User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbringer View Post
    The way I learned about it was that our second instinct is the one that we focus on the most because we use the second instinct to supplement the first. Our first instinct comes naturally to us and it's something that we just react to without much thought to it. An example of this would be a prostitute. They're usually sp/sx, because even though they're service is based around sex, most use their sexuality to attend to their sp needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I heard it was the other way around. The second instinct comes naturally and is the easiest to use, but the first is the one you put the most effort into and focus on the most.

(Originally posted by Giovanni on PersonalityCafe)
    I will follow this thread with a great deal of interest because whether I'm so/sp or sp/so depends a lot on which of these definitions is correct.

Any other opinions on the topic?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I think the way this site describes type stackings explains the relationship between first, second and last variants quite well. Example:

Sp/Sx - Likely to neglect their desire to seek intense connections and experiences for the sake of their primary concern of maintaining physical saftey, comfort, and an orderly lifestyle, in average-healthy levels. May not have an awareness of the need to connect in a broader sense with the world, of a sense of security or in groups or of the need to seek it, or even of the need to foster approval, support, and understanding of themselves within groups they are connected with, often causing misunderstandings with allies, supporters, friends, and family members.

Sp/So - Likely to neglect their desire to build their sense of personal value, accomplishment, and security of place with others for the sake of their primary concern of maintaining physical saftey, comfort, and an orderly lifestyle, in average-healthy levels. May not have an awareness of the need to stimulate the mind or emotions, of a sense of deep excitement or enthusiasm, of a need for intimate experiences, of the need for the unfamiliar. May fall into routines and, despite social connection, may feel a strange disconnection even from spouses, friends, and family.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I think the way this site describes type stackings explains the relationship between first, second and last variants quite well. Example:
    Those descriptions suggest that the second instinct is neglected/supressed for the sake of the dominant instinct - the person's main concern. (And, needless to say, the third isn't paid much attention to.)
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    Those descriptions suggest that the second instinct is neglected/supressed for the sake of the dominant instinct - the person's main concern. (And, needless to say, the third isn't paid much attention to.)
    Yep, that's what it sounds like to me too! That means I'm definitely typed correctly (though I must still be close between the two of them, because it tends to be a tough decision where the outcome depends on the situation; e.g. if I needed to decide whether to catch up on sleep after a week or so without much of it, or whether to go to my friend's party, it would depend on how close the friend is, and whether or not I had already told them I would go).
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    IxFP

Sx/Sp________________________So for me

There is another people who are:
    Sx____________________________Sp/So
    So____________________________Sx/Sp

Etc...

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

"Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbringer View Post
    The way I learned about it was that our second instinct is the one that we focus on the most because we use the second instinct to supplement the first. Our first instinct comes naturally to us and it's something that we just react to without much thought to it. An example of this would be a prostitute. They're usually sp/sx, because even though they're service is based around sex, most use their sexuality to attend to their sp needs.
    I definitely agree with this, except for the example. the prostitute is probably Sx/Sp who is using her Sp side to get money for her real object of sexual interest (ie her pimp) more common professions for Sp/Sx in which they use their Sx side in service of Sp might include:
    - model
    - pimp
    - gold digger
    - performing artist
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Richardsen View Post
    Sx/Sp________________________So for me
    There is another people who are:
    Sx____________________________Sp/So
    So____________________________Sx/Sp
    Etc...
    if I get your analogy correctly, I'm Sp___Sx_____________________________________So
    (Sp and Sx are fairly balanced, but Sp is clearly first in the pecking order, So is lightyears away)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Sx_____So_________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________Sp, probably that.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Enneagram
    5w4

Hmm...wish I could do a visual representation of my instinct order but I can't. For me, it's:

Sx - (Relationship-wise) Consciously avoid it, analyze it, worry about it, fantasize about it, hide it. Very exciting and dramatic part of my mind. But am a total prude in real life.

Sp - Not too worried about about my own health or safety. Pretty confident that I won't come to any harm. You could even call it being cocky. May travel to unfamiliar places alone or do extreme sports...as if to show that I can handle it. But will refuse to touch/experiment with drugs. Would rather eat fruits/fish/vegies than take supplements or vitamins.

So - Does not take up much mind-space. Not really a concern. Easy to brush aside.

Verdict?
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    Hmm...wish I could do a visual representation of my instinct order but I can't. For me, it's:

Sx - (Relationship-wise) Consciously avoid it, analyze it, worry about it, fantasize about it, hide it. Very exciting and dramatic part of my mind. But am a total prude in real life.

Sp - Not too worried about about my own health or safety. Pretty confident that I won't come to any harm. You could even call it being cocky. May travel to unfamiliar places alone or do extreme sports...as if to show that I can handle it. But will refuse to touch/experiment with drugs. Would rather eat fruits/fish/vegies than take supplements or vitamins.

So - Does not take up much mind-space. Not really a concern. Easy to brush aside.

Verdict?
    INFP Sp/Sx.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan