First 23456 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by FireShield98 View Post
    Interesting... I seem to be an sp 5, an sx 4, and an so 1.
    Are you creating a new theory of instinctuals?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

interesting, i identified more with the description of 8 Sx (knight) than that of the 7 sx (which is not even clear to me, actually)

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Are you creating a new theory of instinctuals?
    Nope, just noticing how each one of the types in my tritype have different instinctual variants, in the same order that my overall instinctual variant order is (it's sp/sx, and my tritype is 5-4-1, and of the fives, I fit the sp description most, of the fours, I fit the sx description most, and of the ones, I fit the so description most). Maybe there's something to it, but it's likely just a coincidence.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    interesting, i identified more with the description of 8 Sx (knight) than that of the 7 sx (which is not even clear to me, actually)
    7 Sx. The Charming Wanderer. Sounds like Casanova's type.

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by FireShield98 View Post
    Nope, just noticing how each one of the types in my tritype have different instinctual variants, in the same order that my overall instinctual variant order is (it's sp/sx, and my tritype is 5-4-1, and of the fives, I fit the sp description most, of the fours, I fit the sx description most, and of the ones, I fit the so description most). Maybe there's something to it, but it's likely just a coincidence.
    Interesting. My friend and I hit upon this idea as well. It may be coincidence, but it's worked fairly well with our types. (For me, SP 8, SO 4 and SX 6.) Anyone else noticed this?

On the chart in general…some things got much cooler titles than others! "Weight Lifter", really? I wish that described me accurately. I'm much too lazy to get into the habit of going to the gym, even though I have one on campus. My SO 5 father, on the other hand…

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

mmm i don't know, to be honest, because i identify with the Sx all my types (that is, 7-8-4) and not really with the sp or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderfrommars View Post
    Interesting. My friend and I hit upon this idea as well. It may be coincidence, but it's worked fairly well with our types. (For me, SP 8, SO 4 and SX 6.) Anyone else noticed this?

On the chart in general…some things got much cooler titles than others! "Weight Lifter", really? I wish that described me accurately. I'm much too lazy to get into the habit of going to the gym, even though I have one on campus. My SO 5 father, on the other hand…

MBTI
    nerd

it's true but i'd still much rather be a wizard than an archivist. well i guess i'm an archivist wizard. better than nothing but wizards get all the chicks while archivists just kind of gather dust, boredom and dry coughs.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

@Elfboy's hour-long youtube video, the wikipedia tritypes article, and personal experience have convinced me that tritypes are real.

Tritypes theory clears up some confusions I've had over the years in typing others. Because it has always seemed that I see too much or too deeply to say anybody was one particular type and wing, and now I finally know what was causing that impression. I really am seeing a lot of different qualities in others which violate traditional enneagram theory as I know it, so it wasn't just my imagination that people's personalities don't follow simple lines and static rules.

As I am a theory-loving type, it is very confusing for Riso's book to say one thing, and then for my observations to say another. It's not that he was wrong, not at all. It was just not true to human complexity. The Riso enneagram is too rigid a formula to be applied.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    As I am a theory-loving type, it is very confusing for Riso's book to say one thing, and then for my observations to say another. It's not that he was wrong, not at all. It was just not true to human complexity. The Riso enneagram is too rigid a formula to be applied.
    At the very least, I can't see why we ought not identify with multiple types (in Enneagram, MBTI, etc.) in different proportions--to highlight our own personal nuances. As examples: I know that I identify with traits of 6, 5, 3, and 1; weak extroverts and strong intuitives exist; it's useful for one to realize that they may have narcissistic and codependent tendencies--so why cut out the additional information?

It's simply elegant to have one type to explain it all, but some of that elegance ought to be sacrificed for meaningful application and true self-discovery.

Tritype is a way to allow necessary nuances (but then, I suppose, so is simply listing the types that one identifies with).

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Indeed, I am a diplomat

I lol'd at the "wizard" description. Too bad wizards only get 1d4 hit points :\
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.
    Likes Punderstorm liked this post