User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 36

  1. #21
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spiderfrommars View Post
    It's interesting; my friend who is SP/SX is always describing herself the same way, though it isn't true. I think the SX instinct causes her to obsess over whether she is "dull" and blends into the background, things that wouldn't occur to me. Same way a SO-first person is more likely to be anxious in a social situation. And I actually think the SP and SX combo would intensify that, because the person is pulled in two directions at once and their dominant instinct wants to be what their secondary instinct considers "dull".

    Do you relate to that at all? Or am I putting words in your mouth? For all I know, you're absolutely right that everyone is indifferent to you– and for all I know it doesn't bother you, as it does my friend.

    I'm also not certain if fading to the background is always a SX-last thing. I never identified with that. I can be a little uptight/stodgy (not liking surprises or spontaneity), and might be called "dull" in that way, but I come on very strong and loud. After all, wouldn't a SP/SO be more likely to interact with more people than a SP/SX? And therefore wouldn't the SP/SX be more likely to appear to blend into the background to most people, except those select few they sought out and connected with?
    If you're a 9, I have a feeling you should either consider 8 as a strong wing type, or change to 8w9. Because so far you don't come across as a 9. The Sp/So type 8 is most likely to dislike surprises in an effort to maintain control over the environment.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #22
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    If you're a 9, I have a feeling you should either consider 8 as a strong wing type, or change to 8w9. Because so far you don't come across as a 9. The Sp/So type 8 is most likely to dislike surprises in an effort to maintain control over the environment.
    Unless he/she's a 6.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  3. #23
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spiderfrommars View Post
    It's interesting; my friend who is SP/SX is always describing herself the same way, though it isn't true. I think the SX instinct causes her to obsess over whether she is "dull" and blends into the background, things that wouldn't occur to me. Same way a SO-first person is more likely to be anxious in a social situation. And I actually think the SP and SX combo would intensify that, because the person is pulled in two directions at once and their dominant instinct wants to be what their secondary instinct considers "dull".

    Do you relate to that at all? Or am I putting words in your mouth? For all I know, you're absolutely right that everyone is indifferent to you– and for all I know it doesn't bother you, as it does my friend.

    I'm also not certain if fading to the background is always a SX-last thing. I never identified with that. I can be a little uptight/stodgy (not liking surprises or spontaneity), and might be called "dull" in that way, but I come on very strong and loud. After all, wouldn't a SP/SO be more likely to interact with more people than a SP/SX? And therefore wouldn't the SP/SX be more likely to appear to blend into the background to most people, except those select few they sought out and connected with?
    I think I'm more like the SP/SO in that I don't restrict my interaction to a select few. I interact with lots of people and have acquaintances with many but when it comes to intimacy, I'm only intimate with a select few.

    As far as fading into the background goes, there are various reasons for this. I naturally don't put myself out there. I'm in my head most of the time, absorbed in my own thoughts and impressions and it rarely occurs to me to share them with others. As a result people aren't aware of what I'm truly like.

    Sometimes I would like to share things about myself but am concerned that the information could somehow be used against me or that someone might make a negative judgement on me based on the information I share. I do have a strong need to be liked by others and that compounds the issue, so oftentimes I only choose to share information that somehow feels safe.

    Also if I get too outwardly involved with things, I don't enough of the quiet, alone time I need.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  4. #24
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Unless he/she's a 6.
    If you have a quote to that effect I'd like to see it. Mine came from the type 8 sp/so description.

    'Self-pres/soc Eights are very self reliant. They are frequently entrepreneurial; the self-preservational instinct combines with the social to make a subtype that is very focused on the external environment. Self-pres/social Eights are the least dramatic of type Eight. They are "no nonsense" types. They can be introverted, especially when the Nine wing is dominant. But, even though they are often quiet, they are very much in control of themselves and their direction in life. On the high side, they make great business owners. They show a sense of fairness and have an instinctual drive to do what needs to be done. They know how to make decisions and aren’t afraid to implement them. Because the sexual instinct is last, they can sometimes be seen as difficult to warm up to. They can be seen as "all business."

    'This type has a tendency to see relationships as somehow "getting in the way." While they may desire a close romantic relationship, they don't want it if it is at the expense of their self-pres needs. They can appear Five-like in this way, as they are concerned about the demands a relationship might make on their time.'
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #25
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    If you have a quote to that effect I'd like to see it. Mine came from the type 8 sp/so description.
    I was referring to your "don't like surprises" comment. After all, the entire M.O. of a Type 6 is that they are too unsure of themselves to handle the 'unknown'.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  6. #26
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    I was referring to your "don't like surprises" comment. After all, the entire M.O. of a Type 6 is that they are too unsure of themselves to handle the 'unknown'.
    Surprises are known.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #27
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Surprises are known.
    Not beforehand. When I say 6's don't like the unknown, I mean that they prefer things to be predictable. Surprises (real ones, anyway) are unexpected, thus not predictable.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  8. #28
    Senior Member Richardsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Posts
    163

    Default

    It's about sex.... Orgies, breed, flesh, stimulous/intensity above everything....
    My dick is 100% sure of what i say
    (Not joking )
    Intimate usually means sex.
    The whole emotional volatilness/intensity that is associated with Sx firsters comes after and not always.

    Dont generalize


    6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

    "Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski


  9. #29
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Not beforehand. When I say 6's don't like the unknown, I mean that they prefer things to be predictable. Surprises (real ones, anyway) are unexpected, thus not predictable.
    Counterphobics too? Anyway, I'm not equating the unknown with surprises. People are aware of the unknown, they simply don't know what to expect from it. But a surprise is not "the unknown" because people aren't aware of it (e.g, a surprise birthday party).

    Phobic Six example (from real life - I would call it paranoia): he has a phobia for opening a closed door because (get this) somebody on the other side of the door might be waiting to shoot him in the face. That is fear of the unknown. You will say that it's also a surprise, but in fact he expects it to happen every time he opens a door, whereas a surprise is something unexpected. What's unknown is whether or not the paranoid expectation will ever come true.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #30
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Counterphobics too? Anyway, I'm not equating the unknown with surprises. People are aware of the unknown, they simply don't know what to expect from it. But a surprise is not "the unknown" because people aren't aware of it (e.g, a surprise birthday party).

    Phobic Six example (from real life - I would call it paranoia): he has a phobia for opening a closed door because (get this) somebody on the other side of the door might be waiting to shoot him in the face. That is fear of the unknown. You will say that it's also a surprise, but in fact he expects it to happen every time he opens a door, whereas a surprise is something unexpected. What's unknown is whether or not the paranoid expectation will ever come true.
    I see your point. But, couldn't the dislike of surprises also be characteristic of Type 6? Or am I missing the point entirely?

    Quote Originally Posted by Richardsen View Post
    It's about sex.... Orgies, breed, flesh, stimulous/intensity above everything....
    My dick is 100% sure of what i say
    (Not joking )
    Intimate usually means sex.
    The whole emotional volatilness/intensity that is associated with Sx firsters comes after and not always.

    Dont generalize
    Sounds great!
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

Similar Threads

  1. What does it mean when somebody calls you a joke?
    By lunareclipze in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-11-2013, 01:36 PM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-12-2008, 10:50 PM
  3. What does it mean if this makes me want to hang myself?
    By swordpath in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 07-07-2008, 09:33 PM
  4. "Success" in a career--What does it mean to you?
    By ygolo in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 02:31 PM
  5. What does it mean to "finish" a thought?
    By ygolo in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 08:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO