User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: sp/sx vs sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP

Default sp/sx vs sx/sp

Below are descriptions for sp/sx and sx/sp. I find them hard to distinguish from each other, and I also do not know if the two descriptions are accurate. Can you guys comment/interpret the writings below, and perhaps point out things between the two are make them more distinguishable?

sp/sx
    Motivation: to explore new ways to maintain a secure and comfortable living.
    Appearance: self-absorbed, wistful, calm, withdrawn, internally intense.

This type has a quiet, down-to-earth but mysterious quality. They are intense within but may seem withdrawn to others. They naturally seek intimacy but not at the expense of their independence or emotional security. This may create a pull-push effect, in which they draw others in but detach if they feel like they may get hurt. For the few interpersonal bonds they form, their loyalty is unbreakable, but these alliances make them feel more secure. They attach to others at an organic level, as opposed to the sp/so's formality. They are often unaware of the social dynamics and goals of a group, but they can read an individual with accuracy. When they sense their well-being is in jeopardy, they either completely withdraw or confront the danger head-on. Some have an appetite for wild adventures, which they view as learning experiences. They see their home as a refuge, and they take pride in decorating their surroundings.

Compatible with: sx/sp, sp/sx, sp/so
    sx/sp
    Motivation: to reconcile inner conflict, explore the mind and soul, and discover truths in a comfortable, independent environment.
    Appearance: internally intense, brooding, contained energy, self-absorbed.

They are on an eternal search for the missing piece. They live according to their own outlook and are only affected by the affirmation of a select few. Their ambitions are more personal in nature and do not necessarily have a social cause. They may isolate themselves for extended periods when feeling anxious or depressed, seeking understanding from within. They focus their repressed sexual energy into understanding their subconscious emotions and behaviors. They are often restless, torn between a stable life and the urge to explore. Some are prone to self-medication. Many have a naturally seductive, sexual charisma that may manifest as erotic playfulness or an untouchable aura to other sx types. They can create an unsurpassed level of intimacy with their partners. When they find a soulmate, they will bond without expressing the formalities of their connection. Once they feel deeply connect, they have difficulty letting go. When stressed, their sexual tension may carry out as erractic, impulsively self-destructive behaviors.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

These descriptions seem fairly accurate enough, in fact I don't think they could be any better. Going by this I'm definitely an sp/sx.

Say, do you also happen to have descriptions of the other varients?

Also, welsome to the forum

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

whoa...i've never read that description! i'm defintely sx/sp. thank you!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I relate to 40% or Sp/Sx and 90% or Sx/Sp.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

The sp/sx is a better fit over all (and I know it is my type), but I don't like the stated motivation here. I relate more to the sx/sp motivation, and I think this part "discover truths in a comfortable, independent environment" might actually be a better fit for sp/sx. Maybe because I am a 4, but "security" is not high on my list...
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    The sp/sx is a better fit over all (and I know it is my type), but I don't like the stated motivation here. I relate more to the sx/sp motivation, and I think this part "discover truths in a comfortable, independent environment" might actually be a better fit for sp/sx. Maybe because I am a 4, but "security" is not high on my list...
    Hey, thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm glad you guys like them. Yea, I am still trying to perfect the descriptions.

What would you say is the "motivation" of the sp/sx? Also, are there any other differences I can highlight between sp/sx vs sx/sp? Whenever people read these, they always seem like they see a little of both.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I'd agree with the "discover truths in a comfortable, independent environment" If I am reword security as a a solid foundation it works for me. I relate to nine so then that would influence it my end.

MBTI
    IxFP

Sx/Sp for sure...
    Life is so difficult for me

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

"Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Sp/Sx, "They naturally seek intimacy but not at the expense of their independence or emotional security"
    Sx/Sp, seeking intimacy first and independence or emotional security second.

Sp/Sx, "Some have an appetite for wild adventures, which they view as learning experiences,"
    Sx/Sp, "They are often restless, torn between a stable life and the urge to explore."

The other parts of the descriptions are simply different. For example, Sp/Sx has nothing like "They can create an unsurpassed level of intimacy with their partners" in its description.

Nor does it have, "Many have a naturally seductive, sexual charisma that may manifest as erotic playfulness or an untouchable aura to other sx types." I'm an Sx/Sp, and my Sx/Sp wife can personally testify to the part about the Sx aura.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by elranger View Post
    Below are descriptions for sp/sx and sx/sp. I find them hard to distinguish from each other, and I also do not know if the two descriptions are accurate. Can you guys comment/interpret the writings below, and perhaps point out things between the two are make them more distinguishable?

sp/sx
    Motivation: to explore new ways to maintain a secure and comfortable living.
    Appearance: self-absorbed, wistful, calm, withdrawn, internally intense.

This type has a quiet, down-to-earth but mysterious quality. They are intense within but may seem withdrawn to others. They naturally seek intimacy but not at the expense of their independence or emotional security. This may create a pull-push effect, in which they draw others in but detach if they feel like they may get hurt. For the few interpersonal bonds they form, their loyalty is unbreakable, but these alliances make them feel more secure. They attach to others at an organic level, as opposed to the sp/so's formality. They are often unaware of the social dynamics and goals of a group, but they can read an individual with accuracy. When they sense their well-being is in jeopardy, they either completely withdraw or confront the danger head-on. Some have an appetite for wild adventures, which they view as learning experiences. They see their home as a refuge, and they take pride in decorating their surroundings.

Compatible with: sx/sp, sp/sx, sp/so
    sx/sp
    Motivation: to reconcile inner conflict, explore the mind and soul, and discover truths in a comfortable, independent environment.
    Appearance: internally intense, brooding, contained energy, self-absorbed.

They are on an eternal search for the missing piece. They live according to their own outlook and are only affected by the affirmation of a select few. Their ambitions are more personal in nature and do not necessarily have a social cause. They may isolate themselves for extended periods when feeling anxious or depressed, seeking understanding from within. They focus their repressed sexual energy into understanding their subconscious emotions and behaviors. They are often restless, torn between a stable life and the urge to explore. Some are prone to self-medication. Many have a naturally seductive, sexual charisma that may manifest as erotic playfulness or an untouchable aura to other sx types. They can create an unsurpassed level of intimacy with their partners. When they find a soulmate, they will bond without expressing the formalities of their connection. Once they feel deeply connect, they have difficulty letting go. When stressed, their sexual tension may carry out as erractic, impulsively self-destructive behaviors.
    This looks much like the descriptions found at the oceans-moonshine site, but with variations in wording. It seems like clearer wording than the ones at oceans, but I cannot find a direct source for this. Where may I ask did these quotes come from?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”