Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    I can see this since online, I'm very cautious who I connect with when it comes to the online environment. Had some very bad experiences in the past.
    I know just what you mean.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    hah. I am so definitely SP/SO that it hurts based on the things said.
    Does you as an Sp/So follow the theory in post #31? Just curious about how others are ordering their instincts and why.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    Does you as an Sp/So follow the theory in post #31? Just curious about how others are ordering their instincts and why.
    yes, I am fairly socially awkward but when I need/ want something for my security, I usually know how to play the game in order to get it.

Enneagram
    5w4

^^^
    I appreciate the elaboration, Glycerine.

Looks like it's slowing down.
    Thanks to everyone for making this such an interesting discussion.

When they are unhealthy, Sexual types can experience a scattering of their attention and a profound lack of focus. They may act out in sexual promiscuity or become trapped in a fearful, dysfunctional attitude toward sex and intimacy. When the latter becomes their orientation, they will be equally intense about their avoidances.
    I am Sx/Sp - the celibate kind. Yet I can't begin to tell you how 'sexual' I am in my thoughts and approach to others. I've noticed that I automatically view any guy as a potential interest, even if they're not my type. It's only when I find out that they have a girlfriend that I really feel relaxed. My mental approach towards them changes. Less concentrated. Less...pointed.
    No one I know would ever guess any of that about me. They'd be utterly shocked. My Sp does its job well.

I started this thread with just the intention of pinpointing the theory behind instinct order. Ended up also clarifying my type, which is a bonus.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    ^^^
    I appreciate the elaboration, Glycerine.

Looks like it's slowing down.
    Thanks to everyone for making this such an interesting discussion.

I am Sx/Sp - the celibate kind. Yet I can't begin to tell you how 'sexual' I am in my thoughts and approach to others. I've noticed that I automatically view any guy as a potential interest, even if they're not my type. It's only when I find out that they have a girlfriend that I really feel relaxed. My mental approach towards them changes. Less concentrated. Less...pointed.
    No one I know would ever guess any of that about me. They'd be utterly shocked. My Sp does its job well.

I started this thread with just the intention of pinpointing the theory behind instinct order. Ended up also clarifying my type, which is a bonus.
    why are you celibate? that's gotta suck =P
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    IsFJ

I have the feeling that Sp is about more than security of one's self per se... It could also, perhaps, manifest itself as a more "reserved" demeanor, or a preference for managing things - not necessarily one's own stuff - without much interference? The librarian profession, for instance, sounds very Sp-oriented, especially in 1s, 5s, 6s or 9s.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    why are you celibate? that's gotta suck =P
    How can I put this without sounding more "emo"? lol
    Perhaps "celibate" has connotations that are misleading. It's not for any religious reason or some high-and-mighty moral.

To really simplify it: Fear. Getting that emotionally involved with a guy in the first place. That - not the sex - is the hurdle. It intrigues me immensely though...not that anyone would guess it. Sx/Sp prude, here.

And it doesn't really suck. I'm always occupied...intellectually.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

To really simplify it: Fear. Getting that emotionally involved with a guy in the first place. That - not the sex - is the hurdle.
    I relate so much with what you've said in your posts. I may be also a Sx/sp; at least, the description this page gives of Sx/sp 5's fits me perfectly: http://ocean-moonshine.net/e14285736...position=86:80

I think there's a core contradiction in all Sx/sp types. For example, on the one hand, what I really want deep inside is complete connection with somebody, like finding my other half. But on the other hand, my sp instinct prevents that to happen, because my natural reaction is detachment and building defenses against others. So I can have a one-night stand with a guy, no problem with that, but the next morning I just want to go away and don't see or talk with that person anymore. And that's because I don't trust people generally, I see them as potential dangers and, though I don't like isolation, I keep distances. I'm afraid I'll lose my self-sufficiency and become weak if I don't do so.

So, putting it in Freudian terms, I could say that my Ego wants intimacy with one person (that special person, may it be a lover or a best friend), but my Id tells me that depending too much on a person is dangerous and that I'm better on my own. It's really like self-sabotage.
    Of course, being myself a 5, I'm not sure how much of this behaviour is due to sp instinct and how much is due to type itself.
    you will hear one ugly voice and see one ugly spirit
    is made of ugly old prerecordings the more you run the tapes through and cut them up the less power they will have
    cut the prerecordings into air into thin air (The Ticket that Exploded- William Burroughs)

Could sp last make a 6 more trusting and less "the world is a dangerous place"? I assumed I was sp first or second because I'm cautious and don't like taking risks, but 6's are cautious in general I think.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    Could sp last make a 6 more trusting and less "the world is a dangerous place"?
    No.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan