User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    How can you tell the difference? Can you clarify the difference?
    I've ever done it.

You know that someones is Sx-last when they are completely out of youch with their sensuality and when it is weird or even laughable to imagine them having sex, because it seems completely out of context with theses people. Steve J is like this. Do the experience, try to imagin Bill Gates or Larry King or Steve Jobs or Stalin or Ron Paul or Laura Bush having sex, and you'll see that it works.

Sx, at the opposite have an allure wich screams "SEX" always, wich screams "I want sex, I have sex, I need sex", and if you try to imagine them having sex, it's either stimulating or creepy. Do the experience, see Ann Coulter, Adolph Hitler, th ayatollah Khomeiny, Angelina Jolie, Courtney Love, Elvis Presley or Megan Fox and imagine them having sex, try also to imagine my avatar having sex, you, again, will see the result.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    You know that someones is Sx-last when they are completely out of youch with their sensuality and when it is weird or even laughable to imagine them having sex, because it seems completely out of context with theses people. Steve J is like this. Do the experience, try to imagin Bill Gates or Larry King or Steve Jobs or Stalin or Ron Paul or Laura Bush having sex, and you'll see that it works.

Sx, at the opposite have an allure wich screams "SEX" always, wich screams "I want sex, I have sex, I need sex", and if you try to imagine them having sex, it's either stimulating or creepy. Do the experience, see Ann Coulter, Adolph Hitler, th ayatollah Khomeiny, Angelina Jolie, Courtney Love, Elvis Presley or Megan Fox and imagine them having sex, try also to imagine my avatar having sex, you, again, will see the result.
    What about when the sx instinct is not focused on people?
    Or when the person is very much aware and influenced by the sx instinct...but becomes a prude rather than some sex-maniac?

For example, who would be the more sx-instinctual out of these two? Using sx as an example, the 'positive' side of the scale would = being outwardly and confidently sexual, whereas the 'negative' side would = being totally aware yet scared of intimacy. Does it matter which side a person leans?
    (The lower the points, the less influence that instinct has on a person.)

Might not be the correct way of looking at the instincts, but it's one way...or illustrates part of the puzzle, at least.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    But Sx-last often do this, Henry Kissinger said that power was a great aphrodisac, but he was Sp/So. Woody Allen talk about love and sex always, but he is Sp/So. All of this is just intelectual, a mind game, a mental process, not something instinctive. If Steve Jobs wanted attention and put a dent in the world, it because ha was So-dom, but he was not instinctively sexual at all.
    Not to be dismissive of your thoughts, but the more I encounter stackings, the more I think how much they just obfuscate and over-complicate the issue and don't help illustrate a god-damned thing. "Dude is obsessed with sex and love and allure and intimacy, but he can't be sx-dom because he isn't sexy."

It's like when people say they can't be so-dom because they don't like networking - it makes no difference. How do you see the world? What colours it? Where does your attention go? I feel these are better indicators of your instinct. Being a neurotic mess about it doesn't change anything, in my opinion - it just means you're not fulfilling your own needs constructively, and that you probably harbour some nasty resentments about them.

And I think you need to get away from the word "instinct", since it's a fairly arbitrary one in this case - there's no mind/body split being illustrated here. I feel the instincts are more suffused and all-encompassing than that.
    Hello

MBTI
    IsFJ

So, @VagrantFarce, do you have any thoughts about my description?

If you don't, that's fine, I was just curious.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    So, @VagrantFarce, do you have any thoughts about my description?

If you don't, that's fine, I was just curious.
    I did read it, but the most I could infer was that you're introverted & shy and have trouble asserting yourself and being confident. That's the most I can honestly infer without reading too much into it. If I were to guess I'd say 5 or 9, and the difference there would be how much "fear" plays into your general experience of life, but I don't know if that would really help you.

I doubt this is the response you were hoping for, but a good remedy for that sort of things you're describing is exercise. It genuinely works, take it from me - getting out of your head and into your body makes you much more aware and in command of your own physical presence, which in turn will make it easier for you to be more assertive and be more comfortable around other people. Believe me, the more in touch with your own physical presence you become, the less self-conscious you'll be.
    Hello

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    I did read it, but the most I could infer was that you're introverted & shy and have trouble asserting yourself and being confident. That's the most I can honestly infer without reading too much into it. If I were to guess I'd say 5 or 9, and the difference there would be how much "fear" plays into your general experience of life, but I don't know if that would really help you.

I doubt this is the response you were hoping for, but a good remedy for that sort of things you're describing is exercise. It genuinely works, take it from me - getting out of your head and into your body makes you much more aware and in command of your own physical presence, which in turn will make it easier for you to be more assertive and be more comfortable around other people. Believe me, the more in touch with your own physical presence you become, the less self-conscious you'll be.
    Thanks! I do exercise, partly due to my posture and partly due to having a bit of a belly. My personal trainer also wants me to change my dietary habits. Oof!

Funny, I kinda thought you'd say I was a Six, looking back on that description.

If you have any suggestions for questions that might help me figure out my subtype, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks! I do exercise, partly due to my posture and partly due to having a bit of a belly. My personal trainer also wants me to change my dietary habits. Oof!

Funny, I kinda thought you'd say I was a Six, looking back on that description.

If you have any suggestions for questions that might help me figure out my subtype, I'd appreciate it!
    Just consider your own needs - where do you place your stakes in life? What's good for you? Even if you don't figure out your subtype, you'll be better off regardless having identified what you really need to get out of life.
    Hello

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Just consider your own needs - where do you place your stakes in life? What's good for you? Even if you don't figure out your subtype, you'll be better off regardless having identified what you really need to get out of life.
    That's hard to pinpoint - I'm still in college, dreading the prospect of adulthood and questioning my career decision, so I kind of minimize my expressed needs in order to get used to disappointment and sacrifice. I'm kind of a spoiled brat.

Could you elaborate on the "placing my stakes" question? I'm not sure I understand it.

That's hard to pinpoint - I'm still in college, dreading the prospect of adulthood and questioning my career decision, so I kind of minimize my expressed needs in order to get used to disappointment and sacrifice. I'm kind of a spoiled brat.

Could you elaborate on the "placing my stakes" question? I'm not sure I understand it.
    It just means where your attention and enthusiasm goes. Just follow that as much as you can.
    Hello

@Viridian, I think your post earlier sounded the most like 9, then 6, and then 5 in that order. I wish I could be more helpful, but I'm honestly not sure how to tell the difference between a 9 and a 6 at this point. They can start to look identical in the average levels.

Hmm...Well how about this: What makes you feel secure?