User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    I mean, needless to say, there are Sp/So and So/Sp types who cherish their partners more than anything else if you ask them to choose.
    Indeed. Richard Nixon was obssesed with his wife and he cherished her, Steve Jobs valued love above all, but they were not instinctively sexuals.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    What do you enjoy doing? What gets you energised? What do you love about life? it can be anything, big or small. Don't overthink it and make some big "this, or this maybe, or this" list like you always do, just go with what you feel.
    Nothing involving people, if that's what you're looking for. Things I enjoy are music, psychology, anime, video games, and foreign languages. That's all I can think of right now...Sorry my answers aren't very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    Nothing involving people, if that's what you're looking for.
    I'm not looking for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    Things I enjoy are music, psychology, anime, video games, and foreign languages. That's all I can think of right now...Sorry my answers aren't very helpful.
    Why do you enjoy those? What needs are you fulfilling with these activities? Imagine if these activities were denied to you - what would be missing? How else could you full-fill these needs, perhaps in ways that you're not confident or comfortable with? What are you avoiding?
    Hello

I'm not looking for anything.

Why do you enjoy those? What needs are you fulfilling with these activities? Imagine if these activities were denied to you - what would be missing? How else could you full-fill these needs, perhaps in ways that you're not confident or comfortable with? What are you avoiding?
    They're entertainment, just ways to pass the time. If they were denied to me, well for one I'd have to find a new major. :P And I'd probably read more. I might take up writing. And I'm sure I could find something else to do on the internet as well. Maybe I could get into chess. But chess is a 2-player game, and computer chess gets boring after a while...

I should add that music serves a special function for me. I use it to create and maintain specific moods, and provide inspiration for daydreaming. Anime serves that need in a way as well. I'm not sure how I could replace that..I suppose the only other thing is movies.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Would you mind if I "hijacked" your questions to RZ in order to ask you to help me find my type, VagrantFarce?

Which is to say, would you mind if I answered them (for myself) as well?
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Indeed. Richard Nixon was obssesed with his wife and he cherished her, Steve Jobs valued love above all, but they were not instinctively sexuals.
    Glad you agree. So, theoretically, what would you say is the difference between the above examples and those who are "√Įnstinctively sexuals"?
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Would you mind if I "hijacked" your questions to RZ in order to ask you to help me find my type, VagrantFarce?

Which is to say, would you mind if I answered them (for myself) as well?
    I wouldn't stop you.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    I'm still convinced Steve Jobs was a sexual type - sometimes an apple is an apple, y'know?
    Hello

Enneagram
    5w4

I'm still convinced Steve Jobs was a sexual type - sometimes an apple is an apple, y'know?
    (You accidentally put Viridian instead of Speed Gavroche as the writer of that quote.)
    All right, would you mind answering the question I posed above? How can you tell that an apple an apple and when it is not? What is the difference between a non-sx who cherishes/is obsessed with his partner, and an sx-instinctual? Forget about Steve Jobs' real type...or any individual's. I'm interested in an all-encompassing explanation.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

@Elfboy: Thanks for the vids! If it comes to 'vibes' in the vids, I think my INFP is more sp/sx-ish, which was what I originally typed him as. Then I realized that he can get very impulsive with money if it means -- so I think he could be sx/sp. Neither of the descriptions seem to fit, though...

Here are some points categorized according to the instincts if anyone could venture a guess

Sx
    - Impulsive and occasionally gets obsessed with things (me when I'm around, video games, clothing, electronic devices, etc.) He seems to have amazing stamina when he's in an obsessive mood and can spend ten hours researching something online!
    - Often jealous of other people I spend time with (not in a "you're cheating!" way, but just bothered by the attention I give to other people)
    - Relationship wins over having friends

Sp
    - Wants a comfortable, boring, safe life
    - Low energy most of the time and likes an easy routine
    - Is concerned about eating healthily
    - Worries about imaginary health problems when under stress

So
    - Gets paranoid about what strangers think of him
    - Doesn't want to be considered 'weird' and wants to fit in (but feels he can't)

So, in his idea of a perfect life, he and I would be living together in a nice little place of our own, playing video games all day and ordering delivery.

I asked him once if he liked "highs and lows" or "steady okays", he thought about it a little and went with "highs and lows".

So, does this sound like sx/sp to you?
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    IsFJ

I wouldn't stop you.
    OK then, thanks! Let's see...

Why do you enjoy those? What needs are you fulfilling with these activities?
    Well, as much as I dislike branding some forms of art as "escapism" in themselves, that's part of their use for me. Through fiction, I can be somewhere away from the chaotic, immense, disorientating landscape we call "reality". I can experience something other than guilt, uncertainty, confusion, anxiety or whatnot, and I can do thngs at my own pace. It's pretty cozy. I can also see the worlds built by other people, which I guess is a sort of way of knowing "what they see" without much engagement.

I also enjoy participating in forum discussions, where I'm slightly less nervous about stating my opinion and being paid attention by others.

Those are just some of my chosen hobbies, though.

Imagine if these activities were denied to you - what would be missing?
    Peace of mind, for one. Ironically, I'd be "missing a lack" - of guilt, of anxiety, etc. The world can seem like a predator encroaching on you sometimes... Of course, I'm in a pretty cozy situation, financially and sociologically, but I don't know if I can maintain that as an adult.

How else could you full-fill these needs, perhaps in ways that you're not confident or comfortable with?
    I don't know... Maybe I'd have to learn how to cope with my anxieties and get out of my shell a bit so I could find companionship somewhere.

What are you avoiding?
    Engagement, in some ways. Frustration. Failure. Irritation (which generates guilt in its own way). Humiliation. Pressure. Great amounts of responsibility (see: failure). Ambition. Risk. Things like that.

Duzzat help any?
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).