User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 57

Thread: sp/sx vs sx/sp

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    This looks much like the descriptions found at the oceans-moonshine site, but with variations in wording. It seems like clearer wording than the ones at oceans, but I cannot find a direct source for this. Where may I ask did these quotes come from?
    These are written by me. I am trying to refine and develop the most accurate descriptions possible.

  2. #12
    Senior Member guesswho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Sp/Sx - I should have sex because the end of the world is probably coming tomorrow.
    Sx/Sp - I am having sex because the end of the world may come tomorrow.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Sp/Sx - I should have sex because the end of the world is probably coming tomorrow.
    Sx/Sp - I am having sex because the end of the world may come tomorrow.
    Sx doesn't mean "has sex." You were kidding, right?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #14
    Senior Member guesswho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    yeah

    But is it more implausible that sx would mean "have sex" than sp would mean "the end of the world is coming" ?

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Sp/Sx - I should have sex because the end of the world is probably coming tomorrow.
    Sx/Sp - I am having sex because the end of the world may come tomorrow.
    So what does that mean about Sx/So and So/Sx?

    So/Sx - Im a boy...your a girl...lets have sex
    Sx/So - Having sex, we will determine gender later(really need help with the So thing)
    Im out, its been fun

  6. #16
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    So what does that mean about Sx/So and So/Sx?

    So/Sx - Im a boy...your a girl...lets have sex
    Sx/So - Having sex, we will determine gender later(really need help with the So thing)
    Self-Preservation



    Sexual



    Social



    Now, make the combinations.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Self-Preservation

    ...

    Sexual

    ...
    Social

    ...
    Now, make the combinations.
    Lol, ok, how do make sexual conotations/combinations when you bring in kids like that? I was trying to stay along the lines of adult insitncts and interactions
    Im out, its been fun

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Posts
    128

    Default

    So, if I'm a core SX 9w1 but SP elsewhere (notably a strong SP 5w6 that's almost as strong as my SX 9w1), am I sx/sp or sp/sx?
    Thinkist: not optimist nor pessimist. I am primarily competent in the enneagram.
    SX 9w1, SP 5w6, SP 3w4 | Split with the first two
    Ti-Se-Si-Ni-Te-Fi-Ne-Fe. I'm always questioning this, particularly the Si.
    Big 5/Global5/SLOAN: RCUEX

  9. #19
    Senior Member Richardsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Sx doesn't mean "has sex." You were kidding, right?
    Then what does it mean Sx insctint to you??


    6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

    "Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski


  10. #20
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I'd agree with the "discover truths in a comfortable, independent environment" If I am reword security as a a solid foundation it works for me. I relate to nine so then that would influence it my end.
    I think I want to make necessities a non-issue. Being a sp-dom, I can relate a bit to 9s profiles about seeking comfort and ease in life. A part of this is because comfort and ease allow me to focus on more exciting/interesting things. Chaos can motivate me, but not when it's totally bottomed-out. The chaos is more of the pursuit than the "foundation" as you say. I think I said in the "sp last" thread that I forget my physical comforts/needs (ie. eating) when I'm in an environment where they're readily available to me. I guess this is a form of security, but I don't think it's as literal as the descriptions paint it (or maybe I'm being nitpicky).

    Quote Originally Posted by elranger View Post
    Hey, thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm glad you guys like them. Yea, I am still trying to perfect the descriptions.

    What would you say is the "motivation" of the sp/sx? Also, are there any other differences I can highlight between sp/sx vs sx/sp? Whenever people read these, they always seem like they see a little of both.
    Something in a similar vein to "discover truths in a comfortable, independent environment". Also, I think sp types are seeking to explore the self by establishing an environment where they can thrive, an environment that doesn't impede on this exploration by being physically uncomfortable or distractingly dangerous.

    An example of that is how the descriptions say the sp may seek to make their home a sanctuary through enjoyable & often very personal decor. These basic needs (shelter, food, clothing) become a statement of independence; you do it in your way, on your terms, to please yourself, and this control is soothing to feeling too influenced by others or overwhelmed by them. You're preserving not only your physical self, but your emotional self also.

    But then, this is coming from an e4.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Similar Threads

  1. [so] so/sp vs. so/sx 4
    By thoughtlost in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-13-2017, 09:09 PM
  2. [Inst] so sx vs so sp
    By draon9 in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2016, 12:46 AM
  3. [Inst] sx sp vs sx so
    By ataru in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-23-2016, 10:23 PM
  4. [E3] Sp/Sx 3 vs. Sx/Sp 3?
    By Cloud of Thunder in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-04-2013, 06:42 PM
  5. sp/sx vs sx/sp
    By the state i am in in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 02:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO