User Tag List

Default Dom-Auxillary SX people in relationships with SX-Last people? Experiences?

I'm curious about other people's experiences, how has it played out for you?
    Have you found a good compromise?

Anyhow, below is an example of a difficulty within my relationship. Otherwise it's great.

I'm 60% certain that my partner is a SX-last individual while I might be SX-Auxillary and well, sometimes I do feel that this difference does have a massive impact on our relationship together. Anyhow, this is how it manifests in my relationship.

Every now and then, I'll have a conversation with my partner where I feel neglected because I believe they have prioritised friendship on the same level as me. Then, I'll feel terrible at expressing this since my partner becomes upset feeling that I'm misunderstanding her: that this is not reflective of how she feels about us.

At that point, I don't really know what to do and desperately want to correct things between us. I have a sneaking suspicion, it's because I've made these assumptions and accusations about how much she cares based on what I perceive as her actions and intentions. But I can't be 100% certain.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    I'm curious about other people's experiences, how has it played out for you?
    Have you found a good compromise?

Anyhow, below is an example of a difficulty within my relationship. Otherwise it's great.

An example of Sx-last/Sx-second couple.

The verdict: it broked.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I've realized recently that my ISFJ ex is an SP type (which is an interesting mix for an ISFJ/Two), and then likely an SO.

No wonder we had so many problems when I started abandoning my SP ways, which were mostly a defense mechanism from childhood. The more my SX desires took dominance and the SP patterns diminished, the more distant I felt from my spouse and the more we wanted different things and weren't meeting each other's needs. We both became very unhappy and/or anxious.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft