Thread: sp/sx vs sx/sp

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Then you don't agree with this? "They feel as if these [material] things help to express who they are."

Consider the fact that the type 7 Sp/Sx and Sx/Sp can appear like a 4.
    Yeah, I haven't left 7 out of the mix completely yet. 7 SP's are REALLY materialistic according to descriptions though! I just look at is as the idea of "self preservation." Also, 4w3's can be kind of double persona and appear like 7's.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yeah, I haven't left 7 out of the mix completely yet. 7 SP's are REALLY materialistic according to descriptions though! I just look at is as the idea of "self preservation."
    That difference is more about holding onto possessions (4) versus looking forward to having them (7).

Also, 4w3's can be kind of double persona and appear like 7's.
    They are more 8-like than 7-like, aggressive more than greedy. (Now you'll say you're not greedy.)
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    That difference is more about holding onto possessions (4) versus looking forward to having them (7).

They are more 8-like than 7-like, aggressive more than greedy. (Now you'll say you're not greedy.)
    That's because I'm not greedy. (Not aggressive either.) I'm not into possessions at all. (Or, at least it's not a big focus.) That's the entire point of this conversation. I'm into security and safety and health and staying above water as a core value. It's not about your exact behaviors. It's about your mentality. The above link actually goes really closely with that.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

That's because I'm not greedy. (Not aggressive either.) I'm not into possessions at all. (Or, at least it's not a big focus.) That's the entire point of this conversation. I'm into security and safety and health and staying above water as a core value. It's not about your exact behaviors. It's about your mentality. The above link actually goes really closely with that.
    True, it's not about behaviors, but it is about values. ("Mentality" is too vague a term.) Since you have just listed core traits of the Thinking triad with its focus on security, this becomes confused with Sp. That's why I would stick with type descriptions to help sort out the difference.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Thinkist View Post
    Simple question. Why has no one answered yet?!?!?
    Simple answer: the world doesn't revolve around you.

On topic: your actual question may require research that not everyone has time to do for you.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by elranger View Post
    sx/sp
    Motivation: to reconcile inner conflict, explore the mind and soul, and discover truths in a comfortable, independent environment.
    Appearance: internally intense, brooding, contained energy, self-absorbed.

They are on an eternal search for the missing piece. They live according to their own outlook and are only affected by the affirmation of a select few. Their ambitions are more personal in nature and do not necessarily have a social cause. They may isolate themselves for extended periods when feeling anxious or depressed, seeking understanding from within. They focus their repressed sexual energy into understanding their subconscious emotions and behaviors. They are often restless, torn between a stable life and the urge to explore. Some are prone to self-medication. Many have a naturally seductive, sexual charisma that may manifest as erotic playfulness or an untouchable aura to other sx types. They can create an unsurpassed level of intimacy with their partners. When they find a soulmate, they will bond without expressing the formalities of their connection. Once they feel deeply connect, they have difficulty letting go. When stressed, their sexual tension may carry out as erractic, impulsively self-destructive behaviors.
    i really agree with the above, especially the bold part. to me, it always seems like defining the relationship creates an extension of itself, that everyone then pays more attention to than to what's actually going on and growing.

it's probably always seemed like i wasn't that "into them" for this reason alone, no matter how much explaining went on.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Yah the appearance of the instinctual variants changes with enneagram type too. E.g i thought i might be 7w6 sx/sp for a while but then read the sp/sx description for 6w7 and that fits much better.

I think i asked Jim to work out the total number of type variation to include mbti X enneagram X Instinctual variant stacking it came to several thousand.... not incorporating the tri type theory.... brrrr... all the little snowflakes.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"