User Tag List

First 12

Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    "Deep relationships" -- same thing, really. I don't understand casual friendships; for example, some people have groups of friends they do things with, but they don't really know each other as individuals all that well, or have any deep bond. I get to know a very few people at a very deep level, and a few of those I incorporate into my life ("attach at an organic level") in such a way that I would feel like I'd lost an arm or leg if I lost them. This also makes me happy, makes me feel secure, to have long-term, stable, deep relationships, people who know me extremely well, the good and the bad, and I know them in that way, too, especially over years. The longer a relationship lasts, the better I like it. It becomes an institution in my mind, something I can trust and count on -- all the things that go with knowing someone well over a long period, the shared jokes and references, the being able to know what happens to that person emotionally in different circumstances, what their triggers are, what it is like to be around them, the more I know, the more I like it.
    Hmm...I don't relate to this part of your post.
    I understand casual friendships...and that's the type of friendship I'm comfortable with.
    Apart from family, I try not to develop such emotional dependence on anyone. When people tell me they consider me a close friend, I feel a bit uneasy. They'll have expections now. It's a commitment of some sort.
    I try to not NEED anyone...

What does that make me?
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Yes, excellent description. The only part I don't really agree with for myself is this: "They may enter new relationships for the novelty, but they are slow to commit for they wish to avoid getting hurt." Part of my issue in that regard would be that if I enter a new relationship (at least if this is referring to romantic relationships), I'm probably already feeling semi-committed.

I'm not sure I have an appetite for WILD adventures, but adventures, yes, most definitely. It might sound weird, but I prefer adventures which also have a foundation of safety. Ie. certain basic things are in place (like I have a place to stay when travelling); or I'm with a person who I feel will protect me; etc. But I love to have fun and explore, especially intellectually and culturally, and travel-wise.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

sp/sx: Comes out as somewhat heavy and gloomy, or cool and detached. Often gives out a suffocating and insular vibe, as if their internal world is wrapped around by an impermeable membrane. Strong sensory impressions designed to awake sexuality. Makes one want to linger on one or two lines forever.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    Hmm...I don't relate to this part of your post.
    I understand casual friendships...and that's the type of friendship I'm comfortable with.
    Apart from family, I try not to develop such emotional dependence on anyone. When people tell me they consider me a close friend, I feel a bit uneasy. They'll have expections now. It's a commitment of some sort.
    I try to not NEED anyone...

What does that make me?
    - Sp dom
    - 5 (or 8, but you don't seem like that)
    - introvert
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    - Sp dom
    - 5 (or 8, but you don't seem like that)
    - introvert
    So would that make Tiltyred Sx dom?
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

So would that make Tiltyred Sx dom?
    no
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    It isn't bad. Kind of sexy in a way. I'm not sure what it means to attach at an organic level. Actually, I can think of one way but that probably isn't what they mean.

What do they mean?
    I like that part of the description a lot. I think it's giving a sense of a deep connection that is hard to budge, but still ALIVE and growing with that person, not some burdensome attachment that stagnates their growth as an individual. It gives the sense of something natural, not forced.

There's another description with very similar wording (see below). The sentence before it clarifies the meaning of "organic, root level". I think it means sp/sx types connect to people more deeply than they'd imagine we could because we may seem a bit detached and independent on the surface. We may also know people better & more deeply than they imagined, on a level they were not aware they had even revealed to us.

Quote Originally Posted by http://ocean-moonshine.net/e142857369/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page &PAGE_id=42&MMN_position=80:80//
    sp/sx
    These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are quietly intense, but to others may seem oblivious to the greater social world around them, instead favoring personal interests. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other's condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant's surface formality. Somewhat hesitant to enter new relationships, they instead preserve the select few enduring bonds they carefully form along the way. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.

Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.

Familiar Roles: the mate, the mystic, the quiet supporter.

Examples: George Harrison, Jackie Onassis, Eric Clapton, Emily Dickinson
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

"I can establish an orderly, comfortable, and self-sufficient life by striving for intense pursuits and deep relationships."
    Motivation: to explore new ways to maintain a secure and comfortable living.
    Appearance: self-absorbed, wistful, calm, withdrawn, internally intense.
    Role: soloist, artistan, crafstman, mercenary, sensualist, hedonist.

This type has a quiet, earthy but mysterious quality. They are intense within their minds, but may seem withdrawn to others. They may enter new relationships for the novelty, but they are slow to commit for they wish to avoid getting hurt. For the few interpersonal bonds they form, their loyalty is unbreakable, as their alliances make them feel secure. They attach to others at an organic level, as opposed to the sp/so's formality. They are often unaware of the social dynamics and goals of a group, but they can read an individual with accuracy. When they sense their well-being is in jeopardy, they either completely withdraw or confront the danger head-on. Many have an appetite for wild adventures, which they view as learning experiences. They see their home as a refuge, and they take pride in decorating their surroundings.
    The first paragraph description, about establishing an orderly, comfortable, and self-sufficient life is accurate for me. The appearance half, self-absorbed, wistful, calm, withdrawn, internally intense, is dead on.

When it comes to new relationships, I don't take them for granted because I value close relationships, but I am quite slow to warm up. I don't want to get hurt, but once I do form a close bond with someone, it's intensely loyal. I am pretty aware of social dynamics and goals of a group, but often I feel that I am a bit too individualistic. When things get tough for me, and I feel that things may put me in danger, I confront it, or withdraw from the situation completely. I don't quite have an appetite for wild adventures though. I'm not interested in things that put me physically or emotionally in danger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by elranger1 View Post
    What is the sp/sx all about?
    Food!

Jokes aside the description is OK for me.

Quote Originally Posted by elranger1 View Post
    They see their home as a refuge, and they take pride in decorating their surroundings.
    Decoration isn't a matter of pride! I want my place cozy.

MBTI
    ENFP

What does that make me?
    Maybe sp/so?