User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 57

Thread: sp/sx vs sx/sp

  1. #31
    Senior Member Richardsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    You should have responded that you were only following my lead. After all, I'm the one who rejected the entire question of its personal meaning. Have you seen the thread where I answered it?
    I dont mind, Sx instinct it's about what the word says, sex, breed, cuz at the end is instinctive, animalistic if you want. No need to theorize too much about. That's the root, now how you deal with that, it's your own bussines...
    And btw, the root of our personalities is biological, you should know that.

    Maybe im not as hyper-argumentative as you are,maybe my answers are somewhat dumb to you, maybe my IQ is much more lower than yours


    6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

    "Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski


  2. #32
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richardsen View Post
    I dont mind, Sx instinct it's about what the word says, sex, breed, cuz at the end is instinctive, animalistic if you want. No need to theorize too much about. That's the root, now how you deal with that, it's your own bussines...
    And btw, the root of our personalities is biological, you should know that.

    Maybe im not as hyper-argumentative as you are,maybe my answers are somewhat dumb to you, maybe my IQ is much more lower than yours
    No. As I indicated originally, its about what the "book", i.e., the enneagram says it is. And that comes from Oscar Ichavo the founder of the modern enneagram and instinctuals theory.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  3. #33
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Sx is all about desires and connections to reality in a nutshell. Sx types are run by their desires, they may feel like they are seeking the perfect "fit" in many aspects of their lives. They are also characterized by their connections to reality because these desires sort of dictate their cognition in a way, something less desirable will have less thought put into it, etc. Something not relevant to their desires will be discarded mentally even if it it realistically important.

    Sp is all about feeling one with their environment in one way or another (manifestations differ based on type). This environment also encompasses their mind, especially within the more introverted types (4, 5, 9). A lot of Sp firsts have a mystical feel about them because they have a very inward focus, and aren't as swayed by other people as compared to Sx and So types. There is the individual (Sx), the greater (Soc), and then the self (Sp). They are typically more grounded because they are not really motivated as much by people as the other two subtypes. Remember it's about preserving the self.

    Basically, Sx/Sp will have all of the traits of an Sx dominant type, and have some minor traits of the Sp type. The inverse goes for Sp/Sx. So Sx/Sps are focused on their own desires and individual connections, and are also one with their environment and are a bit more practical. Sx and Sp conflict because oftentimes Sx's priorities will be too reckless for their Sp side, and the person must come up with a compromise that satisfies both. Sp/Sx is more earthy, the Sx encourages them to expand on their environment in a very personal and typically very focused/specific way. Since Sp takes over the psyche, Sp and Sx don't conflict near as much because they are focused mainly on their own safety in one way or another, they can just simply dismiss a lot of what their Sx says or factor it in in a safe way.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  4. #34
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Sx is all about desires and connections to reality in a nutshell. Sx types are run by their desires, they may feel like they are seeking the perfect "fit" in many aspects of their lives. They are also characterized by their connections to reality because these desires sort of dictate their cognition in a way, something less desirable will have less thought put into it, etc. Something not relevant to their desires will be discarded mentally even if it it realistically important.
    More likely, Sx is a source of impulsiveness. For example, the description of the 8 sx-dom indicates this.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Sp is all about feeling one with their environment in one way or another (manifestations differ based on type). This environment also encompasses their mind, especially within the more introverted types (4, 5, 9). A lot of Sp firsts have a mystical feel about them because they have a very inward focus, and aren't as swayed by other people as compared to Sx and So types. There is the individual (Sx), the greater (Soc), and then the self (Sp). They are typically more grounded because they are not really motivated as much by people as the other two subtypes. Remember it's about preserving the self.
    This description was more obscure to me, but yes they are more grounded. I just have a hard time seeing them as having a "mystical feel" while being more grounded at the same time.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Basically, Sx/Sp will have all of the traits of an Sx dominant type, and have some minor traits of the Sp type. The inverse goes for Sp/Sx. So Sx/Sps are focused on their own desires and individual connections, and are also one with their environment and are a bit more practical. Sx and Sp conflict because oftentimes Sx's priorities will be too reckless for their Sp side, and the person must come up with a compromise that satisfies both. Sp/Sx is more earthy, the Sx encourages them to expand on their environment in a very personal and typically very focused/specific way. Since Sp takes over the psyche, Sp and Sx don't conflict near as much because they are focused mainly on their own safety in one way or another, they can just simply dismiss a lot of what their Sx says or factor it in in a safe way.
    "Individual connection" means "one-on-one"? That description was even more obscure, although I agree with parts of it. Other descriptions I've read have more interesting things to say about these two types.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #35
    Senior Member Richardsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    No. As I indicated originally, its about what the "book", i.e., the enneagram says it is. And that comes from Oscar Ichavo the founder of the modern enneagram and instinctuals theory.
    I know about Oscar Ichazo
    But what book??


    6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

    "Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski


  6. #36
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richardsen View Post
    I know about Oscar Ichazo
    But what book??
    Not book, just "book." But Riso and I think Palmer discuss Instinctuals, and there is Katherine Chernick's book on Instinctuals.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #37
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richardsen View Post
    I dont mind, Sx instinct it's about what the word says, sex, breed, cuz at the end is instinctive, animalistic if you want. No need to theorize too much about. That's the root, now how you deal with that, it's your own bussines...
    And btw, the root of our personalities is biological, you should know that.
    Yes the root of personality is biological, but the dominance of specific instincts is based on environment.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #38
    Senior Member Richardsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Yes the root of personality is biological, but the dominance of specific instincts is based on environment.
    Im not catching the point.
    Could you explain this?


    6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

    "Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski


  9. #39
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richardsen View Post
    Im not catching the point.
    Could you explain this?
    Either instinctual dominance is innate, or it is based in environmental conditions. Something I read in a book indicated that it was environmental, for example, someone whose need for security was not met as a child. This could lead either to an Sp-dom, or someone who develops another instinct to meet those needs, as with the So/Sp.

    As for Sx meaning literally "sex," you forgot about sublimation which redirects sexual impulses toward other, higher pursuits, such as art.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thinkist View Post
    So, if I'm a core SX 9w1 but SP elsewhere (notably a strong SP 5w6 that's almost as strong as my SX 9w1), am I sx/sp or sp/sx?
    Simple question. Why has no one answered yet?!?!?
    Thinkist: not optimist nor pessimist. I am primarily competent in the enneagram.
    SX 9w1, SP 5w6, SP 3w4 | Split with the first two
    Ti-Se-Si-Ni-Te-Fi-Ne-Fe. I'm always questioning this, particularly the Si.
    Big 5/Global5/SLOAN: RCUEX

Similar Threads

  1. [so] so/sp vs. so/sx 4
    By thoughtlost in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-13-2017, 09:09 PM
  2. [Inst] so sx vs so sp
    By draon9 in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2016, 12:46 AM
  3. [Inst] sx sp vs sx so
    By ataru in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-23-2016, 10:23 PM
  4. [E3] Sp/Sx 3 vs. Sx/Sp 3?
    By Cloud of Thunder in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-04-2013, 06:42 PM
  5. sp/sx vs sx/sp
    By the state i am in in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 02:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO