User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Remember, it's not about behaviour - it's about motive and needs.
    If I think about which instincts motivate me the most...I could see myself as so/sx or so/sp. So affects me the most because I'm so worried about how everything I say/do will be perceived by others. Sp issues come up more often than sx issues for me, so I notice them more often. But sx issues interest me more and I would give them a higher priority.

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Also wth, you're a 6 now?
    Lol. It's December now, so I had to pick the next type of the month. (Just kidding ) I think 6's motivations fit me best. I still can't see 9's motivations in me, and I don't think I do enough knowledge collecting to be a 5. I keep changing my mind though. :P

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

There was a thread a while back asking a "what if" scenario in relation to your instincts that is quite interesting:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ario-game.html

4w5 sp/sx EII

Enneagram
    5w4

@RevlisZero
    This is just an observation and I hope it doesn't affect how you act in forums. I repeat, just an observation. For someone who claims that she's taking a risk everytime she starts a thread, you sure start a lot of them - many of them asking the same questions too. Perhaps you're more socially comfortable than you think...?

Anyway, which of these two lines is more true?
    You actively seek/avoid intimacy.
    OR
    You actively seek/avoid social acceptance.

Here, "active" = conscious effort, even if it's just in your mind.

I have a feeling you'll say something like, "Both. There are times I ....... and there are other times I .........."
    It's an easy question. Which one is more true?

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    There was a thread a while back asking a "what if" scenario in relation to your instincts that is quite interesting:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ario-game.html

Just did it.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    Just did it.
    Just wondering... if you're an sx/sp, if you find true love, would you follow him to the end of the world even if it includes both of you living in mild poverty for the rest of your lives?

I'm just asking because this will be a tough question for me, but in the end I think "No" will win. I need to be safe and secure first (and to be able to afford enough comfort -- which is, to be honest, not a lot) before I even think about love. I like fantasizing about giving it all up for romance and drama, but I will probably never do it.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Enneagram
    5w4

Just wondering... if you're an sx/sp, if you find true love, would you follow him to the end of the world even if it includes both of you living in mild poverty for the rest of your lives?

I'm just asking because this will be a tough question for me, but in the end I think "No" will win. I need to be safe and secure first (and to be able to afford enough comfort -- which is, to be honest, not a lot) before I even think about love. I like fantasizing about giving it all up for romance and drama, but I will probably never do it.
    Wow...if I find true love, eh? Mild poverty as well? Actually, that sounds quite romantic. I would do that if I truly believed he loved me and wouldn't abandon me for someone else. Again, for me, trust and fear of rejection is the hurdle - my main concern.
    That actually wasn't hard for me to answer.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

This is just an observation and I hope it doesn't affect how you act in forums. I repeat, just an observation. For someone who claims that she's taking a risk everytime she starts a thread, you sure start a lot of them - many of them asking the same questions too. Perhaps you're more socially comfortable than you think...?
    It's painful every time, especially if nobody responds.

Anyway, which of these two lines is more true?
    You actively seek/avoid intimacy.
    OR
    You actively seek/avoid social acceptance.

Here, "active" = conscious effort, even if it's just in your mind.

I have a feeling you'll say something like, "Both. There are times I ....... and there are other times I .........."
    It's an easy question. Which one is more true?
    You actively seek/avoid intimacy. - Neither. I want it, but I don't know how to get it. If I knew how, and found the right person, then I would actively seek it.
    You actively seek/avoid social acceptance. - Hmm...not sure. I'm kind of invisible, and I prefer it that way, so I'm not sure "actively seek" are the right words. But I don't want to be disliked either, so I guess I avoid social rejection.

It's not an easy question if neither fits. I think part of being a phobic 6 is desiring but not actively seeking.

In a heartbeat. If he's the right guy, it's worth it. I know this question wasn't for me, but I felt like answering anyways. :P

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Would you mind elaborating on why you think depending too much on a person is dangerous? Dangerous in what way?
    For me, it's:
    - being vulnerable and emotionally dependent. Better off not expecting much. Safer to rely on myself for any stability because I'm all I have.
    - other people's expectations scare me and I doubt I can live up to them. I'd rather not give someone that opportunity to be disappointed with me and reject me. At least my ego will be kept in tact.
    - I don't trust people to stay with me. Loyalty is a nice concept, but hardly realistic. Perhaps I'm way too cynical. I'm of the mind that any guy who chooses me will easily leave me when someone better comes along.
    So that goes back to my first point - I'm the only one I can rely on...assuming I don't decide to give up on myself.
    My motives for not trusting people too much are more or less the same. I always think that, on the long term, everybody (including myself) can betray, fail or abandon those that depend on him/her. So detaching from people is a way to prepare myself for the end of the relationship, which will happen sooner or later.
    I've had indeed very strong and exclusive friendships that I put above the rest of my relationships (that's why I know that I'm Sx first, and not So, for example), but there's always been some caution in the background; the thought that, no matter how strong these relationships would look, at the end I was really on my own.

Many times, however, the distance I put between people and myself it's not even the result of mistrust; it's just that I'm unable to connect with them. If I have no problem with one-night stands, it's not because I'm comfortable with sex; it's because I see sex in itself just as a mechanical act, no feelings involved. When it comes to "love talking", flirting or the like, I feel extremely awkward. But I suppose this has more to do with the general inability of type 5's to handle feelings, rather than with sp instinct.
    you will hear one ugly voice and see one ugly spirit
    is made of ugly old prerecordings the more you run the tapes through and cut them up the less power they will have
    cut the prerecordings into air into thin air (The Ticket that Exploded- William Burroughs)

Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    It's painful every time, especially if nobody responds.

You actively seek/avoid intimacy. - Neither. I want it, but I don't know how to get it. If I knew how, and found the right person, then I would actively seek it.
    You actively seek/avoid social acceptance. - Hmm...not sure. I'm kind of invisible, and I prefer it that way, so I'm not sure "actively seek" are the right words. But I don't want to be disliked either, so I guess I avoid social rejection.

It's not an easy question if neither fits. I think part of being a phobic 6 is desiring but not actively seeking.
    Ok, cool. But I wasn't asking you to choose "seek" or "avoid" for either line. I wanted you to choose between the top and the second line.

I just want to know which preoccupies your mind more frequently - intimacy or social rejection/acceptance. I don't care whether you're seeking or avoiding because, as far as instincts are concerned, they're just two sides of the same coin.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI