User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    I think sx-last is more about not feeling the need to get to know people (or interests) in great depth; not feeling compelled to "get closer and closer" with chosen object of interest. I think it's more about "sticking to business" instead of following your life's passions. You might be an exciting, interesting person, but at some level, really seeking out deeper levels of intimacy (not sexual intimacy) or that "charge" is just not a priority.
    I'm curious to hear what confirmed sx-lasts think of this, because I've typed as sp/so (4w5) for a while and can't relate at all.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    What is it really like to be sexual last?
    Lots of nights spent knitting alone while catching up on the latest PBS reruns of Arthur and Wishbone.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    I think sx-last is more about not feeling the need to get to know people (or interests) in great depth; not feeling compelled to "get closer and closer" with chosen object of interest. I think it's more about "sticking to business" instead of following your life's passions.
    Sanjuro, I usually agree with you like 99% of the time, but I'm not sure I feel like I agree with this... the few people I know who I think I can pretty solidly identify as sx-last... they are pursuing their life passions, and they do like getting deep with people and interests they care about. But it's like on a much slower timeframe than for people with sx higher, slower and more steady. More cautious about it, more specific about it. It may seem like "taking care of business" from the outside because it's not super infused with intensity, but it can still be infused with dedication and depth of feeling... my sp/so friend I was talking about before is working on her doctorate... and my so/sp best friend is in the middle of training for working with trauma victims... they both care about their life work very deeply and strongly...

I feel like the people who will tend to be led astray from their life passions... will be e2s, e3s, e6s, and e9s - 2s because they're busy taking on others' burdens, 3s because they're trying to impress others, 6s because they're afraid, and 9s because they resist differentiation...

You might be an exciting, interesting person, but at some level, really seeking out deeper levels of intimacy (not sexual intimacy) or that "charge" is just not a priority.
    Yeah...

Maybe an important distinction has to be made between charge/intensity/passion and strength of caring, because sx-last doesn't mean not caring, just not driven by strength of immediate stimulation...

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

I always have 3 or 4 creative ventures at any given moment that I swear I will make the time to do one day.

You know that moment when you're driving on a freeway and you see your exit come up, but there's no way for you to get there, so you just kinda watch it go by? That's what being sx last is like.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    I always have 3 or 4 creative ventures at any given moment that I swear I will make the time to do one day.

You know that moment when you're driving on a freeway and you see your exit come up, but there's no way for you to get there, so you just kinda watch it go by? That's what being sx last is like.
    yup...and then you promise yourself "next exit", merge a lane over, get stuck again, and the cycle continues.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

brainheart

@skylights, what you say makes sense to me. The sexual lasts I know it's more like The Tortoise- slow and steady- while I'm more like The Hare- fits and starts.

As a sexual first, I'm more about the charge I get from something rather than it being productive or conducive to my life goals. I think it's easy for sexual firsts to get off track because you get swept away by your passions, whatever they are. Obsession, compulsion, addiction- these are sexual issues.

MBTI
    NFJ

Feeling insecure when sex is brought up. Not being able to make sexual advances because you get the feeling that it is wrong and you shouldn't be objectifying someone like that for your own enjoyment. Constant frustration without release.

More generally, not being able to interact well with another person, stemming from some mismatch between self and other. Some kind of obsessive pre-occupation with personal boundaries. I want you, but I know you don't want me, so I'll just go and hide ok. Try and find me if you want to, but I know you won't. I stopped looking long ago.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    @skylights, what you say makes sense to me. The sexual lasts I know it's more like The Tortoise- slow and steady- while I'm more like The Hare- fits and starts.

As a sexual first, I'm more about the charge I get from something rather than it being productive or conducive to my life goals. I think it's easy for sexual firsts to get off track because you get swept away by your passions, whatever they are. Obsession, compulsion, addiction- these are sexual issues.
    I think I was a sexual first for a few years in my late teens/early twenties.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Sanjuro, I usually agree with you like 99% of the time, but I'm not sure I feel like I agree with this... the few people I know who I think I can pretty solidly identify as sx-last... they are pursuing their life passions, and they do like getting deep with people and interests they care about. But it's like on a much slower timeframe than for people with sx higher, slower and more steady. More cautious about it, more specific about it. It may seem like "taking care of business" from the outside because it's not super infused with intensity, but it can still be infused with dedication and depth of feeling... my sp/so friend I was talking about before is working on her doctorate... and my so/sp best friend is in the middle of training for working with trauma victims... they both care about their life work very deeply and strongly...

I feel like the people who will tend to be led astray from their life passions... will be e2s, e3s, e6s, and e9s - 2s because they're busy taking on others' burdens, 3s because they're trying to impress others, 6s because they're afraid, and 9s because they resist differentiation...
    Sure, I wouldn't want to imply that sx-lasts have no passion--I know a soc/sp 5 who would contest that to the very end, and I imagine a lot of 4s wouldn't relate to this much, either. But, the last instinct tends to be back-burnered--meaning you do it, but as you've said, in slower motion. We tend to try to cater to the needs of the first two before getting to the third, but that certainly doesn't mean the third instinct doesn't exist.

Or at least, that's what the literature on it states. I get most of my ideas from that.

Quote Originally Posted by decrescendo View Post
    I'm curious to hear what confirmed sx-lasts think of this, because I've typed as sp/so (4w5) for a while and can't relate at all.
    I imagine most sx-last 4s wouldn't relate to ideas of not attending to their inner passion. How would you describe your experience as a sp/soc 4?

(I'm completely content to change my own stacking to sp/soc if you can give me a good enough explanation of it!!)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Quote Originally Posted by decrescendo View Post
    I can't relate at all either. I just think Social primarily, Self-preservation secondly, and Sexual thirdly. It's really not that hard and it doesn't mean I'm an aromantic person without passion or longing for intimacy or whatever. Quite the opposite in fact...