• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Celibacy & The Sexual Instinct

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Is it possible for a Sx/Sp or Sx/So to live celibate? If so, how does that work?

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes it is...
If you are a Sx first doesn't mean that you are a nimphomaniac

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sure, it is called solitary confinement. Or for the truly daring... self control.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
<--Sx-dom

And yes it's possible. It's a combination of self control and dealing with your feelings on your own time (i.e. masturbation). Not meeting anyone that fits your criteria (or is often case, you not meeting theirs) also helps.

Lark

<--Sx-dom

And yes it's possible. It's a combination of self control and dealing with your feelings on your own time (i.e. masturbation). Not meeting anyone that fits your criteria (or is often case, you not meeting theirs) also helps.

:laugh:

I thought for sure it'd be an NT described feeling as masturbation but there you go.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:laugh:

I thought for sure it'd be an NT described feeling as masturbation but there you go.

...I want to say something witty or interested to this but I have nothing.

Sorry?

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would think if you were an Sx non-religious non-J type, it would be basically impossible.

If you're at least doing it for religious reasons you have something to motivate you. And if you're a J, the self-control bit's going to come a lot easier.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
E1 sx? I'm not sure what they are like precisely, but E1 is very restrained and controlled in just the right way, the two traits would clash like mad I think.

Rim

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sx first doesn't mean they want sex all the time or they are nymphos. Craving sex and having it with anyone available is an Sx last thing.

Sx first looks for deeper meaning and merging with everything, not just sex. Just sex is unappealing. People should really call this instinct the "one to one" or "transmitting instinct" or the "merging" instinct.

Sx seeks to find parts of itself, in one to one relationships with others or objects. It doesn't feel complete without the merging. An Sx first will feel incomplete without a meaningful relationship to something.

So to answer the question, yes Sx first can be celibate.

Bamboozle

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agree with [MENTION=14663]Rim[/MENTION].

Read this thread, for example: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/51704-sx-obsessions.html. It's all about the things that Sx seeks that isn't sex. There's plenty. Sx can just be about finding connection and intensity…even if it's not with people.

Personally, I get that connection when I'm talking about ideas :D.