User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    INFP Sp/Sx.
    INTP, and sure of it.

But elaborate on Sp/Sx, if you will. What's your reasoning behind it?
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    INTP, and sure of it.

But elaborate on Sp/Sx, if you will. What's your reasoning behind it?
    You are protective but confident in the Sp realm and you are sexually prude, theses are mark of Self-Preservation. You don't care about the Social realm but have a lot of focus on intimacy. So Sp/Sx.

Your post looke a little "emo" to me, so I got the impression that you could be INFP, but you're probably right if you think you're INTP.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxFP

Hmm...wish I could do a visual representation of my instinct order but I can't. For me, it's:

Sx - (Relationship-wise) Consciously avoid it, analyze it, worry about it, fantasize about it, hide it. Very exciting and dramatic part of my mind. But am a total prude in real life.

Sp - Not too worried about about my own health or safety. Pretty confident that I won't come to any harm. You could even call it being cocky. May travel to unfamiliar places alone or do extreme sports...as if to show that I can handle it. But will refuse to touch/experiment with drugs. Would rather eat fruits/fish/vegies than take supplements or vitamins.

So - Does not take up much mind-space. Not really a concern. Easy to brush aside.

Verdict?
    Sp/Sx with the Sx nailing the surface

To me Sp means "comfort"
    Sx means " danger and security"

Note: The Sx/Sp ones tend to have an ON/OFF quality, if you know what I mean

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

"Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski

I'm still pretty confused about my instincts. I can never decide which is first or which is last, the only thing I know for certain is that I'm not sp last.

Sx - Don't like taking risks, don't seek intensity (or do I? Does seeking emotional intensity in music, movies, books, fantasies, etc. count?), strong desire for connection/closeness (but don't know how to get it), feel disconnected, want powerful and meaningful experiences, not at all "energized" or competitive

So - Terrible at social networking, don't see any point in facebook/twitter, recluse, put little effort into staying in touch with people, don't often notice social norms (like what kind of styles people wear) - and have to occasionally put extra energy into paying attention to such things so I don't look like an idiot, resent social norms/obligations, dislike socializing, want to appear "normal", afraid of making mistakes in social situations, don't care at all about popularity, social status, being part of groups, or being socially successful

Sp - Like comfort, somewhat aware of health issues, worry about eating unhealthy but often do anyways, always take care of paying bills on time (although this can take a lot of effort), usually notice right away when a room is too hot or cold, very cautious, frugal, not materialistic

I'm sort of thinking so/sp, but I'm not sure...

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Sp/Sx too.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Enneagram
    5w4

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Saying that I'm Sp/Sx also answers my original question - The one that comes more naturally or is more instinctual (Ha) comes first; the one that's a tad more awkward or takes up a lot of conscious effort/energy/anxiety/mindspace goes after.

Much appreciated, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Sp/Sx too.
    Regarding RevlisZero, have you checked out this thread about her?
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...gram-type.html
    The Social instinct, in relation to her, is discussed towards the end of the thread. It's quite interesting.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

Depends if both are of similar weighting or there's a large gap between them.

As an sx/sp, it causes push/pull within me. Sx greatly desires intimacy with another. Sp throws up a wall if there's uncertainty.

Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Depends if both are of similar weighting or there's a large gap between them.

As an sx/sp, it causes push/pull within me. Sx greatly desires intimacy with another. Sp throws up a wall if there's uncertainty.
    I always have a wall around me, even - no, especially when someone shows interest. Perhaps that's the difference between sp/sx and sx/sp. Any gutsy moves or daring ideas only play in my mind. I'm repressed to a fault. But I spend much of my time thinking about it. It's almost funny. I'm able to look from the outside and laugh at myself about it, though somewhat masochistically.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Sp/Sx: may use sex appeal to attain financial stability and comfort (think super model)
    Sp/So: may use social graces to attain financial stability and comfort (think social climbing executive)
    Sx/Sp: may use financial means to increase sex appeal (think cougar or sugar daddy)
    Sx/So: may use social standing and status to increase sex appeal (think stereotypical alpha male)
    So/Sp: may use their survival and financial means to benefit the group (think person is a position of service)
    So/Sx: may use their sex appeal to gain social status and acceptance (think fraternities and sororities)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

I always have a wall around me, even - no, especially when someone shows interest. Perhaps that's the difference between sp/sx and sx/sp. Any gutsy moves or daring ideas only play in my mind. I'm repressed to a fault. But I spend much of my time thinking about it. It's almost funny. I'm able to look from the outside and laugh at myself about it, though somewhat masochistically.
    Same here. I could be sp/sx....or I could be sp/so or even so/sp.

My enneagram type makes it tricky, because I can't tell what comes from my basic desire and what comes from my instincts.

Fear of making mistakes/doing stupid things in front of people (which might be So) --> Fear of being disliked, of others (especially people I respect) having a low opinion of me --> Fear of loss of support (e6's basic fear)

So naturally a 6 is going to fear looking bad and losing support, whether so or sx. But I'm new to this whole 6 thing, so maybe I'm overlooking something?