User Tag List

12 Last

Default What is the sp/sx all about?

What do you sp/sx's think of this description? Can you tell me in what areas you would disagree with and perhaps interpret some of what it says?

"I can establish an orderly, comfortable, and self-sufficient life by striving for intense pursuits and deep relationships."
    Motivation: to explore new ways to maintain a secure and comfortable living.
    Appearance: self-absorbed, wistful, calm, withdrawn, internally intense.
    Role: soloist, artistan, crafstman, mercenary, sensualist, hedonist.

This type has a quiet, earthy but mysterious quality. They are intense within their minds, but may seem withdrawn to others. They may enter new relationships for the novelty, but they are slow to commit for they wish to avoid getting hurt. For the few interpersonal bonds they form, their loyalty is unbreakable, as their alliances make them feel secure. They attach to others at an organic level, as opposed to the sp/so's formality. They are often unaware of the social dynamics and goals of a group, but they can read an individual with accuracy. When they sense their well-being is in jeopardy, they either completely withdraw or confront the danger head-on. Many have an appetite for wild adventures, which they view as learning experiences. They see their home as a refuge, and they take pride in decorating their surroundings.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I think it's an excellent description. What part would you wanted interpreted? I'll help if I can.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by elranger1 View Post
    What do you sp/sx's think of this description? Can you tell me in what areas you would disagree with and perhaps interpret some of what it says?

"I can establish an orderly, comfortable, and self-sufficient life by striving for intense pursuits and deep relationships."

This type has a quiet, earthy but mysterious quality. They are intense within their minds, but may seem withdrawn to others. They may enter new relationships for the novelty, but they are slow to commit for they wish to avoid getting hurt. For the few interpersonal bonds they form, their loyalty is unbreakable, as their alliances make them feel secure. They attach to others at an organic level, as opposed to the sp/so's formality. They are often unaware of the social dynamics and goals of a group, but they can read an individual with accuracy. When they sense their well-being is in jeopardy, they either completely withdraw or confront the danger head-on. Many have an appetite for wild adventures, which they view as learning experiences. They see their home as a refuge, and they take pride in decorating their surroundings.
    definitely.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

That sounds pretty accurate.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Agree with all of the above, nothing to interpret or disagree with, that pretty much sums it up.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

I don't know that I'd call myself earthy or mysterious, but I do relate to a lot of that. Esp the part of either fleeing or facing danger head on and the 'appetite for wild adventures.' I love thrills as long as I'm not actually threatened.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

It isn't bad. Kind of sexy in a way. I'm not sure what it means to attach at an organic level. Actually, I can think of one way but that probably isn't what they mean.

What do they mean?

MBTI
    intp

It's mostly accurate. The part in bold is the only part that doesn't jive with me, as it suggests that "striving for intense pursuits and deep relationships" is a means to orderly, comfortable self-sufficiency. It would be nice to satisfy one drive by means of pursuing the other, but that runs counter to my experience of having these 2 as competing, opposing forces, where the full satisfaction of one frustrates the satisfaction of the other.
    /can't get no satisfaction.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

"Intense pursuits" -- I get completely wrapped up in anything I take an interest in. I don't take any real interest in most things, so when something gets my attention, I want to know all about it, want to eat, sleep, dream it, talk to other people about it, go to experts about it, etc. Interests become all-consuming. This makes me really happy.

"Deep relationships" -- same thing, really. I don't understand casual friendships; for example, some people have groups of friends they do things with, but they don't really know each other as individuals all that well, or have any deep bond. I get to know a very few people at a very deep level, and a few of those I incorporate into my life ("attach at an organic level") in such a way that I would feel like I'd lost an arm or leg if I lost them. This also makes me happy, makes me feel secure, to have long-term, stable, deep relationships, people who know me extremely well, the good and the bad, and I know them in that way, too, especially over years. The longer a relationship lasts, the better I like it. It becomes an institution in my mind, something I can trust and count on -- all the things that go with knowing someone well over a long period, the shared jokes and references, the being able to know what happens to that person emotionally in different circumstances, what their triggers are, what it is like to be around them, the more I know, the more I like it.

It's also true about entering new relationships for the novelty -- in my last one, I thought it was just goofing off, mainly, and didn't realize it meant something to him. When he made that clear, I remember standing in the shower and realizing I had to make a decision about whether I was going to do this or not. Because I knew he was moving in the next year or so, I decided to commit to it for that time period, since it was a defined stretch of time and the relationship would come to an easy, natural end when he moved. It was very intense. He moved. That is all. I'm back to my normal, my comfort zone, my few people I am attached to, my solitary pursuits.

The thing about avoiding or confronting -- for some reason a fly swatter comes to mind. Say there's a fly in the room, annoying everybody, and they all talk about the fly buzzing and being annoying, and people try to catch it or shoo it or whatever. Eventually I get up, pick up the flyswatter, smack the fly dead, sit back down and go back to my book. It's like that. If there's a danger and I can see a way to stop it, I just do it. Sometimes it looks like impulse and I seem brave and crazy, but it only looks that way. Inside, I've been studying the thing and figuring out what to do. When I figure it out, I get up and do it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Do you know of a similar description for the Sx/Sp? I'm trying to hash out the main differences.