User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    It just means where your attention and enthusiasm goes. Just follow that as much as you can.
    Well, let's see... Say I'm at my university, in between classes. My thoughts tend to drift towards a) being discreet and avoiding unwanted attention - partly, I admit, due to feelings of shame (I once missed a class due to dreading the prospect of humiliation and embarassing questions :P); b) what I'll do with the time I have and how I'll administer it (not that it helps me actually do stuff all that much, mind you); and c) the kinds of conversations I'd have (or like to have) with people. Well, and video game music, but that doesn't help answer your question, methinks.

When I'm at home, I feel more free to think more about my personal needs (not necessarily physical) and how I'll organize my private time - the work-life balance is an issue I'll have to deal with in due time.

I think that partially answers your question, but I also feel like I'm not seeing the whole picture. It's not always easy to detect your focus in hindsight.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    @Viridian, I think your post earlier sounded the most like 9, then 6, and then 5 in that order. I wish I could be more helpful, but I'm honestly not sure how to tell the difference between a 9 and a 6 at this point. They can start to look identical in the average levels.

Hmm...Well how about this: What makes you feel secure?
    Oh, thank you. These three are indeed my main choices...

What makes me feel secure: financial stability (I likez my stuff! ), being able to do my idiosyncratic routine stuff, having companionship (well, not just any companionship - there needs to be interpersnal compatibility, otherwise it can get kind of heated and stressful).
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Oh, thank you. These three are indeed my main choices...

What makes me feel secure: financial stability (I likez my stuff! ), being able to do my idiosyncratic routine stuff, having companionship (well, not just any companionship - there needs to be interpersnal compatibility, otherwise it can get kind of heated and stressful).
    Yay, idiosyncratic routine stuff! (Same here)

What makes me feel secure/comfortable is:
    - Privacy - I feel uncomfortable when other people are around
    - Being certain, knowing the answer
    - Predictability - knowing what to expect, having a simple and predictable system I can master
    - Approval, being liked
    - Knowing where I stand with others (because I constantly worry about what others think of me)
    - Clear guidelines (no ambiguity) and knowing what I'm supposed to do (especially in unfamiliar situations)
    - Not having obligations and deadlines to worry about

I wonder if you can relate to any of mine, because I think a lot of mine come from being a 6 (though I could be mistyped ).

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Speed Gavroche
    I'm not completely convinced Brad Pitt is 7w6 (he seems a lot like a 9w8 to be honest)
    I'm less convinced he's So/Sx. he seems Sp/Sx to me
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @Speed Gavroche
    I'm not completely convinced Brad Pitt is 7w6 (he seems a lot like a 9w8 to be honest)
    I'm less convinced he's So/Sx. he seems Sp/Sx to me
    Brad P is a 7w6 not a 9w8, his orientation is the "monkey spirit", quick adapter and planner who is pleasure oriented and assertive, he is more self-absorbed than merging, more "hyper" than mellow.

He is clearly So/Sx and not Sp/Sx, if you make the comparaison with other So/Sx men, you would see the similarities:

[youtube=9JskOs7xXwU]Brad Pitt on Ellen DeGeneres-2011-09-22.mpg[/youtube]
    [youtube=OWgZ5TSle7I]Rob Lowe on Ellen DeGeneres Show, October 6, 2009 HD VIDEO [Part 1] [/youtube]
    [youtube=LJOJooYEdMA]New Moon's Robert Pattinson on The Ellen DeGeneres Show Friday Nov 20 2009 Part 1 of 2[/youtube]

Make the girl crowd yell, is playfull with the audience, take all the time to receive the applaud and never seems annoyed. Brad P is also very similar to the So/Sx Roberd Redford.

But no, he's not a 9w8 Sp/Sx, Clint Eastwood is a 8w9 Sp/Sx, see the difference:

[youtube=8egTvJfrIyk]CLINT EASTWOOD on Ellen DeGeneres Show - December 8, 2009 - HD[/youtube]

Temper the audience, don't care about the crowd, a bit annoyed by the noise, quiet and protective. Completely different.

Watch also this video of Keanu R, true 9w8 Sp/Sx, he's quiet and somewhat austere, don't pay attention to the audience, not too much putting excitement in the talk.

[youtube=t_FQScFXbcA]Keanu Reeves on Letterman[/youtube]
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Not to be dismissive of your thoughts, but the more I encounter stackings, the more I think how much they just obfuscate and over-complicate the issue and don't help illustrate a god-damned thing.
    It over-complicate only when you don't master it. The subtype is actually often more easy to find than the enneatype.

"Dude is obsessed with sex and love and allure and intimacy, but he can't be sx-dom because he isn't sexy."
    John Lennon was an Sx/So and he said that talking about sex was like talking about music, it has'nt any interest. Woody Allen is an Sp/So and he talks about sex always. He's also often considered as sexy, possibly more often than John L. But Woody A is oriented toward sex as an intelectual and mental level above all while John L was a oriented toward sex by his guts. The sexual instincts, like the two others instincts flows toward the body and it is visible. Then Woody A is Sx-last while John L was Sx-first, that's all. I don't see what is "over-vomplicating" in that.

And I think you need to get away from the word "instinct", since it's a fairly arbitrary one in this case - there's no mind/body split being illustrated here. I feel the instincts are more suffused and all-encompassing than that.
    It is about instinct. In enneagram there's the mental fixation at the Head Center, the passion of the heart at the Heart Center, and the instincts at the Gut Center. If you say it's not instinctive, you completely miss the point.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Enneagram
    5w4

*sigh* No one wants to discuss the theory...

Yay, idiosyncratic routine stuff! (Same here)

What makes me feel secure/comfortable is:
    - Privacy - I feel uncomfortable when other people are around
    - Being certain, knowing the answer
    - Predictability - knowing what to expect, having a simple and predictable system I can master
    - Approval, being liked
    - Knowing where I stand with others (because I constantly worry about what others think of me)
    - Clear guidelines (no ambiguity) and knowing what I'm supposed to do (especially in unfamiliar situations)
    - Not having obligations and deadlines to worry about

I wonder if you can relate to any of mine, because I think a lot of mine come from being a 6 (though I could be mistyped ).
    Mind if I make my own list too?

What I need in life:

- My family, and knowing they're all healthy. After my cousin died recently, this has been a particular worry of mine.
    - Freedom and the thought that my life has not been planned. I need this flexibility.
    - Being able to research and learn to my heart's content.
    - My inquisitiveness, curiosity and passion for learning. If I ever gave that up and felt jaded, then I'd lose meaning in life. I love the thought that, during my lifetime, I will witness many more discoveries and inventions to come. What will the world be like in 2045? I'm excited to see. And bring on the aliens!
    - Not being tied down. Like I said, predictability and commitment would depress me.
    - Being competent, worthy and feeling like I'm not a waste of space.
    - I desire to be irreplaceable at something, and to someone.

Does this say anything about my instincts?
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    *sigh* No one wants to discuss the theory...
    Sorry about all the thread derailing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    Mind if I make my own list too?

What I need in life:

- My family, and knowing they're all healthy. After my cousin died recently, this has been a particular worry of mine.
    - Freedom and the thought that my life has not been planned. I need this flexibility.
    - Being able to research and learn to my heart's content.
    - My inquisitiveness, curiosity and passion for learning. If I ever gave that up and felt jaded, then I'd lose meaning in life. I love the thought that, during my lifetime, I will witness many more discoveries and inventions to come. What will the world be like in 2045? I'm excited to see. And bring on the aliens!
    - Not being tied down. Like I said, predictability and commitment would depress me.
    - Being competent, worthy and feeling like I'm not a waste of space.
    - I desire to be irreplaceable at something, and to someone.

Does this say anything about my instincts?
    I don't know about instincts, but this has e5 written all over it. Though I think not wanting to be tied down or have things be predictable sounds to me like it could indicate a preference for Sx over Sp. Then again, I put predictability in my list, so I don't know...

Enneagram
    5w4

Sorry about all the thread derailing.

I don't know about instincts, but this has e5 written all over it. Though I think not wanting to be tied down or have things be predictable sounds to me like it could indicate a preference for Sx over Sp. Then again, I put predictability in my list, so I don't know...
    Don't apologise! lol I actually appreciate that people are making use of this thread and that it hasn't faded into oblivion yet.

Anyway, yeah, you make an interesting point. Is predictability more in the sp-domain, and unpredictability in sx's? I'd probably go as far as to say that the chase/crush stage seems much more attractive than when a relationship becomes 'official'.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    It over-complicate only when you don't master it. The subtype is actually often more easy to find than the enneatype.

John Lennon was an Sx/So and he said that talking about sex was like talking about music, it has'nt any interest. Woody Allen is an Sp/So and he talks about sex always. He's also often considered as sexy, possibly more often than John L. But Woody A is oriented toward sex as an intelectual and mental level above all while John L was a oriented toward sex by his guts. The sexual instincts, like the two others instincts flows toward the body and it is visible. Then Woody A is Sx-last while John L was Sx-first, that's all. I don't see what is "over-vomplicating" in that.

It is about instinct. In enneagram there's the mental fixation at the Head Center, the passion of the heart at the Heart Center, and the instincts at the Gut Center. If you say it's not instinctive, you completely miss the point.
    agreed.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire