• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts sp/sx vs sx/sp

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Simple question. Why has no one answered yet?!?!?

Unthink the question. It sounds as if you have multiple personality disorder. Sp elsewhere?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
awesome...enjoyed the link. i'm totally sx/sp :)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
great article!! very well described. Still sp/sx (strong sp variant).

But do you relate to this?

'This subtype also cares very much about their surroundings and their possessions. They feel as if these things help to express who they are. There is more of a passionate sense about them as compared to the self/soc. They have more of a sensual relationship with their environment. These Fours are much more tortured by their difficulty with respect to maintaining close relationships. The self-preservational instinct tends to be in conflict with the sexual instinct, causing this subtype to habitually analyze their relationships to the point where they find it difficult to be present to them. When unhealthy, these Fours can become very disdainful of the social environment. They also start to envy the ease with which others seem to form relationships and maintain friendships. When Fours of this subtype are healthy, they find that they can form relationships without feeling as though they are sacrificing authenticity. They no longer feel that they have to automatically define themselves as "different from others," as outside the group. They are able to see the ways in which their emotionality might cloud their better judgment and to use that insight to establish equilibrium.'

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But do you relate to this?

'This subtype also cares very much about their surroundings and their possessions. They feel as if these things help to express who they are. There is more of a passionate sense about them as compared to the self/soc. They have more of a sensual relationship with their environment. These Fours are much more tortured by their difficulty with respect to maintaining close relationships. The self-preservational instinct tends to be in conflict with the sexual instinct, causing this subtype to habitually analyze their relationships to the point where they find it difficult to be present to them. When unhealthy, these Fours can become very disdainful of the social environment. They also start to envy the ease with which others seem to form relationships and maintain friendships. When Fours of this subtype are healthy, they find that they can form relationships without feeling as though they are sacrificing authenticity. They no longer feel that they have to automatically define themselves as "different from others," as outside the group. They are able to see the ways in which their emotionality might cloud their better judgment and to use that insight to establish equilibrium.'

Not material possessions. I take my SP ness out on exercise and health and generally keeping my body in a state of maximum wellness and if possible. Vitamins and supplements and such. (And a bunch of other random things like having air flowing around me and adjusting the temperature in the room and focusing on a bunch of random environmental details. (I'm not obsessive about this but it's a big focus). Also, the need for security and warmth and "the basics" above all else.

I really don't know about the relationship thing. I have tried to analyze my reactions to relationships as they are odd and unhealthy but am too subjective and haven't come to any set conclusion on the issue, so I can't even really say if I relate.

I try not to be too "fragile" about these things but do have kind of a needyness for it and overall centeredness around it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not material possessions.

Then you don't agree with this? "They feel as if these [material] things help to express who they are."

Consider the fact that the type 7 Sp/Sx and Sx/Sp can appear like a 4.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Then you don't agree with this? "They feel as if these [material] things help to express who they are."

Consider the fact that the type 7 Sp/Sx and Sx/Sp can appear like a 4.

Yeah, I haven't left 7 out of the mix completely yet. 7 SP's are REALLY materialistic according to descriptions though! I just look at is as the idea of "self preservation." Also, 4w3's can be kind of double persona and appear like 7's.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I haven't left 7 out of the mix completely yet. 7 SP's are REALLY materialistic according to descriptions though! I just look at is as the idea of "self preservation."

That difference is more about holding onto possessions (4) versus looking forward to having them (7).

Also, 4w3's can be kind of double persona and appear like 7's.

They are more 8-like than 7-like, aggressive more than greedy. (Now you'll say you're not greedy.)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That difference is more about holding onto possessions (4) versus looking forward to having them (7).

They are more 8-like than 7-like, aggressive more than greedy. (Now you'll say you're not greedy.)

That's because I'm not greedy. (Not aggressive either.) I'm not into possessions at all. (Or, at least it's not a big focus.) That's the entire point of this conversation. I'm into security and safety and health and staying above water as a core value. It's not about your exact behaviors. It's about your mentality. The above link actually goes really closely with that.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's because I'm not greedy. (Not aggressive either.) I'm not into possessions at all. (Or, at least it's not a big focus.) That's the entire point of this conversation. I'm into security and safety and health and staying above water as a core value. It's not about your exact behaviors. It's about your mentality. The above link actually goes really closely with that.

True, it's not about behaviors, but it is about values. ("Mentality" is too vague a term.) Since you have just listed core traits of the Thinking triad with its focus on security, this becomes confused with Sp. That's why I would stick with type descriptions to help sort out the difference.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Simple question. Why has no one answered yet?!?!?

Simple answer: the world doesn't revolve around you.

On topic: your actual question may require research that not everyone has time to do for you.

EntangledLight

MBTI Type
?
sx/sp
Motivation: to reconcile inner conflict, explore the mind and soul, and discover truths in a comfortable, independent environment.
Appearance: internally intense, brooding, contained energy, self-absorbed.

They are on an eternal search for the missing piece. They live according to their own outlook and are only affected by the affirmation of a select few. Their ambitions are more personal in nature and do not necessarily have a social cause. They may isolate themselves for extended periods when feeling anxious or depressed, seeking understanding from within. They focus their repressed sexual energy into understanding their subconscious emotions and behaviors. They are often restless, torn between a stable life and the urge to explore. Some are prone to self-medication. Many have a naturally seductive, sexual charisma that may manifest as erotic playfulness or an untouchable aura to other sx types. They can create an unsurpassed level of intimacy with their partners. When they find a soulmate, they will bond without expressing the formalities of their connection. Once they feel deeply connect, they have difficulty letting go. When stressed, their sexual tension may carry out as erractic, impulsively self-destructive behaviors.

i really agree with the above, especially the bold part. to me, it always seems like defining the relationship creates an extension of itself, that everyone then pays more attention to than to what's actually going on and growing.

it's probably always seemed like i wasn't that "into them" for this reason alone, no matter how much explaining went on.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yah the appearance of the instinctual variants changes with enneagram type too. E.g i thought i might be 7w6 sx/sp for a while but then read the sp/sx description for 6w7 and that fits much better.

I think i asked Jim to work out the total number of type variation to include mbti X enneagram X Instinctual variant stacking it came to several thousand.... not incorporating the tri type theory.... brrrr... all the little snowflakes.