User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/sp

Social last simply means lack of consciousness in the field of social dynamics. Sp/sx and sx/sp can be socially active, even smooth, because the lack of consciousness goes both ways. Social last can easily be ambitious too, while some so-doms are very nervous in social situation because they see too much.

It is rather like some sp last can be rich and some sx last can have a lot of sex.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    When I walk into a social setting, I'm thinking about food & a comfortable spot to hang back & just observe. I like to make sure I can be in control of these things. It's funny because at home I'll forget to eat, but I think it's because I know it's there if I want it. I'll think about other people's comforts too though. This becomes like a noise which drowns out the dynamics of people interacting around me.

When I am stuck in the middle of a group, I am uncomfortable and unused to being so involved. It's the most foreign thing to me to see a group interact; the inner workings of it are lost on me. Even online, when threads become this cutesy banter fest between many people, I don't get it. I could never join in. When I interact with people, it can seem like I am singling them out and going at them too intensely. I probably am doing that.... I'm either detached or too heavy, never casual and light enough. Whenever I realize I am out of the loop on something (which is often), it surprises me because I usually didn't even realize there was a loop.

Back to the social setting, my next thought (or sometimes my first) may be, "Am I being noted as intriguing, and is any individual intriguing to me?". I look for individuals & one-on-one connections. I'll find myself drawn to one person and will hyper-aware of them & only them. Sometimes, I think I am so aware of them they must feel it, like the air has changed. Yet, I am oblivious to all others and imagine they are oblivious to me. Sometimes, I think I might seem clingy because I zero in on the same individual people socially. I fail massively at networking, but then I don't even try.

When I talk to people, it's either very indifferent or intense. I have a hard time finding that socially smooth middle ground. I make horrible first impressions. More people notice me and remember me than I'd ever dream of; I imagine myself invisible. But then, I like to dress a bit funky, and I think a part of me is preening to draw interesting people to me. There's no social status aspect, and I can fail to be appropriate at times too.

So the primary focus is my personal comfort and independence, then making those intense, one-on-one connections with individuals, and usually at the expense of smooth social skills and awareness of what is regular interaction.
    ^This.

sx/sp... extremely blunt, straight to the point, and dont care too much about what others think.

Let the chips fall where they may

Ginkgo

I see a person and I don't care what their social status is. I scarcely care for mine either. The only reason I would ever want to establish some sort of... special social identity, is to save my own hide. This rarely happens as I tend to get by without even regarding status, and sometimes without even regarding levels of respect. I just don't give a damn. I can form my own opinions about you and myself. Thank you very much.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by themarlins View Post
    sx/sp... extremely blunt, straight to the point, and dont care too much about what others think.
    It's an overgeneralisation, sometime they're like that yes, sometime the complete opposite of that.

[youtube=B5P9reqyzHY]Carla Bruni Sx/Sp[/youtube]
    [youtube=ANJGTyZ6v_A]Mary Weiss Sx/Sp[/youtube]
    [youtube=hMlqAsECRgc]Emmanuelle Béart Sx/Sp[/youtube]
    [youtube=k6wKJKpQlyc]Marilyn Monroe Sx/Sp[/youtube]
    [youtube=sY4Ji853bas]Mariah Carey Sx/Sp[/youtube]

Also, it's an overgeneralization to say that So-last are indepedant and don't care about what people think, many are attention whore, very sensitive to criticism ror have a dependant personality dosorder, they just don't have the impulse to be enlarge by a larger group, which is different.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

I strongly relate to so-last and sx-last. What does this mean? I'm just sp?

MBTI
    IxFP

Let the chips fall where they may

So a So/Sx 8w7 would be softer than a 9w1 Sx/Sp lol...

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

"Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by Richardsen View Post
    So a So/Sx 8w7 would be softer than a 9w1 Sx/Sp lol...
    Being blunt doesnt mean you are "hard". soc last just means you are straight forward and pay less attention to group norms.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Being blunt doesnt mean you are "hard". soc last just means you are straight forward and pay less attention to group norms.
    Sorry but this is wrong. A phobic 6w7 Sp/Sx will be likely pay a lot of attention to group norms, an antisocial 7w8 So/Sx will not. Being social is not about "paying attention to group norms".
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I'm pretty good socially but in groups I trust, the thing is I can be very outgoing in these groups I trust and very self preserved in groups I don't trust. In public I am very SP with friends I am Sx/so variant. I think the one thing that makes being an SP so great is the inability to be convinced and fooled so easily.
    Same here, as another ISTP Sp/Sx. My group dymanics skills suck, possibly even with groups of people I know well, and especially compared to being one-on-one with someone.
    Thinkist: not optimist nor pessimist. I am primarily competent in the enneagram.
    SX 9w1, SP 5w6, SP 3w4 | Split with the first two
    Ti-Se-Si-Ni-Te-Fi-Ne-Fe. I'm always questioning this, particularly the Si.
    Big 5/Global5/SLOAN: RCUEX