Thread: sp/sx vs sx/sp

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Richardsen View Post
    Then what does it mean Sx insctint to you??
    It means whatever the books say it means. There is a continuum of personal intensity, with Sx at the high end of intensity and Sp at the low end.

As a type 5 [edit - read as 5w4] and one of the most introverted types, the intensity is usually not apparent to others because I keep it internalized.

While I am certain there is such a thing as an Sx aura visible to other Sx types, that's not part of the definition of being an Sx which is the Instinctual with highest intensity.

I like the descriptions that go beyond the definition because they are more informative and I can learn more from them. For decades I was stuck with just a sketchy definition that was worthless even for determining my own stacking.
    Last edited by Mal12345; 01-29-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxFP

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    It means whatever the books say it means. There is a continuum of personal intensity, with Sx at the high end of intensity and Sp at the low end.

As a type 5 and one of the most introverted types, the intensity is usually not apparent to others because I keep it internalized.

While I am certain there is such a thing as an Sx aura visible to other Sx types, that's not part of the definition of being an Sx which is the Instinctual with highest intensity.

I like the descriptions that go beyond the definition because they are more informative and I can learn more from them. For decades I was stuck with just a sketchy definition that was worthless even for determining my own stacking.
    Sx insctint haves to do with sex... end of the story

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

"Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

=10000, the rest is just emotional, circuitous and devious coping strategy.

And Sx 5's intensity is usually pretty visible, if it's not with mal, that may means that he's not truly Sx.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Notice that it doesn't say "sex instinct" which is a biological theory, or a psychological theory, but not a personality theory.

Your original question to me was, "Then what does it mean Sx insctint to you??" (I'm not sure why you insist on moving the "c" around in "instinct.") And that meaning, to me, can change on a daily basis. So you really can't say "end of story" without taking away the changeable subjective basis for meaning.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post

And Sx 5's intensity is usually pretty visible, if it's not with mal, that may means that he's not truly Sx.
    Then my forum persona is not (usually) Sx.

MBTI
    STP

There is a continuum of personal intensity, with Sx at the high end of intensity and Sp at the low end.
    That means that Sp/Sx or Sx/Sp are extremely hot/cold. Not much middle ground.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    That means that Sp/Sx or Sx/Sp are extremely hot/cold. Not much middle ground.
    That's right. The descriptions say that Sx/Sp is the most conflicted. And Sp/Sx is often described in very similar terms, which is the reason for this thread.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post

Upon trying to determine my own stackings I don't exactly consider what I am like on forums or the internet. This is not, to me, reality. I wasn't raised with internet around, and when I first got into typology I did not know what the internet was (although I had heard of it). But there is some indication, in one of the new Sx/Sp descriptions I read recently, that the Sx/Sp could engage in persona building.

MBTI
    IxFP

Notice that it doesn't say "sex instinct" which is a biological theory, or a psychological theory, but not a personality theory.

Your original question to me was, "Then what does it mean Sx insctint to you??" (I'm not sure why you insist on moving the "c" around in "instinct.") And that meaning, to me, can change on a daily basis. So you really can't say "end of story" without taking away the changeable subjective basis for meaning.

Why so defensive man...

Im only saying that the root of Sx instinct is simply sex, breed, attracting the right mate.
    Pd: Thx for the english correction, im from chile sou ya know somtaims ai meik som misteiks

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

"Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Why so defensive man...

Im only saying that the root of Sx instinct is simply sex, breed, attracting the right mate.
    Pd: Thx for the english correction, im from chile sou ya know somtaims ai meik som misteiks
    You should have responded that you were only following my lead. After all, I'm the one who rejected the entire question of its personal meaning. Have you seen the thread where I answered it?