User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Sp/Sx: may use sex appeal to attain financial stability and comfort (think super model)
    Sp/So: may use social graces to attain financial stability and comfort (think social climbing executive)
    Sx/Sp: may use financial means to increase sex appeal (think cougar or sugar daddy)
    Sx/So: may use social standing and status to increase sex appeal (think stereotypical alpha male)
    So/Sp: may use their survival and financial means to benefit the group (think person is a position of service)
    So/Sx: may use their sex appeal to gain social status and acceptance (think fraternities and sororities)
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but your theory seems to be:
    Instinct 1 = main concern/focus
    Instinct 2 = comes naturally and acts as a means
    I2 as a cushion or tool for coping with/attaining the desires/needs of I1.
    By that formula, I'd be Sx/Sp.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but your theory seems to be:
    Instinct 1 = main concern/focus
    Instinct 2 = comes naturally and acts as a means
    I2 as a tool for I1.
    By that formula, I'd be Sx/Sp.
    precisely
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Depends if both are of similar weighting or there's a large gap between them.

As an sx/sp, it causes push/pull within me. Sx greatly desires intimacy with another. Sp throws up a wall if there's uncertainty.
    This might be the only thing I agree with in this thread so far

Maybe this is one of the best descriptions I've seen of instinctual subtypes.

http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e1428...ule=pagemaster

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    This might be the only thing I agree with in this thread so far

The linked site is excellent for explaining stackings on their own, as well as stackings associated to type. This is the e8 sx/sp with a view to 8w7 sx/sp. As with most descriptions, over-inflated but the underlying concepts are bang on!

Sexual/Self-pres

This subtype is a very charismatic. They have a very assertive energy and they demand attention. The lust of the Eight combines with the sexual instinct to make one of the most fiery of the combinations of all of the enneatypes, especially if Seven is the dominant wing. Sexual/self-pres Eights aren’t afraid to tell you what they think. The "can do" attitude that the other subtypes have is now intertwined with an outward passionate storm of energy. The sexual/self-pres Eight will be similar to the self-pres/sex Eight with respect to interests and attachment to close friends and family, but the intensity level is augmented. Since the sexual instinct is first, these Eights usually don't let an opportunity pass by to connect with those they find interesting. They can sense the power in any situation and they like to challenge people. They can enjoy making others react to them, keeping others on their toes, to find out what makes them tick. They are likely to use humor to accomplish this. When sex/self-pres Eights are unbalanced, they are very quick to anger and have a difficult time controlling their impulses.

Based on the general stacking descriptions on that site, sp/sx and so/sx are the ones that fit me best. Of the type 6 stackings, sp/so and so/sx fit best. Hmm...is it even possible for an so/sx to be extremely introverted?

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post

Yeah, but their type stackings are a bit off which makes me wary of their descriptions in general. Well their so/sp one definitely is anyway - it's over-simplified and so biased toward 8s and 1s. It was that description that had me convinced I couldn't be so/sp for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    Based on the general stacking descriptions on that site, sp/sx and so/sx are the ones that fit me best. Of the type 6 stackings, sp/so and so/sx fit best. Hmm...is it even possible for an so/sx to be extremely introverted?
    Honestly, you don't seem sx at all to me. Remember INFPs tend to have a intensity about them that resembles sx, which can confuse the issue.

I think you're likely to sp/so or so/sp.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    IxFP

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Sx/Sp: may use financial means to increase sex appeal (think cougar or sugar daddy)
    Im a bum, and sometimes works very well with women

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

"Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski

The instincts don't determine behaviour, they only concern motives and needs. Again, you can be behaviourally anti-social but still have a dominant social instinct, or you can incredibly self-destructive but still have a dominant self-pres instinct, or you can be celibate but still have a dominant sexual instinct, etc.

Stop thinking in terms of "how do I act?", and start thinking in terms of "what drives me to do what I do?", and then think "why do I do it this way instead of that way?".
    Hello

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

yes
    - Michael Jackson: ISFP 4w3 So/Sx
    - Tim Burton: IN?P 5w4 So/Sx
    - Julia Roberts: INFP 6w5 So/Sx
    - Edward Norton: INFJ 6w5 So/Sx
    - Charlton Heston: ISTJ 8w9 So/Sx

the brunette in my avatar is also an INFP 1w2 So/Sx
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Glycerine

hah. I am so definitely SP/SO that it hurts based on the things said.