• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts What is it really like to be Social-last?

Mephisto

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Social last simply means lack of consciousness in the field of social dynamics. Sp/sx and sx/sp can be socially active, even smooth, because the lack of consciousness goes both ways. Social last can easily be ambitious too, while some so-doms are very nervous in social situation because they see too much.

It is rather like some sp last can be rich and some sx last can have a lot of sex.

themarlins

When I walk into a social setting, I'm thinking about food & a comfortable spot to hang back & just observe. I like to make sure I can be in control of these things. It's funny because at home I'll forget to eat, but I think it's because I know it's there if I want it. I'll think about other people's comforts too though. This becomes like a noise which drowns out the dynamics of people interacting around me.

When I am stuck in the middle of a group, I am uncomfortable and unused to being so involved. It's the most foreign thing to me to see a group interact; the inner workings of it are lost on me. Even online, when threads become this cutesy banter fest between many people, I don't get it. I could never join in. When I interact with people, it can seem like I am singling them out and going at them too intensely. I probably am doing that.... I'm either detached or too heavy, never casual and light enough. Whenever I realize I am out of the loop on something (which is often), it surprises me because I usually didn't even realize there was a loop.

Back to the social setting, my next thought (or sometimes my first) may be, "Am I being noted as intriguing, and is any individual intriguing to me?". I look for individuals & one-on-one connections. I'll find myself drawn to one person and will hyper-aware of them & only them. Sometimes, I think I am so aware of them they must feel it, like the air has changed. Yet, I am oblivious to all others and imagine they are oblivious to me. Sometimes, I think I might seem clingy because I zero in on the same individual people socially. I fail massively at networking, but then I don't even try.

When I talk to people, it's either very indifferent or intense. I have a hard time finding that socially smooth middle ground. I make horrible first impressions. More people notice me and remember me than I'd ever dream of; I imagine myself invisible. But then, I like to dress a bit funky, and I think a part of me is preening to draw interesting people to me. There's no social status aspect, and I can fail to be appropriate at times too.

So the primary focus is my personal comfort and independence, then making those intense, one-on-one connections with individuals, and usually at the expense of smooth social skills and awareness of what is regular interaction.

^This.

themarlins

sx/sp... extremely blunt, straight to the point, and dont care too much about what others think.

Let the chips fall where they may

G

Ginkgo

I see a person and I don't care what their social status is. I scarcely care for mine either. The only reason I would ever want to establish some sort of... special social identity, is to save my own hide. This rarely happens as I tend to get by without even regarding status, and sometimes without even regarding levels of respect. I just don't give a damn. I can form my own opinions about you and myself. Thank you very much.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sx/sp... extremely blunt, straight to the point, and dont care too much about what others think.

It's an overgeneralisation, sometime they're like that yes, sometime the complete opposite of that.

[youtube=B5P9reqyzHY]Carla Bruni Sx/Sp[/youtube]
[youtube=ANJGTyZ6v_A]Mary Weiss Sx/Sp[/youtube]
[youtube=hMlqAsECRgc]Emmanuelle Béart Sx/Sp[/youtube]
[youtube=k6wKJKpQlyc]Marilyn Monroe Sx/Sp[/youtube]
[youtube=sY4Ji853bas]Mariah Carey Sx/Sp[/youtube]

Also, it's an overgeneralization to say that So-last are indepedant and don't care about what people think, many are attention whore, very sensitive to criticism ror have a dependant personality dosorder, they just don't have the impulse to be enlarge by a larger group, which is different.

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Let the chips fall where they may

So a So/Sx 8w7 would be softer than a 9w1 Sx/Sp lol...

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Being blunt doesnt mean you are "hard". soc last just means you are straight forward and pay less attention to group norms.

Sorry but this is wrong. A phobic 6w7 Sp/Sx will be likely pay a lot of attention to group norms, an antisocial 7w8 So/Sx will not. Being social is not about "paying attention to group norms".

Thinkist

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm pretty good socially but in groups I trust, the thing is I can be very outgoing in these groups I trust and very self preserved in groups I don't trust. In public I am very SP with friends I am Sx/so variant. I think the one thing that makes being an SP so great is the inability to be convinced and fooled so easily.

Same here, as another ISTP Sp/Sx. My group dymanics skills suck, possibly even with groups of people I know well, and especially compared to being one-on-one with someone.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I strongly relate to so-last and sx-last. What does this mean? I'm just sp? :huh:

Well, you DID say yourself that you were asexual. Perhaps that's due to a low hormone level?

Silveresque

Well, you DID say yourself that you were asexual. Perhaps that's due to a low hormone level?

Yeah, I've wondered how that would affect my variant. I think based on descriptions my variant should be sp/sx, but my asexuality makes that questionable. The system wasn't exactly made with asexuals in mind.

I've read that asexuality has nothing to do with hormone levels, though I'm no expert. :shrug:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So-last to me means never having to think about society's expectations on me. So that saves me energy to think about only those things that I want to do.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So-last to me means never having to think about society's expectations on me. So that saves me energy to think about only those things that I want to do.

That just means being individualistic. In this case, me and tons of So-first and So-second would be So-last, it's not the case.

Actually, being So-last is like being the general Maximus from Gladiator (a 8w9 Sx/Sp). You can be strong, you can be tough, and you serve the Empire dutifully because it serves your ideal, but when the emperor ask you to success him, you refuse because you are inconfortable with social management and are unconfortable about being enlarged and empowered toward a larger social sphere.

But you can be exellent at social management and getting empowerment toward the social realm without think about society's expectations and being completely individualistic.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's an overgeneralisation, sometime they're like that yes, sometime the complete opposite of that.

[youtube=B5P9reqyzHY]Carla Bruni Sx/Sp[/youtube]

Thank you, after watching that video I'm completely sure that I'm Sx/Sp. Also, now I can't help but like Carla Bruni. I agree with everything she was trying to say and I felt bad by the pressure they were putting on her and also the fact I understand what's in her head but I don't think she was very good at expressing it and I almost feel as if those people thought she was stupid. Oh well.... :)

oopskirgy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Well, just for my experience:

I'm indifferent to groups. While I seem friendly in a public setting, it's all one-on-one... I engage groups most naturally by engaging individuals one on one, and I have to fight to be interested in things on a "group" level.

I'm an INFJ 9w1 sp/sx and this is so me. I dislike going to parties unless I will know a few people or else I won't have anyone to talk to---since making new friends isn't exactly my forte. I think sp/sx and sx/sp are more likely to be on the outskirts of the group in social situations, mingling here and there but never pulling attention from a crowd.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm an INFJ 9w1 sp/sx and this is so me. I dislike going to parties unless I will know a few people or else I won't have anyone to talk to---since making new friends isn't exactly my forte. I think sp/sx and sx/sp are more likely to be on the outskirts of the group in social situations, mingling here and there but never pulling attention from a crowd.

That's definitely how I feel. I just wrote in my blog this week that I didn't realize I actually had a SO place in my workplace until I stepped back and observed. People actually include me, say hi to me from across the room and the hall, invite me to gatherings... but I wasn't even aware of it because it didn't really fill any core drives. All that can be happening, but I can still feel very alone and unhappy, if I'm not making personal one-on-one connections with people.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Apparently I'm Sx/Sp and this is because I've discovered that in spite of my Fe-aux I'm horribly bad in social situations and don't care for what society thinks of me. I'm also more interested in the individuals making up a social group and if I don't relate or connect with any individual in that group, I get uncomfortable and leave.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm very much in tune with my desires as an sx/sp. In a social situation, I'm looking for someone that interests me. If I can't find that person, I tend to turn inwards, or leave. Going out really has one of two purposes: 1) to hook up or 2) to seek out intense sensation. Honestly, my ideal social situation is a small group of people I already know, preferably at someone's home. While I generally abhor socializing for it's own sake, it's funny that I can really "turn it on" when I want to. I know how to be the absolute center of attention when I want to be.

Speaking more generally, I'm not very self-conscious. I find that the sp-side gets more pronounced when my sx needs are met. Otherwise the desire for connection will drive me to distraction. My connections with others tend to be very much one-on-one. I have a handful of incredibly close friends whom I love dearly. I've been told that I'm hard to get to know, which is alright with me. I can be fairly self-centered without meaning to be.

I've spoken at length about what being an sx/sp is like elsewhere. Might be helpful to the OP.