• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts 27-type chart with titles

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Indeed, I am a diplomat

I lol'd at the "wizard" description. Too bad wizards only get 1d4 hit points :\

Good, because I don't identify with it. I use the oceans-moonshine descriptions.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I liked this chart, but it makes enneagram looks like a giant guild where you're playing a class.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Like most sexual 5 descriptions this one is awful and too vague. No wonder I mistyped my instincts since I didn't relate to or understood what "sharing confidential information/secrets" meant. I do now because I understand the theory better but most of all, sexual 5 is just being very passionate about ideas and you want to share them with people you think will care. You connect with people by sharing ideas.

Faceless Beauty

Transient
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w8
The sp 3, sp 8, and parts of sx 6 descriptions sound more like me than sp 9 does. What even? xD
Comfort seeking? No. xD

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
https://oceanmoonshine9.wordpress.com/five-stacks/

The reason I don't like the OP description of the 5 Sx is that it misses a key point, and that is the Sx instinct in general focuses on the significant other. But the OP description doesn't even mention it.

If I was new to this and had to choose between the three type 5 instincts listed in the OP, I would be hard-pressed to do so because they are so vague and very brief. At least give me a label I can identify with, if you must label me at all.

In the past I spent a couple days pondering the stackings listed at the link in first line of this post, and this was the one that fit me best:

"With this subtype, a lot of energy revolves around the issue of boundaries. Sexual/self-pres Fives tend to forge strong connections quickly and deeply, but if they feel betrayed, begin to feel overwhelmed, or if they feel that the connection doesn’t serve their true needs, can seem to cut the connection precipitously and “go cold.” They have high standards for significant others. They must feel that they can share their emotions with a significant other without being judged. This is their private world that they share. Relationships can be difficult, because individuals of this subtype will still want their own space and alone time, while at other times will want intense connection. Because the social instinct is least developed, this subtype is not very concerned with how others perceive them (except their intimates). This subtype is deceptive in that they may not seem to be especially intense – until they are engaged in a conversation they find interesting. Then the intensity and emotion become apparent. The internal struggle for this subtype is similar to that of the self-pres/sexual, but more energized and volatile, and getting to know this subtype means getting to know that.

When unhealthy, the energy of the sexual instinct can combine with the dominant type Five fixation to create a very impulsive Eight-like anger. The strength of their convictions can then come out quite forcefully."

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
https://oceanmoonshine9.wordpress.com/nine-stacks/

This describes my ISFP wife. Compare this 9 Sx description with that of the "Mystic" in the OP chart. It doesn't even match up.

Sexual/Self-pres

The energy of the sexual instinct is at odds with the dominant type Nine energy and makes for a conflicted subtype. These Nines can appear to have a stronger connection to Three, for this reason. The assertive fiery energy engages in a constant push-pull with the calm peace-seeking energy of the Nine. This subtype can have an intense relationship with their environment. They are often drawn to solo sports or to an active engagement with nature that involves some risk and exertion. These Nines are drawn to peak experiences. They might enjoy outdoor solo sports or engaging in nature by way of hiking, rock climbing etc.

With the social instinct last in the stacking, there can be an on/off quality when it comes to relating and these Nines are often somewhat moodier than the other subtypes. As with the self-pres/sexual, this subtype might not engage socially with the same smoothness as other subtypes of Nine. They seem to go towards others in a staccato fashion – they connect in bursts, then withdraw.

When it comes to intimate relationships, this subtype can be needy. The merging of the Nine combines with the intensity of the sexual instinct to create a subtype that will always be in danger of losing themselves in a relationship. Their boundaries for themselves and their partner can become blurred which can lead to conflicts. This subtype might have a hard time judging clearly the degree to which they have merged.​

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
does anyone know who wrote the oceanmoonshine descriptions or what happened to them? [MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION]

the usual social 5 descriptions are so different from their description of the so/sx 5.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
does anyone know who wrote the oceanmoonshine descriptions or what happened to them? [MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION]

the usual social 5 descriptions are so different from their description of the so/sx 5.

The link is in my post above here. I don't know who wrote them. I like the new descriptions because some of the old ones were a bit truncated. For example, the type 5 Sp/Sx description had only one or two lines.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
y'all need some Naranjo up in here. the actual titles are:
Self Preservation 1: "Worry"
Social 1: "Non-Adaptability"
Sexual 1: "Zeal"
Self Preservation 2: "Privilege"
Social 2: "Ambition"
Sexual 2: "Aggression/Seduction"
Self Preservation 3: "Security"
Social 3: "Prestige"
Sexual 3: "Charisma"
Self Preservation 4: "Tenacity"
Social 4: "Shame"
Sexual 4: "Competition"
Self Preservation 5: "Castle"
Social 5: "Totem"
Sexual 5: "Confidence"
Self Preservation 6: "Warmth"
Social 6: "Duty"
Sexual 6: "Strength/Beauty"
Self Preservation 7: "Keeper of the Castle"
Social 7: "Sacrifice"
Sexual 7: "Suggestibility"
Self Preservation 8: "Satisfaction"
Social 8: "Solidarity"
Sexual 8: "Possession"
Self Preservation 9: "Appetite"
Social 9: "Participation"
Sexual 9: "Fusion"

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I'm a 6 soc, but I agree with the 6 sx the most of all of them.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
4 sp fits me way more than 6 sp according to this chart.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
4 so fits me to a T. If I were a 9, like some people have proposed, I'd have to be the sx dom 9...which doesn't fit me as well I don't think as the 4 so.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I identify with 6, 3, 9, and 1 all sp

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Cooperators" (social 9) is the one I relate to least. The self-preservation nine fits best.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm bon vivant. I'm an sx subtype but that adjective describes me better. That's good ! That was the only adjective written in french :smoke:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
most relate to 9 sp.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Sp 8 - "weight lifters" is a little bit too much macho for me even if description is fairly accurate. Especially supply part.

So 8 - also sounds a lot like me in numerous situations

So are Sp 1, So 5 and Sp 3.

enrapture

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The dramatist? sounds like ughh...but at least there is something about artistic talent..lol