User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default What is it really like to be Social-last?

I'm curious, because I've been trying to figure out my stacking for a while now. I'm pretty sure I'm 3w4, but the stackings are a bit more tricky because parts of both Sx/Sp and Sp/Sx descriptions apply to me.

Can any sx/sp or sp/sx help out?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

most people on this forum have told me i'm likely sx/so buuuut...i'm just really not i don't think.

soooo....i'm just going to speak from that place...i've noticed that i pretty much don't care about what others do or think at all...and i never think to adjust myself to please others ever. i like people...having them around n such...i like groups but i do not see us as a whole or parts of a whole...i do not strive for social harmony...if it means in any way changing my personal agenda. i prefer to do my own thing and in no way feel responsible for how that affects you. i want to be taken as i am and left completely alone to do as i wish....and wouldn't think of asking any different from anyone else. i can be a peacemaker...but it's not for the reasons others might assume. it's just that i think everyone should be allowed to follow their own agenda and set their own priorities. if i say come to my house for dinner at 7....and you don't wanna come till 9...thats fine...doesn't bother me a bit...i won't wait to eat but come whenever you want...and...as a guest...i'd do the same and find it offensive if that offends you.

ha...that sounds totally selfish and bitchy probably but...it's true.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Well, I have never felt the need to join groups of people, I don't seek to know what activities my society is participating in. Instead, I seek personal experiences, if I ever do push beyond my self preservation boundaries. I dislike drinking and going out for this reason, the sole purpose is to unite people as a group, but it's not usually based upon intimacy or comfort. I have gone to big events alone just to see what the experience is like, rather than to feel part of the crowd, or a sense of belonging.
    5 3 9

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Many So-last are attention whore, it's just that the So-territory is not hurt, then the passion of the type does'nt flow in this territory and then don't really develop the emotional habit of the Social subtype of their type, at least not at an insinctive level.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Anew Leaf

For me, it's a sort of cluelessness that goes along with social interactions. All of my social nuances that I have now are through years of study and learning... it doesn't occur to me naturally. I have a sort of "you leave me alone, i am happy to leave you alone" mentality that doesn't sit well with much more socially minded folk. I also find it irritating having to go through social protocol for things I deem irrelevant.

Example, a cousin of mine got married a couple months ago. For various reasons she is not my favorite relative, and for various reasons she hates (but acts fake nice) our side of the family. My immediate desire was to A: not attend and B: not acknowledge this event. I was coerced into attending by my dad, however, I did not get her a gift. If I ever get married, I don't desire any gift or attendance by her, and I literally do not see the point in giving a gift just for the sake of the event. My surly ENTJ SP/SX grandfather got away with not attending via the fact that his invitation didn't contain directions to the wedding. I have a secret dream to someday be him. No one bugs him about this stuff anymore for they have learned it is like talking to a wall.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Recently, I've been thinking that I am a Sp/So and not an Sp/Sx, and a lot of this seems to confirm it...

I might even be a So/Sp because of my desire to belong, but I don't have as much of a "group sense" and I care more about living concerns...
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well, just for my experience:

I'm indifferent to groups. While I seem friendly in a public setting, it's all one-on-one... I engage groups most naturally by engaging individuals one on one, and I have to fight to be interested in things on a "group" level.

I don't tend to have a lot of ambition, and while I like to be known positively, i really don't spend any time trying to enhance my status in a group. I just don't care if I'm the leader, or if the group gives me a special position, or if everyone knows me, as much as I care about doing my thing or building one-on-one connections with people. Networking is also difficult for me; I have to WORK at it, consciously, and hate it the entire time I'm doing it. As long as I have individuals who know and love me, I'm good; group status and group praise is often something I automatically "shrug off" and it rolls off my back.

I just don't really think in terms of a specific "group" level -- I might be broadly humanitarian but don't much enjoy or like smaller designated groups. I think in terms of individuals more naturally.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

it's awesome
    I feel like So-dom and to an extent So-second types have more stress than me because they're so concerned with things outside of their direct sphere of influence (group dynamics, whether or not they are accepted, starving children in Africa). as an Sp/Sx I feel like my desires are a little more focused on areas I have direct control over (safety, hygiene, comfort, financial security). the need for so much outside acceptance and the wide sphere of focus that attending to group dynamics requires would probably really tire me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    Recently, I've been thinking that I am a Sp/So and not an Sp/Sx, and a lot of this seems to confirm it...
    I might even be a So/Sp because of my desire to belong, but I don't have as much of a "group sense" and I care more about living concerns...
    Social Instinct is about the need to belong, be part of something larger than yourself and fulfill your role in the group. a common misconception is that being social makes you "sociable", that So-doms prefer large groups of people or that So doms enjoy useless gossip and chatter. another misconception is that So last do not enjoy socializing
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Cloud of Thunder
    So last 3s tend to be less competitive and more self competitive. the 3s tendency to measure themselves by external standards is also curbed a bit. So last 3s are the least concerned with status. as long as they're doing their thing, looking good doing it and getting what they want, they tend to be happy.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Social Instinct is about the need to belong, be part of something larger than yourself and fulfill your role in the group. a common misconception is that being social makes you "sociable", that So-doms prefer large groups of people or that So doms enjoy useless gossip and chatter. another misconception is that So last do not enjoy socializing
    I feel a need to belong and be something larger than myself, but I don't know what my role in a group is. I'm not so interested in "connecting" with one person though. I tend to prefer doing stuff with one or two other people, but I prefer just hanging out with a group.
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?