First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    lots of people type as Sx/So because they like to connect with people and seek intimacy from others. while it's true that Sx/So's do this, virtually everyone would say they do/like this and there is a lot more to Sx/So than just this.

Sx/So's of any type are
    - raw
    - instinctual
    - passionate
    - impulsive
    - intense
    - lusty/desirous
    - full of sexual energy, it may not be directed toward sex, but it is still a sexual energy
    - demand attention (and tend to get it)
    - emotional
    - a yin/yang quality. fiery, lusty and intense some of the time; tender and intimate at other times.
    - a sense of longing for something

obvious these traits are going to be a little more intense in some types (say, an ESFP 7w8) and a little more down played in others (say, an ISTJ 1w9) but they are still there no matter what enneagram or MBTI type the person is.

Well, supposedly I'm an SX/SP and it resonates quite well for me so I'm not sure about the SO connection. I'm certain about the SX but not so certain about the SP (personally).

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Sx/So's of any type are
    - raw
    - instinctual
    - passionate
    - impulsive
    - intense
    - lusty/desirous
    - full of sexual energy, it may not be directed toward sex, but it is still a sexual energy
    - emotional
    - a yin/yang quality. fiery, lusty and intense some of the time; tender and intimate at other times.
    Dunno.

I think many are, yes. But not always. You are like "Sx/So are great necessarly", it's impossible that every Sx/So's are like that.

Many Sx/So's are actually also:

-shy
    -hung up
    -close-minded
    -dogmatic
    -paranoid
    -shizotipal and/or schizoid
    -cowards
    -extremely avoidant and reclusive
    -hateful of people and of the opposite sex
    -repress their impulsions and instincts
    -frugal and prude
    -obsessive-compulsive
    -dependant personality disorder
    -low-key and effaced
    - etc

The thing is that, if you take Patti Smith, for example, she is impulsive, she is fantastical, she is great, yes, but when she was 14 she was a complete loser, she was totally unatractive, she was insfignificant, a marginal, she was nothing in the high-school hierarchy. But she has an instinctive drive to overcome it.

Also, Dennis Rodman, Howard Hughes and Catwoman are good examples of that: navigate between avoidance, shyness and self-effaced temperament and addictive alpha male or femme fatale, charismatic and obssessed with sex.

[youtube=3CrDbBBAbEY]Beyond The Glory - Dennis Rodman (Part1)[/youtube]
    [youtube=ez4rbj1AZGg]The Secret History: Howard Hughes, Bizarre Billionaire (1/5)[/youtube]
    [youtube=u3hl3hSa1lc]Selina tranforms[/youtube]

You can also see that with David Bowie, Freddy Mercury, Lady Gaga, Dennis Hopper, and tons of others.

I think the duality between the personality and the instinctual stacking is a bit like a river and a rock. Te acquiered personality (enneatype) is a rock, the instinctual stacking is the river, the water always achieve to pass through the rock, it's just a matter of time, and it sculpt it in forms of emmotional habits and emotional coping stretgy called "subtypes".

This gallery of pics of Charles Bukowski illustrate that pretty well also: at the end he fits very well with your list of adjectives, but during his youth, not at all: http://charlesbukowski.free.fr/photographies.html

I think that every Sx people are characterized by a need to be at the top of the food chain, and with Sx/So, the result is a strong leaning to be "guru" or ayatollah. Sometime very prude and frugal, but very oriented toward intensity:

[youtube=0AgW_9bijzE]Imam Khomeini speaking abt the Iran Iraq war[/youtube]
    [youtube=qbF0JQgi7_U]Adolf Hitler speech February 10 ,3of3[/youtube]

The nature of Sx/So, I think, is a low tolerance for the status quo, a tendency to live life and see the world like a series of intense visons and dream sequence, a drive to provoke, shock, seduce people and manipulate the crowds, to push boundaries, be palatial and be something more than a human. Also, a trouble with self-pres thing, sometimes an abuse and dependance of this, sometimes a deliberate refuse of confort and safety and simply a goblal neglect.

sx/soc: My impression of their writing is "fire-and-ice", as if one is to experience the extremes of heat and coldness at the same time. Often abstract, spilling one inner vision after another like a dream-sequence. Seems particularly in touch with the core meaning of life and death.
    [youtube=Y8odEyQdUEk]Sx/So[/youtube]
    [youtube=aXBdrJcPJc0]Sx/So[/youtube]

Hum, yeah...
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

don't forget, speed, ENFPs tend to focus on positives... elfboy can't help it

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Many Sx/So's are actually also:

-shy
    -hung up
    me

i think "histrionic" could also be a possibility. and passive-aggressive.

The nature of Sx/So, I think, is a low tolerance for the status quo, a tendency to live life and see the world like a series of intense visons and dream sequence, a drive to provoke, shock, seduce people and manipulate the crowds, to push boundaries, be palatial and be something more than a human.

my biggest fear is being in pain more than being deprived. my worst nightmare would be either
    - being thrown into a concentration camp
    - being tortured
    - being forced to fight in a war
    - being a slave
    the influence of my 8 wing is evident in my greatest fears. 7w6s fears seem much more low stakes to me and make me think "I could handle that for awhile if it meant getting what I want in the long haul"
    indeed, there is a definite 8-style physical and being-controlled quality to all your fears. how interesting.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Sx/So's of any type are
    - raw (Yeah)
    - instinctual (Yes)
    - passionate (Yes)
    - impulsive (Yes)
    - intense (Can be)
    - lusty/desirous (Yes)
    - full of sexual energy, it may not be directed toward sex, but it is still a sexual energy (Yes)
    - demand attention (and tend to get it) (Don't need to demand it)
    - emotional (Yes)
    - a yin/yang quality. fiery, lusty and intense some of the time; tender and intimate at other times. (Yes)
    - a sense of longing for something (Very much so)
    Well you have me pegged :horor: Lol
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

God, I hate it when people focus on sex as the primary definition for sx.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    wikipedia external links, then follow it one (or two, or three, depending on the seriousness of your paper) more links out...
    or an infinite number of links out if you're a perceiver

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Speed Gavroche
    - I don't see our lists as contradicting, but thank you for sharing more information
    - I liked the "river and the rock" analogy, think I know an ENTJ woman who that happened to. when she was younger, she was abused, depressed, overweight and insecure, but once her father was out of her life, she lost 70 pounds, got nicer clothes, got a makeover and basically went Poison Ivy with it (I think she's a 7w8 Sx/So)
    - I don't think all Sx/So's are great (I find many irresponsible and impulsiveness is not a trait I admire)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    IxFP

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Dunno.

-shy
    -hung up
    -close-minded
    -dogmatic
    -paranoid
    -shizotipal and/or schizoid
    -cowards
    -extremely avoidant and reclusive
    -hateful of people and of the opposite sex
    -repress their impulsions and instincts
    -frugal and prude
    -obsessive-compulsive
    -dependant personality disorder
    -low-key and effaced
    - etc

Also, Dennis Rodman, Howard Hughes and Catwoman are good examples of that: navigate between avoidance, shyness and self-effaced temperament and addictive alpha male or femme fatale, charismatic and obssessed with sex.
    Denis Rodman was shy as hell before he was famous. Howard Hughes was schizoid, and i think that William Burroughs too. And Sx/So.
    Yukio Mishima was a shameful poor boy, introverted represed by his grandmother, and after he was a ultra-conservasionist, openly gay and exhibisionistic who killed himself in front of thousands of soldiers.

And a 8w7 Sx/So girl i know who is extremely cute, helpful and passionate, and in the other hand a pseudo sadistic-aggresive beautiful monster, who had 4 boyfriends at the same time, party animal and she was/is virgin... love her

Now i can see more the Sx/So and the fire & ice conception.

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

"Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    or an infinite number of links out if you're a perceiver
    true. also, who are we kidding thinking a Perceiver would finish a non-required paper?

hey btw didn't you type yourself e3w4 at one point? if so, interesting, because i did too. apparently ENFP 6 can feel like 3w4?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

lots of people type as Sx/So because they like to connect with people and seek intimacy from others. while it's true that Sx/So's do this, virtually everyone would say they do/like this and there is a lot more to Sx/So than just this.

Sx/So's of any type are
    - raw
    - instinctual
    - passionate
    - impulsive
    - intense
    - lusty/desirous
    - emotional
    This only reinforces my previous characterization of Sx/So being the "Loose Booty" variant, whether they're sexually active or not.