User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: sp/sx vs sx/sp

MBTI
    IxFP

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    You should have responded that you were only following my lead. After all, I'm the one who rejected the entire question of its personal meaning. Have you seen the thread where I answered it?
    I dont mind, Sx instinct it's about what the word says, sex, breed, cuz at the end is instinctive, animalistic if you want. No need to theorize too much about. That's the root, now how you deal with that, it's your own bussines...
    And btw, the root of our personalities is biological, you should know that.

Maybe im not as hyper-argumentative as you are,maybe my answers are somewhat dumb to you, maybe my IQ is much more lower than yours

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

"Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Richardsen View Post
    I dont mind, Sx instinct it's about what the word says, sex, breed, cuz at the end is instinctive, animalistic if you want. No need to theorize too much about. That's the root, now how you deal with that, it's your own bussines...

Maybe im not as hyper-argumentative as you are,maybe my answers are somewhat dumb to you, maybe my IQ is much more lower than yours
    No. As I indicated originally, its about what the "book", i.e., the enneagram says it is. And that comes from Oscar Ichavo the founder of the modern enneagram and instinctuals theory.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Sx is all about desires and connections to reality in a nutshell. Sx types are run by their desires, they may feel like they are seeking the perfect "fit" in many aspects of their lives. They are also characterized by their connections to reality because these desires sort of dictate their cognition in a way, something less desirable will have less thought put into it, etc. Something not relevant to their desires will be discarded mentally even if it it realistically important.

Sp is all about feeling one with their environment in one way or another (manifestations differ based on type). This environment also encompasses their mind, especially within the more introverted types (4, 5, 9). A lot of Sp firsts have a mystical feel about them because they have a very inward focus, and aren't as swayed by other people as compared to Sx and So types. There is the individual (Sx), the greater (Soc), and then the self (Sp). They are typically more grounded because they are not really motivated as much by people as the other two subtypes. Remember it's about preserving the self.

Basically, Sx/Sp will have all of the traits of an Sx dominant type, and have some minor traits of the Sp type. The inverse goes for Sp/Sx. So Sx/Sps are focused on their own desires and individual connections, and are also one with their environment and are a bit more practical. Sx and Sp conflict because oftentimes Sx's priorities will be too reckless for their Sp side, and the person must come up with a compromise that satisfies both. Sp/Sx is more earthy, the Sx encourages them to expand on their environment in a very personal and typically very focused/specific way. Since Sp takes over the psyche, Sp and Sx don't conflict near as much because they are focused mainly on their own safety in one way or another, they can just simply dismiss a lot of what their Sx says or factor it in in a safe way.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Sx is all about desires and connections to reality in a nutshell. Sx types are run by their desires, they may feel like they are seeking the perfect "fit" in many aspects of their lives. They are also characterized by their connections to reality because these desires sort of dictate their cognition in a way, something less desirable will have less thought put into it, etc. Something not relevant to their desires will be discarded mentally even if it it realistically important.
    More likely, Sx is a source of impulsiveness. For example, the description of the 8 sx-dom indicates this.

Sp is all about feeling one with their environment in one way or another (manifestations differ based on type). This environment also encompasses their mind, especially within the more introverted types (4, 5, 9). A lot of Sp firsts have a mystical feel about them because they have a very inward focus, and aren't as swayed by other people as compared to Sx and So types. There is the individual (Sx), the greater (Soc), and then the self (Sp). They are typically more grounded because they are not really motivated as much by people as the other two subtypes. Remember it's about preserving the self.
    This description was more obscure to me, but yes they are more grounded. I just have a hard time seeing them as having a "mystical feel" while being more grounded at the same time.

Basically, Sx/Sp will have all of the traits of an Sx dominant type, and have some minor traits of the Sp type. The inverse goes for Sp/Sx. So Sx/Sps are focused on their own desires and individual connections, and are also one with their environment and are a bit more practical. Sx and Sp conflict because oftentimes Sx's priorities will be too reckless for their Sp side, and the person must come up with a compromise that satisfies both. Sp/Sx is more earthy, the Sx encourages them to expand on their environment in a very personal and typically very focused/specific way. Since Sp takes over the psyche, Sp and Sx don't conflict near as much because they are focused mainly on their own safety in one way or another, they can just simply dismiss a lot of what their Sx says or factor it in in a safe way.
    "Individual connection" means "one-on-one"? That description was even more obscure, although I agree with parts of it. Other descriptions I've read have more interesting things to say about these two types.

MBTI
    IxFP

No. As I indicated originally, its about what the "book", i.e., the enneagram says it is. And that comes from Oscar Ichavo the founder of the modern enneagram and instinctuals theory.
    I know about Oscar Ichazo
    But what book??

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

"Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I know about Oscar Ichazo
    But what book??
    Not book, just "book." But Riso and I think Palmer discuss Instinctuals, and there is Katherine Chernick's book on Instinctuals.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Yes the root of personality is biological, but the dominance of specific instincts is based on environment.

MBTI
    IxFP

Yes the root of personality is biological, but the dominance of specific instincts is based on environment.
    Im not catching the point.
    Could you explain this?

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Im not catching the point.
    Could you explain this?
    Either instinctual dominance is innate, or it is based in environmental conditions. Something I read in a book indicated that it was environmental, for example, someone whose need for security was not met as a child. This could lead either to an Sp-dom, or someone who develops another instinct to meet those needs, as with the So/Sp.

As for Sx meaning literally "sex," you forgot about sublimation which redirects sexual impulses toward other, higher pursuits, such as art.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Thinkist View Post
    So, if I'm a core SX 9w1 but SP elsewhere (notably a strong SP 5w6 that's almost as strong as my SX 9w1), am I sx/sp or sp/sx?
    Simple question. Why has no one answered yet?!?!?
    Thinkist: not optimist nor pessimist. I am primarily competent in the enneagram.
    SX 9w1, SP 5w6, SP 3w4 | Split with the first two
    Ti-Se-Si-Ni-Te-Fi-Ne-Fe. I'm always questioning this, particularly the Si.
    Big 5/Global5/SLOAN: RCUEX