First 1234 Last

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

For me, I have an awareness of what my role is in the group, but I tend to feel somehow removed from it, inside my own head. I tend to be pretty independent in this case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Well, just for my experience:

I'm indifferent to groups. While I seem friendly in a public setting, it's all one-on-one... I engage groups most naturally by engaging individuals one on one, and I have to fight to be interested in things on a "group" level.

I don't tend to have a lot of ambition, and while I like to be known positively, i really don't spend any time trying to enhance my status in a group. I just don't care if I'm the leader, or if the group gives me a special position, or if everyone knows me, as much as I care about doing my thing or building one-on-one connections with people. Networking is also difficult for me; I have to WORK at it, consciously, and hate it the entire time I'm doing it. As long as I have individuals who know and love me, I'm good; group status and group praise is often something I automatically "shrug off" and it rolls off my back.

I just don't really think in terms of a specific "group" level -- I might be broadly humanitarian but don't much enjoy or like smaller designated groups. I think in terms of individuals more naturally.
    This. Being part of a group or social dynamic almost never occurs to me. Social-first or -second people annoy me when they harp on about "the world" or "the community", because I generally don't care about the world or the community. I think such an emphasis dishonors the individual.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @Cloud of Thunder
    So last 3s tend to be less competitive and more self competitive. the 3s tendency to measure themselves by external standards is also curbed a bit. So last 3s are the least concerned with status. as long as they're doing their thing, looking good doing it and getting what they want, they tend to be happy.
    In that case, I think I might be a Social-last 3w4 after all.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"Because the social instinct is least developed, this subtype is not very concerned with how others perceive them (except their intimates)."

Yes and no. I am aware of how other perceive me. I can be concerned without having to take action to amend the situation. I think people are just judgmental and have nothing better to do than to focus on mere appearances. That being said, I don't look like a homeless person either. I dress according to my personal values and those are high enough to get me by socially.

This also plays into wider societal mores. I didn't get married for the social appearances. I don't like any fakeness. I don't read books that I feel others have to approve of first. They can all just F-off. Or maybe "Fe"-off would be better. If they don't like it then I guess I'll have to be a loner.

"This subtype is deceptive in that they may not seem to be especially intense - until they are engaged in a conversation they find interesting. Then the intensity and emotion become apparent."

That's why peeps here disagreed when I decided to go with Sx/Sp.

"The internal struggle for this subtype is similar to that of the self-pres/sexual, but more energized and volatile, and getting to know this subtype means getting to know that."

That's right, adapt to me and then maybe we can talk.

Edit - Ok, so I'm not really that bad, that sounds more like my boss. I adjust accordingly when I want something.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    "Because the social instinct is least developed, this subtype is not very concerned with how others perceive them (except their intimates)."

Yes and no. I am aware of how other perceive me. I can be concerned without having to take action to amend the situation. I think people are just judgmental and have nothing better to do than to focus on mere appearances. That being said, I don't look like a homeless person either. I dress according to my personal values and those are high enough to get me by socially.

This also plays into wider societal mores. I didn't get married for the social appearances. I don't like any fakeness. I don't read books that I feel others have to approve of first. They can all just F-off. Or maybe "Fe"-off would be better. If they don't like it then I guess I'll have to be a loner.

"This subtype is deceptive in that they may not seem to be especially intense - until they are engaged in a conversation they find interesting. Then the intensity and emotion become apparent."

That's why peeps here disagreed when I decided to go with Sx/Sp.

"The internal struggle for this subtype is similar to that of the self-pres/sexual, but more energized and volatile, and getting to know this subtype means getting to know that."

That's right, adapt to me and then maybe we can talk.

Edit - Ok, so I'm not really that bad, that sounds more like my boss. I adjust accordingly when I want something.
    I think you're Sp/Sx
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I think you're Sp/Sx
    Would you be shocked to find out that I'm not that?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Would you be shocked to find out that I'm not that?
    no, I don't know you in person after all
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

there are a select few people in my life that i value a lot, but i have problems understanding the dynamics of social groups or playing politics with people. in group situations, like parties, i tend to cling to one or two people that i came there with. i like meeting new people (sometimes), but not because of new connections or the social value they bring, but because they interest me or entertain me. i want to be respected by people i care about, but apart from that i have no desire to be popular or well-known. i like being under the radar better, because it gives me more freedom. i'm aware of social etiquette and things that are expected of me, and try to follow them sometimes, but it's a struggle and isn't a priority for me at all. nor do i expect other people i interact me to follow them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

When I walk into a social setting, I'm thinking about food & a comfortable spot to hang back & just observe. I like to make sure I can be in control of these things. It's funny because at home I'll forget to eat, but I think it's because I know it's there if I want it. I'll think about other people's comforts too though. This becomes like a noise which drowns out the dynamics of people interacting around me.

When I am stuck in the middle of a group, I am uncomfortable and unused to being so involved. It's the most foreign thing to me to see a group interact; the inner workings of it are lost on me. Even online, when threads become this cutesy banter fest between many people, I don't get it. I could never join in. When I interact with people, it can seem like I am singling them out and going at them too intensely. I probably am doing that.... I'm either detached or too heavy, never casual and light enough. Whenever I realize I am out of the loop on something (which is often), it surprises me because I usually didn't even realize there was a loop.

Back to the social setting, my next thought (or sometimes my first) may be, "Am I being noted as intriguing, and is any individual intriguing to me?". I look for individuals & one-on-one connections. I'll find myself drawn to one person and will hyper-aware of them & only them. Sometimes, I think I am so aware of them they must feel it, like the air has changed. Yet, I am oblivious to all others and imagine they are oblivious to me. Sometimes, I think I might seem clingy because I zero in on the same individual people socially. I fail massively at networking, but then I don't even try.

When I talk to people, it's either very indifferent or intense. I have a hard time finding that socially smooth middle ground. I make horrible first impressions. More people notice me and remember me than I'd ever dream of; I imagine myself invisible. But then, I like to dress a bit funky, and I think a part of me is preening to draw interesting people to me. There's no social status aspect, and I can fail to be appropriate at times too.

So the primary focus is my personal comfort and independence, then making those intense, one-on-one connections with individuals, and usually at the expense of smooth social skills and awareness of what is regular interaction.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Permabanned

I'm pretty good socially but in groups I trust, the thing is I can be very outgoing in these groups I trust and very self preserved in groups I don't trust. In public I am very SP with friends I am Sx/so variant. I think the one thing that makes being an SP so great is the inability to be convinced and fooled so easily.