• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Dom-Auxillary SX people in relationships with SX-Last people? Experiences?

Snow Turtle

I'm curious about other people's experiences, how has it played out for you?
Have you found a good compromise?

Anyhow, below is an example of a difficulty within my relationship. Otherwise it's great.

I'm 60% certain that my partner is a SX-last individual while I might be SX-Auxillary and well, sometimes I do feel that this difference does have a massive impact on our relationship together. Anyhow, this is how it manifests in my relationship.

Every now and then, I'll have a conversation with my partner where I feel neglected because I believe they have prioritised friendship on the same level as me. Then, I'll feel terrible at expressing this since my partner becomes upset feeling that I'm misunderstanding her: that this is not reflective of how she feels about us.

At that point, I don't really know what to do and desperately want to correct things between us. I have a sneaking suspicion, it's because I've made these assumptions and accusations about how much she cares based on what I perceive as her actions and intentions. But I can't be 100% certain.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm curious about other people's experiences, how has it played out for you?
Have you found a good compromise?

Anyhow, below is an example of a difficulty within my relationship. Otherwise it's great.

An example of Sx-last/Sx-second couple.

russell-brand-katy-perry.jpg

The verdict: it broked.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've realized recently that my ISFJ ex is an SP type (which is an interesting mix for an ISFJ/Two), and then likely an SO.

No wonder we had so many problems when I started abandoning my SP ways, which were mostly a defense mechanism from childhood. The more my SX desires took dominance and the SP patterns diminished, the more distant I felt from my spouse and the more we wanted different things and weren't meeting each other's needs. We both became very unhappy and/or anxious.