User Tag List

First 1234 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Too many people think being sx-dom means you are an intimacy-junkie. It actually just means you have intimacy issues.
    How can you be a junkie without there being issues?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    How can you be a junkie without there being issues?
    The point is that being a junkie is just one way of having intimacy issues, there are others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I can't decide if I'm sx or sp, but that sounds like me. Some people think I'm demure, others, fiery, no one ever gets it completely right. I am simultaneously passionate and apathetic, which isn't always easy.
    I relate to this, I have a friend who calls me mellow but fiery. I have tested sx/so, don't really get the enneagram stuff though.
    "It's never enough." The Cure

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    It seems to me that the sx intensity leads to a "love 'em or hate 'em" or polarizing quality. That quality seems to be sometimes (often?) paired with them seemingly being out there in the world, perhaps to the point of asserting themselves onto the world, so people are forced to answer the question of whether they love 'em or hate 'em.

I hope that makes sense. I don't type so well with migraines.

Once again, I'm confused on my stacking. I don't see myself as polarizing at all. Most people have either a slight liking or indifference towards me. Often times I just blend into the background and my presence is not or is barely made known. That would suggest SX last.

But here's the thing. Some descriptions of SX instinct also mention about intensity of interests and they don't have to be relationships with others. This I completely relate to. Once I get interested in something, it can completely take over my mind and with great intensity. It may not always be apparent to others but the obsessive interest is there and its difficult to distract myself from it. I rarely get this way about certain individuals but I can definitely get this way about certain ideas (like typology) or certain hobbies.

Also when I'm intimate with someone, I do enjoy having a feeling of one-ness between the two of us. Its disappointing when we don't share similar interests or values because then that feeling of one-ness is threatened.

And on that link of stackings someone posted, I related to the sp/sx one the most. I didn't relate much at all to so/sp, which I previously identified myself as.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I think that being Sx is not simply being intimacy junky, it's being a life junky and nothing more.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

The sx instinct leads to a pre-occupation with things like intimacy and allure, leading to intense and electrifying 1-on-1 relationships. Similar to how social types tend to identify with (and think in terms of) groups of people, sexual types tend to identify with partnerships and couples - being one half of a whole.

Sexual types can be like peacocks showing their feathers - they magnify themselves. Respecting boundaries can be a problem. The truly dysfunctional or self-loathing ones can become completely celibate, or completely out-of-control. The sx types tend to be the most "magnified" or "extreme" variants of the 9 types, as if they were occupying their respective trances "more" than the other variants.
    Hello

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Once again, I'm confused on my stacking. I don't see myself as polarizing at all. Most people have either a slight liking or indifference towards me. Often times I just blend into the background and my presence is not or is barely made known. That would suggest SX last.
    It's interesting; my friend who is SP/SX is always describing herself the same way, though it isn't true. I think the SX instinct causes her to obsess over whether she is "dull" and blends into the background, things that wouldn't occur to me. Same way a SO-first person is more likely to be anxious in a social situation. And I actually think the SP and SX combo would intensify that, because the person is pulled in two directions at once and their dominant instinct wants to be what their secondary instinct considers "dull".

Do you relate to that at all? Or am I putting words in your mouth? For all I know, you're absolutely right that everyone is indifferent to you– and for all I know it doesn't bother you, as it does my friend.

I'm also not certain if fading to the background is always a SX-last thing. I never identified with that. I can be a little uptight/stodgy (not liking surprises or spontaneity), and might be called "dull" in that way, but I come on very strong and loud. After all, wouldn't a SP/SO be more likely to interact with more people than a SP/SX? And therefore wouldn't the SP/SX be more likely to appear to blend into the background to most people, except those select few they sought out and connected with?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    The sx instinct leads to a pre-occupation with things like intimacy and allure, leading to intense and electrifying 1-on-1 relationships. Similar to how social types tend to identify with (and think in terms of) groups of people, sexual types tend to identify with partnerships and couples - being one half of a whole.

Sexual types can be like peacocks showing their feathers - they magnify themselves. Respecting boundaries can be a problem. The truly dysfunctional or self-loathing ones can become completely celibate, or completely out-of-control. The sx types tend to be the most "magnified" or "extreme" variants of the 9 types, as if they were occupying their respective trances "more" than the other variants.
    I'm not a peacock kind of guy, I think that's a type issue. I dress casually, not for show. But other Sx types sense the allure anyway, like a pheromone.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I'm not a peacock kind of guy, I think that's a type issue. I dress casually, not for show. But other Sx types sense the allure anyway, like a pheromone.
    Well, I don't mean to say that sx types are flashy, just alluring.
    Hello

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by spiderfrommars View Post
    Same way a SO-first person is more likely to be anxious in a social situation.
    So wait, if you're a socially anxious person, does that mean you're an So type?
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥