effect on people.

I haven't studied Bukowski's personality much, but I like his Chinaski character. If I was a 4w3 like him I'd live the same way. The page didn't go into very much detail about how Bukowski differed from Chinaski.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

I know of ISFP woman who is sx/sp who carries out her affairs in private such that not even her closest friends may know. I see it as a twist on the social-last. It is as if carrying those affairs in public or making them official (i.e. marriage) somehow would destroy their sanctity, their special meaning for her.

This is not to say, however, that whoever carries out their romantic affairs in private must be sx/sp. People do it for all kinds of reasons, but I can see how so-last could motivate one to go into the stealth mode.