User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    (You accidentally put Viridian instead of Speed Gavroche as the writer of that quote.)
    All right, would you mind answering the question I posed above? How can you tell that an apple an apple and when it is not? What is the difference between a non-sx who cherishes/is obsessed with his partner, and an sx-instinctual? Forget about Steve Jobs' real type...or any individual's. I'm interested in an all-encompassing explanation.
    I don't know - I could be wrong, after all.

But the way he was obsessed with sex ("how many of you are virgins?"), his attention-grabbing nature, his need to "put a dent in the world"...I know the conclusion I've drawn isn't the only one, but it doesn't seem ridiculous to me.

Duzzat help any?
    Maybe! I'll come back to you later, I have prior engagements.
    Hello

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    @Elfboy: Thanks for the vids! If it comes to 'vibes' in the vids, I think my INFP is more sp/sx-ish, which was what I originally typed him as. Then I realized that he can get very impulsive with money if it means -- so I think he could be sx/sp. Neither of the descriptions seem to fit, though...

Here are some points categorized according to the instincts if anyone could venture a guess

Sx
    - Impulsive and occasionally gets obsessed with things (me when I'm around, video games, clothing, electronic devices, etc.) He seems to have amazing stamina when he's in an obsessive mood and can spend ten hours researching something online!
    - Often jealous of other people I spend time with (not in a "you're cheating!" way, but just bothered by the attention I give to other people)
    - Relationship wins over having friends

Sp
    - Wants a comfortable, boring, safe life
    - Low energy most of the time and likes an easy routine
    - Is concerned about eating healthily
    - Worries about imaginary health problems when under stress

So
    - Gets paranoid about what strangers think of him
    - Doesn't want to be considered 'weird' and wants to fit in (but feels he can't)

So, in his idea of a perfect life, he and I would be living together in a nice little place of our own, playing video games all day and ordering delivery.

I asked him once if he liked "highs and lows" or "steady okays", he thought about it a little and went with "highs and lows".

So, does this sound like sx/sp to you?
    Sp/Sx
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    I wouldn't stop you.

I'm still convinced Steve Jobs was a sexual type - sometimes an apple is an apple, y'know?
    He's not sexual at all, he is a nerd and he is bureaucratic.

You know that someones is Sx-last when they are completely out of youch with their sensuality and when it is weird or even laughable to imagine them having sex, because it seems completely out of context with theses people. Steve J is like this. Do the experience, try to imagin Bill Gates or Larry King or Steve Jobs or Stalin or Ron Paul or Laura Bush having sex, and you'll see that it works.

Sx, at the opposite have an allure wich screams "SEX" always, wich screams "I want sex, I have sex, I need sex", and if you try to imagine them having sex, it's either stimulating or creepy. Do the experience, see Ann Coulter, Adolph Hitler, th ayatollah Khomeiny, Angelina Jolie, Courtney Love, Elvis Presley or Megan Fox and imagine them having sex, try also to imagine my avatar having sex, you, again, will see the result.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Sp/Sx
    Yeah.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    I don't know - I could be wrong, after all.

But the way he was obsessed with sex ("how many of you are virgins?"), his attention-grabbing nature, his need to "put a dent in the world"...
    But Sx-last often do this, Henry Kissinger said that power was a great aphrodisac, but he was Sp/So. Woody Allen talk about love and sex always, but he is Sp/So. All of this is just intelectual, a mind game, a mental process, not something instinctive. If Steve Jobs wanted attention and put a dent in the world, it because ha was So-dom, but he was not instinctively sexual at all.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

7w6

2 7w8s
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

A question: does it still count as Sx-dom if you'd like above all to have intimate and close relationships, but you don't believe anymore that it's possible, because you mistrust people?

I suppose that instincts don't change over time, or do they?
    you will hear one ugly voice and see one ugly spirit
    is made of ugly old prerecordings the more you run the tapes through and cut them up the less power they will have
    cut the prerecordings into air into thin air (The Ticket that Exploded- William Burroughs)

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by taylor17387 View Post
    A question: does it still count as Sx-dom if you'd like above all to have intimate and close relationships, but you don't believe anymore that it's possible, because you mistrust people?
    I think that yes.

I suppose that instincts don't change over time, or do they?
    I don't think they change, it's a survival strategy wich arises during the early chiildhood. I was ever Sx/So when i was 5.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Sp/Sx
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Yeah.
    Thanks! Would you mind explaining a bit? I mean, I thought he was so sp/sx when we were together, but when we went long-distance he wanted to be together so much that he would spent his last dollar on plane tickets and in the end had to resort to living solely on credit for a month. That's something I would never imagine doing. I thought the sp instinct was to be safe (financially as well?)

I'm not challenging sp/sx. I just want to understand better. What would he be like if he were sx/sp?
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    But Sx-last often do this, Henry Kissinger said that power was a great aphrodisac, but he was Sp/So. Woody Allen talk about love and sex always, but he is Sp/So. All of this is just intelectual, a mind game, a mental process, not something instinctive. If Steve Jobs wanted attention and put a dent in the world, it because ha was So-dom, but he was not instinctively sexual at all.
    How can you tell the difference? Can you clarify the difference?
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI