First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    Tip: you add the sources on afterwards.... you put your opinions down, then look up sources to match your opinions. It's the American way
    wikipedia external links, then follow it one (or two, or three, depending on the seriousness of your paper) more links out... and you have yourself a professional article...

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    ah, the joys and despairs of being sx

good list... i feel like there is a good representation of energy... i think that is really what sx is all about... communication and interpretation of energy...

i do think it's important to note there's a sort of "rawness" in sx/sp and sp/sx that is not in sx/so... i think we are more "magnetic" and less "raw", if you understand my meaning... certainly we are intense and we do expose our very deep selves but i think in some ways it is more padded, more cushioned... we never lose that awareness of how we are fitting into the whole, so we cannot ever completely remove ourselves, unlike that stunningly beautiful stark individual energy you will see in sx-sp types...

i also think that there is some important element in sx of longing... of course that is true for humans as a whole but i am guessing sx/so and so/sx will tend to do liminality more than others, because we have that intense need for intimacy of all sx's, but we tend to limit ourselves because of the so-awareness...
    "longing" yes, that's the word I was trying to think of. I'll add it to the list
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Sx/So's of any type are
    - raw
    - instinctual
    - passionate
    - impulsive
    - intense
    - lusty/desirous
    - full of sexual energy, it may not be directed toward sex, but it is still a sexual energy
    - demand attention (and tend to get it)
    - emotional
    - a yin/yang quality. fiery, lusty and intense some of the time; tender and intimate at other times.
    - a sense of longing for something
    -noms on description happily-

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i was just talking about that sense of longing...i thought it was a type 7 thing. i was discussing how deep down there's a constant feeling of missing people and places and periods of your life...it's constant
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i was just talking about that sense of longing...i thought it was a type 7 thing. i was discussing how deep down there's a constant feeling of missing people and places and periods of your life...it's constant
    i have that too

maybe it's both 7 and sx...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    actually, 7 is kinda the opposite of that. 7s like "ooo, that's cool, let's get that! XD"
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

actually, 7 is kinda the opposite of that. 7s like "ooo, that's cool, let's get that! XD"
    i thought that with 7 there was also an underlying fear of never being able to satisfy oneself, of fear of never being able to really be sated and get what you really want and need in life - which is actually exacerbated by the "ooh let's get it" because the focus is so much on the future that 7s have trouble appreciating what they have, as they habitually are looking forwards so as to capture the next opportunity.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

i thought that with 7 there was also an underlying fear of never being able to satisfy oneself, of fear of never being able to really be sated and get what you really want and need in life - which is actually exacerbated by the "ooh let's get it" because the focus is so much on the future that 7s have trouble appreciating what they have, as they habitually are looking forwards so as to capture the next opportunity.
    now that I think about it, that rings true with me. I suppose I just have the idea of longing being somewhat more melancholy
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

now that I think about it, that rings true with me. I suppose I just have the idea of longing being somewhat more melancholy
    sadly i mostly know that about 7 from personal experience... rang true for me, too. :/

i feel like there is a certain "timeless" quality to longing... and maybe that is the source of the melancholy...

i think that something akin to longing is the "deep secret" of 7 anyway - like the type's catch 22 - so i think it's no surprise you wouldn't feel it fully. you know what i mean? like, because your main defense mechanism is set up to protect you from that feeling. since the basic fear of type 7 is of being deprived, and feeling longing is essentially admitting to yourself that you are being deprived of something...

anyway. to me there is something very primal about the feeling. very sx-y.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

sadly i mostly know that about 7 from personal experience... rang true for me, too. :/

i feel like there is a certain "timeless" quality to longing... and maybe that is the source of the melancholy...

i think that is the "deep secret" of 7 anyway - like the type's catch 22 - so i think it's no surprise you wouldn't feel it fully. you know what i mean? like, because your main defense mechanism is set up to protect you from that feeling. since the basic fear of type 7 is of being deprived, and feeling longing is essentially admitting to yourself that you are being deprived of something...
    my biggest fear is being in pain more than being deprived. my worst nightmare would be either
    - being thrown into a concentration camp
    - being tortured
    - being forced to fight in a war
    - being a slave
    the influence of my 8 wing is evident in my greatest fears. 7w6s fears seem much more low stakes to me and make me think "I could handle that for awhile if it meant getting what I want in the long haul"
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!